PDA

View Full Version : MOS Selection

Warrior07
07-19-06, 11:28 AM
Hi, Do you get your MOS when you're with the recuiter or at the MEPS? I know you can pick what field you want, like INFANTRY, but do you get to choice in what you want to be, like a rifleman (every Marine is a rifleman), mortarman, or machinegunner, etc? How does it all work?

Thank you in advance

Marine84
07-19-06, 12:44 PM
Unless things have changed THAT much - you won't know until you get your orders in bootcamp.

outlaw3179
07-19-06, 12:52 PM
talk to the recruiter. youll be able to pick what MOS you want to go with there and hell be able to see if you qualify.

jackson07
07-19-06, 02:06 PM
You pick your MOS field at MEPS with your service liasion. If you pick the 03 field which is infantry, that is all that you get to pick. When you report to SOI each 03 recruit is then given a full MOS (you might get to fill out a dream sheet if you are lucky). Like rifleman, machine gunner, etc.

matrix
07-19-06, 05:15 PM
Your Recuritor will have all the (Job fields) That you qulify for . He gets this information from your asvab scores. You and your recruitor will then select a job in the field of your choice.Keep...

WJason777
07-20-06, 02:02 AM
I made a 35 for the Intrance score on the asvab, can someone give me and idea of what job i am quifly for? Is there some way you can tell by just looking at that Intrance score? I just want and idea so, the next time i see my recuritor i will have and idea of what to sesupec.

jackson07
07-20-06, 09:54 AM
WJason please do a spell/grammar check on your posts.

In order to find out what MOS fields you qualify for you must know your line scores. You say you got a 35 on the ASVAB. The 35 is your AFQT, which is your base score. The ASVAB score is then broken down into special groups and each group gives your score for a special skill or trait. This is something you must get from your recruiter.