PDA

View Full Version : Remembering a former Poolee

Tim1418
07-19-06, 12:33 AM
Today is July 19th 2006. A year ago on this day a true Marine passed away in a fatal car accident. Let him not be forgotten.

He was just days away from heading off to MCRD.PI

RIP semperfidelis20 * Matthew Windham

http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/5108/ripmatt29ft.gif

CrazyBrave83
07-19-06, 05:14 AM
Rest in Peace, hardcharger. Time hasn't had any toll on our admiration.

GySgtRet
07-19-06, 06:04 AM
I did not know you but according to the testimony of other I have to think that you were in the true Spirit de Corps.

Rest in Peace Matthew Windham.

Thank you for riminding us of this wonderful person.

The Sandman
07-19-06, 10:03 AM
Rest In Peace Matt.

Osotogary
07-19-06, 10:08 AM
Sometimes we do not remember the specific day just the loss. Rest in peace Matthew.

jackson07
07-19-06, 10:20 AM
May he keep fighting the fight with Chesty.

JWG
07-19-06, 10:55 AM
You are with me in Spirit, always Matthew!

I know you are up there, guarding the Gates with your fellow Marines. I will meet you someday, my friend.. some day. But until then.. consider my journey to the Corps.. your journey as well..

R.I.P Matthew.. you are with me always.

--

Thank you, Tim, for posting that in Jim's absence. It feels like just yesterday it was today, remembering Matthew. He will be with us always, Tim.

MOTO!

Motivated,

-Jon

It's all for you, Matthew. God Bless.

Lithium
07-19-06, 11:11 AM
Rest in peace Matthew. I did not know you, but I wish I did.

jinelson
07-19-06, 03:01 PM
Thanks Tim for posting and remembering Matt. Matt is gone but he lives on in each of us. Many former Poolees have told me that Matt gave them the inspiration to press on in recruit training and he was their role model. I miss him a lot and hope that his mother and father find the strength to deal with this tragic anniversary. OORAH!!! Matt you are not forgotten.

Semper Fidelis

Jim

Covey_Rider
07-21-06, 08:49 AM
I'm not sure who all was around here and knew Matt, but I do know that me and Jim had a special spot for him inside of our hearts. For those who don't know what happened, the week before he was supposed to ship out for bootcamp and become a Marine he got into a car accident and passed away. He was one of the most motivated poolees on this site and he gave me my very first nickname on here (Jim you know what I'm talking about lol). Don't only remember him but remember his parents...I remember talking to his mother and hearing how grief stricken she was. But yes like Jim said thank you for putting up a post concerning Matt.

christine_06
07-21-06, 01:15 PM
I'll second what you wrote Covey Rider, Matt was very motovated and kept quite a few people on track. He is truely missed and will never be forgotten, Matt has a spot in everyones heart. Rest in Peace Matt, we'll meet you up at the gates.

suehun
07-28-06, 09:46 AM
Yes it has already been 1 year since my Matt passed on. And yes his family gathered at his grave. We put cereal in his bowl and spoke with him for a while. Then we went to lunch. Fortunately for us a new Hooters opened up nearby so we went there because that would have been Matt's choice. We will never forget and thank god there are so many people who got to know Matt who will help us remember. Thank You all.

Susan - Matt's Mom

Wyoming
07-28-06, 10:36 AM
Yes it has already been 1 year since my Matt passed on. And yes his family gathered at his grave. We put cereal in his bowl and spoke with him for a while. Then we went to lunch. Fortunately for us a new Hooters opened up nearby so we went there because that would have been Matt's choice. We will never forget and thank god there are so many people who got to know Matt who will help us remember. Thank You all.

Susan - Matt's Mom

It's a family Susan (if I may call you Susan), it's a family, and family never forgets.:usmc:

JWG
07-28-06, 11:10 AM
Susan,

God Bless you, you raised quite a fine young man. I never got the chance to talk to Matt, but I've heard so many things about him.

Just know.. I'm dedicating my Journey to the Corps to Matt, Ma'am. He will NEVER be forgotten!

I will take him with me to Parris Island, he will be with me in spirit, Ma'am. God Bless you, Matt, and all of his family and friends.

:flag: -Jon :iwo:

christine_06
07-28-06, 11:53 AM
Susan-
I didn't get a chance to talk to Matt very often but when i did and what i learned from him is going to help me get through my journey in boot camp. Just remembering how motovated and encoraging Matt always was will be in my thoughts daily going through boot camp. Matt will never be forgotten and he'll always be with us in spirit. God bless you and your family.
-Christine

Covey_Rider
07-29-06, 01:23 AM
Susan,

I'm not sure if you remember or not but after his passing last year I sent you an email expressing my condolensces. From the sound of things, unlike alot of the other poolees I did get a chance to talk to Matt alot. I talked to him just about every night and as others have said, he is was a very motivated poolee and we all enjoyed his company. Stay strong because we all know that thats what he would want. Hooters was a good choice haha.

Haltensie2mich
08-05-06, 04:09 PM

Susan - Matt's Mom

Matt would have deff. picked Hooters. I remember we went there for his birthday and we made him get up on the chairs and flap his arms like a bird in front of everybody. He hated it but enjoyed it at the same time. I could see him doing it at lunch with ya'll that day. :)