PDA

View Full Version : Ptsd? And Re-deployment? No Lesson's Learned!!

redneck13
07-18-06, 01:25 PM
:mad: :evilgrin: :!: There are many "Combat Veteran's" from Iraq and Afghan, that get so many days back stateside for some form of R&R, whom have shown obvious signs of having PTSD. They are being sent back to the same situation, with their superior's maybe/maybe not aware of how this Marine is acting. Some have went to see Shrink's, counselor's, given medication's, then sent "BACK INTO A COMBAT SITUATION?" Hasn't there been any lesson's learned from previous wars, but especially the Vietnam War, that our Marine's, are mentally unstable, that show every symptom, signs, of having PTSD? Why would in all fairness to everyone, would this ever happen? Some have come home just like Nam Vet's, blown their brains out, or killed people, or their own, yet somebody isn't watching out for this? Not unlike Nam Vets, of whom I have known many that have just got to the point where they couldn't handle the thoughts, the world when they were extracted from a combat zone, and in 72hrs., were stateside, it did a "number" on their body, brain, nobody helped, or reached them, thus they ended their suffering. Then, they(our Govt medical people) didn't know. But now? For Goodness sakes, what is wrong here? I have heard some of our so called "liberal" politician's, not murtha, one's with some brains, have spoken about this, even on Fox news. Yet, is there anything that is being done to help these people?, these Marines?, or are they just body's, head count for a certain number? This really alarms me, and at the same time, it makes me so aggravated to think that our Govt hasn't learned one damn thing about what "combat" can do to a person!! It's like there's nobody watching. So, another memorial Wall, or other, will be put up, but, like the NAM Wall, it will lack the one's who died after the fact, which I think is a total disgrace to any and all Veteran's, of all branches, from the effects/affects/ of what was not recognized, dealt with, so this wouldn't happen. Where do they turn? Whom do they turn to? Those whom aren't afraid of being labelled a "cry baby", "non-hacker", and he's/she's a bit, you know?, as some would say. Then if they're diagnosed, in/out of active duty, they can't receive compensation. This to me is absolutely despecable. SF. Carry on you Blessed Maggot's.