PDA

View Full Version : Pullup Bar

DaveXIII90
07-16-06, 12:27 PM
Hey, I was just hoping to get some useful information on an easy to build pullup bar. I have a bunch of different sized pipes in my garage, I have no problem cutting them however they need to be, I got the equipment for that. Although, I might need some help on placing it. The trees on my property do not have any branches capable of supporting a person. The only type of setup close to being reasonable would be the type I saw in my school gym. It was a regular straight pipe, fastened by two steel "Arms" fastened to a sturdy wooden board. They were fastened by nuts and bolts to the wood, and the wood to the surface of the wall. Now, as easy as this seems, I still need to know the right materials and the right sizes for the items being used. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any information you all provide.

tkmac58
07-16-06, 01:30 PM
Hey, I was just hoping to get some useful information on an easy to build pullup bar. I have a bunch of different sized pipes in my garage, I have no problem cutting them however they need to be, I got the equipment for that. Although, I might need some help on placing it. The trees on my property do not have any branches capable of supporting a person. The only type of setup close to being reasonable would be the type I saw in my school gym. It was a regular straight pipe, fastened by two steel "Arms" fastened to a sturdy wooden board. They were fastened by nuts and bolts to the wood, and the wood to the surface of the wall. Now, as easy as this seems, I still need to know the right materials and the right sizes for the items being used. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any information you all provide.
Dave

I would have to see the layout. Have you thought about wedging a pipe between two trees? Are you a poolie, if so when do you go to boot camp. Give me a shout, I can probably give you some ideas about pullups.

Semper
TKMAC58