View Full Version : Lies catch up with false sergeant major

fontman
07-13-06, 07:45 AM
Lies catch up with false sergeant major <br />
July 13,2006 <br />
Andres R. Martinez, Miriam Ramirez and Mike Roy <br />
The Monitor <br />
<br />
MISSION, Texas - Marine Sgt. Maj. J.C. Ortiz has spent at least the last 15...

CAS3
07-13-06, 08:02 AM
There is a point to be made hear:

This man was a Marine who actually did bring military issues to the forefront. It is really sad he couldn't have done such good deeds as the Marine who only served 3 1/2 years. Now who would actually have believed he was awarded 7 purple hearts?

What do you think his sentence should be?

Afterall, he did not defraud the government. He only misrepresented himself as a Marine. Granted he showed no integrity, honesty and his valor was a charade.

MillRatUSMC
07-13-06, 08:17 AM
Its bad when others do this, but its worst when one of our own claims more than what on his or her DD-214.
If he wanted to do what he claims, he should have done in the uniform of his rank while he was active.

On Jan. 17, Ortiz proudly stood in his official dress blues at the McAllen airport as Army Sgt. Johnny Peralez's body was flown in from Iraq. Veterans from America's Last Patrol and local VFWs reverently surrounded Ortiz there, turning to him for leadership.

"All I wanted to do was help as a service to my country," he said. "I didn't try to get into any military bases and I didn't try to rip off the government."

He must have known he was doing wrong being in the Dress Blues of a Sergeant Major of Marines.
Besides wearing seven Purple Hearts, this is totally un-acceptable...
What should his punishment be?
I think he has punished himself more than we ever could...

diesel44
07-13-06, 01:55 PM
that really sucks, why would someone want to do that? i was shocked when i heard that he was full of it. i live in mission and seen him around heard him speak once. he was really convincing and full of pride and passion when he talked, but some of it just didnt add up. i hope people down here dont think that the rest of us are like that. i've already got some dirty looks today from that, like i said it sucks

fontman
07-15-06, 06:41 AM
Local veterans speak out on imposter <br />
July 15, 2006 <br />
Andres R. Martinez <br />
Monitor Staff Writer <br />
<br />
McALLEN - A combat veteran always knows when there is another one in the same room. <br />
<br />
That's what...

thedrifter
07-16-06, 10:15 AM
Exposing posers <br />
July 16,2006 <br />
Kyle Arnold <br />
Monitor Staff Writer <br />
<br />
Authentic war heroes are rare, but their ranks are swollen by impostors. | Earlier this week, J.C. Ortiz of Mission admitted he...

rwillmarine
07-18-06, 04:50 PM
Its amazing how many people I meet that say they were a marine or they were a sniper or recon or a D.I. what I usually do is have a conversation with them. If they dont know the terminology or where the schools were for that mos ot billett during that era then were done! :marine:

junker316
07-18-06, 06:22 PM
I agree with MillRatUSMC. He punished himself more than any court, person, or organization could ever do. At least he brought issues to the forefront that may have slid to the way side. Even with all that he done wrong he may actually did something right. Now he has to live with himself and the embarassment that he casued himself and those around hm.

Rich1161
07-18-06, 09:06 PM
Well he's not the first nor will he be the last to do something like this. It happens with want to Be's and some who don't even complete recruit training.
I have met a number of them over the years.