PDA

View Full Version : Smoking

hunter06
07-17-06, 10:27 PM
I have been smoking cigarettes for about 3 years now. I smoke about a pack to a pack and a half a day. I leave for Parris Island in about 21 days and no matter how hard i try to quit, it just doesn't happen. I was wondering if any Marines that smoked before they left for MCRD could share some experiences on how it was. I really cant imagine not being able to smoke for 3 months. Thanks.

yellowwing
07-17-06, 10:33 PM
It won't be easy, luckily you will be constantly occupied to think too much about it. Be warned, there was a Recruit that swiped a pack of chewing tobacco out of a vehicle out in the field. It turned out to be the Company Commander's vehicle, and he got drummed out right quick with a BCD.

Marine84
07-17-06, 10:44 PM
Won't be a problem - the first few days I was stressed a little and would have.......................well, I wanted one pretty bad but they keep you WAY too busy to think about it. When that DI went through my purse the night I got there, she pulled my cigarettes out and told me that she really didn't think they would be any good by the time I made it off the Island and did I want her to throw them away then or leave them in my purse to go in storage. I told her to chunk them (and I didn't tell her this but,) cause my Dad smoked and I knew I could have a fresh one on graduation day ................if I still wanted one then..............and I did - it took me 3 times of lighting that Camel (with no filter) up and putting it out before I smoked the whole one but...............

Don't worry - it's not going to be THAT bad.