PDA

View Full Version : MOS 4341, Combat Correspondent

teddyn
07-18-06, 11:02 PM
Hi everyone,
Are there any Marines out there that have experience with MOS's related to journalism, such as MOS 4341 Combat Correspondent? What kind of stuff might you do if you're more inexperienced? And what is the procedure/ is it hard to accomplish as an MOS? I'm always fascinated by the journalists from the major networks out there on teh front lines, experiencing everything yet maintaining a certain detachment from the events. Any kind of journalism MOS' seem attractive ...
Well, looking forward to hearing any replies then :D

JWG
07-19-06, 11:11 AM
If this question is pointed toward Marines.. might I suggest posting this in the "Ask a Marine" section?

You'd probably get a better response.

teddyn
07-19-06, 03:30 PM
lol, good idea, will do :)

JWG
07-19-06, 03:35 PM
Moderator(s),

You may want to delete this thread now. It is a re-post, and is now posted by teddyn in the 'Ask-A-Marine' forum.

-Jon

teddyn
07-20-06, 06:05 PM
Hmm, well my thread in 'ask a marine' got deleted instead of this one... I found out that there is an 'active duty' combat correspondent slot in which i'd go to boot camp in November... :S so I'm trying to find out stuff about it!

ggyoung
07-20-06, 07:32 PM
Go for it.

teddyn
07-21-06, 06:41 PM
I might go for it, but I want to find out a bit more about it because a linguist job would also be interesting. Where are correspondents embedded to mostly? What's their training like? What's a 'typical' assignment like...
Perhaps there aren't many 4341's on the site...