PDA

View Full Version : My Nerves (Left-Side)

JWG
07-18-06, 05:35 AM
Ladies and Gentleman,

In the past couple weeks or so, I've been being checked into (many many tests, getting annoying now) by my doctor to see if there is anything seriously wrong or to be of concern about, concerning about the nerves in my left side. In mainly my hand and foot, I *CAN* get a sensation (I can't explain it) when I get up and move from sitting real fast.

The first main list of tests (couple weeks ago) didn't show any tumors or anything serious, but they want me to go see a Neurologist, which is where I'm headed in about an hour from posting this message. The funny thing about my appointment with the Neurologist is that they are giving me a test today, and it requires me to be able to fall asleep for it to be taken.. so I stayed up till about 3am EST and woke up this morning at 6am EST.

Needless to say I'm tired.. but it's no big deal. I was told to report on how it goes when I talk to the Neurologist this afternoon. (12pm EST or so).

I will post another reply when I hear from him this afternoon, AND catch up on some sleep. We'll see. :beer:

Stay Moto for me, ladies and gents! MOTO!!! :flag: :iwo:

Osotogary
07-18-06, 09:07 AM
Geez, JWG, hope that all turns out well for you. Good luck on the tests.
Gary

yellowwing
07-18-06, 09:12 AM
Anyone have experience with acupuncture?

As in being a patient, not volunteering to stick young Jon here.

Phantom Blooper
07-18-06, 09:22 AM
I *CAN* get a sensation

Is it like a cold breeze like you get from eating a Peppermint Patty candy bar? :banana:

No seriously good luck to you! You may need a better chair and wrist support to use for your computer. Good Luck!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

The Sandman
07-18-06, 09:27 AM
Best of luck. Sometimes these things happens. "This too shall pass." You have a long time to get it taken care of so make sure you, yourself, stay moto.

Osotogary
07-18-06, 09:58 AM
What in the world have you been doing with your left hand? Hmmmmm! LOL
All kidding aside, you'd better believe that I wish nothing but the best for you.
By the way, a good friend of mine started having tingling feelings on the top of his head and bottom of his foot. He went to his doctor and the doctor said it was stress related and to take some Aleve. The symptoms went away. I had something like that when my left hand curled up and I couldn't use it for anything. It scared the stuffing out of me. Turns out it was only temporary (3days). It was called Saturday Night Palsey (Drunks falling asleep on park benches) and it was caused by sleeping with my arm over the bed's edge and cutting off circulation and crimping the major nerves running along the underside of the upper arm. Who knows what is causing your syptoms. Best of luck to you.
Gary

kovanfleet
07-18-06, 10:14 AM
good luck man. stay positive.

JWG
07-18-06, 03:43 PM
I have some news... AND IT'S GOOD!

The Neurologist was a very nice lady.. and mainly because she found out what the hell was up.. haha.

It's called Paroxysmal Kinesigenic Dyskinesia... yea big name I know. Here is some info on it, nothing serious at all. Just an annoyance, as I'd hoped.

Paroxysmal dyskinesias are neurologic conditions characterized by sudden episodes of abnormal involuntary movements (hyperkinesias). These may include any combination of involuntary, rapid, randomly irregular jerky movements (chorea); relatively slow, writhing motions that appear to flow into one another (athetosis); increased muscle tone with repetitive, twisting, patterned movements and distorted posturing (dystonia); and uncontrollable flinging movements of an arm, a leg, or both (ballismus). The term paroxysmal indicates that the abnormal movements are sudden and unpredictable, with a relatively rapid return to normal motor function and behavior.
Continued (http://www.mdvu.org/library/disease/dyskinesias/)

There IS medication that is supposed to help it.. but my case is not bad enough. I have a prescription filled out for me if I do decide to have it.

I was sent to a Children's Hospital because it was the quickest date to get in and they had a good Neurology team.. but boy.. how grateful I am that there are such helpful people out there. Really hit home when I saw a burn victim, girl had to be only 6-7 years old. Really bad.. but those staff there, they see right passed that and boy was that kid happier than ever there. Living her life to the fullest.. great to see. My visit to the Children's hospital was a good one.. even more grateful for this great country of ours! MOTO!!

I hope this won't affect my hopes for the Corps? Can medication be allowed for a small "annoyance" case like this?

Just good to know all is OK. MOTO!!! Thanks for the support and replies, all! Much appreciated!

Motivated and GRATEFUL,

-Jon