PDA

View Full Version : So im not leaving til 28 Aug :(

K8 Mac
07-12-06, 08:03 PM
My recruiter called today and said that for some reason that the girls in my RS had their ship dates moved back. This to me means that mine got moved back to my original date of 28 Aug. I really got my hopes up so as you can imagin this kinda sucks. But at least i still get to go. I guess this means that i have an extra month of getting in shape and getting even mroe ready for bootcamp. Hurry up and wait. Im trying to look on the bright side, but it all seems kinda gloomy. lol. So just thought you all would like to know.
Kait

Mama
07-12-06, 08:15 PM
Don't let it get you down kiddo....you do have that extra month to get used to running....a LOT...

One thing Kaydra has mentioned is she wished she'd run father on a regular basis than she did...She was at 3 miles daily when she left...so maybe push it to 5??? I dunno??? Anyhow, just a tidibit I thought I'd pass on to you...
Don't worry...you'll get that EGA...just not as soon you you'd like ;)

kovanfleet
07-12-06, 09:37 PM
i leave that day also. might see each other marchen around there gettin yelled at haha.

kovanfleet
07-12-06, 09:39 PM
oh wait your going to san diego. my bad, ill be at PI

LittleDevilDog
07-12-06, 09:54 PM
Good attitude.. gives you more time to train. You'll get that EGA in due time.

Stay Moto!

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-12-06, 10:14 PM
Kovan, take a look at K8 Mac's profile. Now, see the person that isn't Yoda? That is K8, and would be the reason she said all the girls at her RS at their shipdates moved back. So, rest assured she'll be at PI. I don't doubt the ability of K8, but I don't think the Marine Corps wants to make her a test case and send her through with all males.

kovanfleet
07-12-06, 11:24 PM
oh i thought they trained females on san diego too, back to my original post than LOL. Wow that is one hell of a distance to travle from Cali to SC.

AmyG
07-12-06, 11:29 PM
K8! Same thing happened here in IN. My date got moved back to 28 August, also. It is sorta bittersweet. My recruiter asked me, "So, would you like to move your date back a month, say, like the 28th of August?" I replied, "No, do I have to?" He's like, "Well...so you're not volunteering to leave later?" And I say, "Course not, I been countin' down." And he says I have to, and that's the end of that. He did say that 7 Aug is pending, but I'll probably not leave till the 28th. *sigh* Well, life ain't life without it's ups and downs, right? lol. See ya then! Only 47 days!!

K8 Mac
07-13-06, 12:34 AM
lol wanna hear something funny Amy, i might leave 7 Aug to do a buddy program with a friend but like you said it is pending. Glad to hear i am not the only one set back. I pretty much had the same talk with my recruiter. He said "i tried but there is nothing i can do you have to wait." And so of course i said "ok more time to get ready i guess" lol. See you there Amy. We will get it eventually.

K8 Mac
07-13-06, 12:37 AM
and yeah Kovan i am a girl and i will be going to PI just like the rest of the girls. I would love to go to SD but like Echo said, i dont think i am going to be the next G.I. Jane. lol.

ribbons16
07-13-06, 06:58 AM
Now to go on with the irony.... I got pushed back to August 7th my original shipdate. The only way I can ship July 24th is if the girl in my pool who is shipping that date doesn't make the weight. So I guess were all experiencing the same thing. It's funny though because I go from being able to ship early to going to ship later. It's all good though, it is all for the best.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-13-06, 09:52 AM
I don't know why they would be pushing shid dates for women back across the country, unless there are simply more women enlisting than they had expected. And, if that is the case it makes me happy. Anytime there are more people trying to get in the Marine Corps its a good thing. And, about 90% of the female Marines I came in contact with were squared away and harder workers than the males next to them, so its probably good for the Corps to have more women joining the ranks.

K8 Mac
07-13-06, 12:54 PM
I completely agree Echo Four Bravo! lol. More women joining is what i am being told is what is happening. I am willing to wait especially for a reason such as those. I just have more time to get things done.

quillhill
07-13-06, 02:33 PM
Gotta love these hard chargers that are bummed about having their ship dates pushed back. These young women are the type who should be Marines. <br />
Kait, I know it's disappointing, but you'll hit those...

K8 Mac
07-17-06, 03:55 PM
OK so Yet another update. I am leaving 14 Aug. I think......lol. Things are pretty much mixed up right now. Pretty much i leave when i get a phone call telling me that it is time for me to leave. lol. But yet again, i will keep you up dated. Take care all!
Kait

wmshell4
07-17-06, 04:28 PM
I think it's interesting that you girls want to go to bootcamp. Just hang in there and train hard...you'll get there. Also, keep a diary of what you go through. You'll be glad you did once your done. Just to keep the memory alive. Good luck, Michelle

His_angel
07-17-06, 05:39 PM
Running. Pushups. Running and pushups. No matter how much running or pushups you do before you get to boot you'll probably still feel like it wasn't enough once you get there. Oh, and did I mention running and pushups?

Angel

vickymarine11
07-18-06, 01:41 PM
Something you'll have to know how to do really well in bootcamp is your hair. It has to be perfect. If you have some extra time I'd practice putting it up in a bun and make sure that none of the bobby pins and bands can be seen. By the end of training, you should be a pro at it, but it never helps to start practicing. You will pay if your hair is a mess in training. Just some advice from someone who just graduated. If you go to Oscar Company know that you are in the toughest training company for females. Best of Luck

wmshell4
07-18-06, 02:15 PM
Hey girls, about the hair thing...if you have to put your hair up....try a long tube sock...You take the toe of the sock and cut a cross in the toe. From there you roll the sock in towards the band-all the way. Now the sock looks like a donut. Put your hair up in a pony tail, place the rolled up sock on over the hair tye, bend your head down where your remaining hair covers the sock. Do you follow? Now take a tighter hair tye, cover the sock with your hair, place the hair tye over your hair down to where it makes your hair now look like a donut....thus hair up no bands show. If your hair is still around the bun....then twist your hair up under the bun around using bobby pins and secure (pin down) the excess hair up under the bun, you could now have 2 or more rolls depending upon the length of your hair. Make sure no pins or bands show....she's right and also make sure it will stay up through all the physical training, the DI's get angry if you have to stop and put your hair up, again. I personally did not know the information I just gave you'll, so fairies cut my hair one night in the head (bathroom)...don't ask!

K8 Mac
07-18-06, 02:33 PM
Something you'll have to know how to do really well in bootcamp is your hair. It has to be perfect. If you have some extra time I'd practice putting it up in a bun and make sure that none of the bobby pins and bands can be seen. By the end of training, you should be a pro at it, but it never helps to start practicing. You will pay if your hair is a mess in training. Just some advice from someone who just graduated. If you go to Oscar Company know that you are in the toughest training company for females. Best of Luck

I use to have long hair (like in my picture) but i cut it off so that i wouldnt have to deal with it in Bootcamp. I miss it like heck but i know it will be better for me. lol. And it can grow back later. So i wont have to worry about the bun pro. But i was in ROTC for four years with long hair so even if i know what you mean about being a pro. Thanks for the advice.
Kait