PDA

View Full Version : New Situation

Lithium
07-11-06, 10:53 PM
I just got a new situation thrown at me. I am not moving, but I am moving back to the public schools. If all my credits transfer from my previous catholic high school, then I will be set to graduate a semester early. Seeing that I only need 2 credits to graduate, I will also be allowed to take half-days the entire semester that I spend their, due to a "work study" program. (NEATO) :)

Anyways to get on topic, I just wanted to let you all know that I might be leaving sometime this coming January instead of next June. I am SO pumped. :banana:

Sorry I had to tell someone! :cool:

outlaw3179
07-11-06, 11:37 PM
Good sh*t poolee! Keep it up !

yellowwing
07-12-06, 12:13 AM
What's available for Work Study? Good to hear Lithium!

kovanfleet
07-12-06, 12:15 AM
wow cool wish my senior year ended up like that. stay moto.

Brooklyn
07-12-06, 06:51 AM
I just got a new situation thrown at me. I am not moving, but I am moving back to the public schools. If all my credits transfer from my previous catholic high school, then I will be set to graduate a semester early. Seeing that I only need 2 credits to graduate, I will also be allowed to take half-days the entire semester that I spend their, due to a "work study" program. (NEATO) :)

Anyways to get on topic, I just wanted to let you all know that I might be leaving sometime this coming January instead of next June. I am SO pumped. :banana:

Sorry I had to tell someone! :cool:

I'm planning to leave in Jan. too, after the fall semester. ( trying to get 15 college credit hours for advanced rank )

Covey_Rider
07-12-06, 08:40 AM
Congradulations, I know how that feels when you get that nice surprise of being able to graduate early haha. It feels pretty good. Good luck when you hit the footprints. Only 2 months left before I get to. Have fun and like Brooklyn said, try and get 15 college credit hours...I didn't know that they would give an advanced paygrade for that but if they do then why not take advantage of it. Keep up the motivation.

LittleDevilDog
07-12-06, 09:19 AM
Seems like their is big sense of the month of January on this message board! Motivating!

You guys shipping out on the month of my birthday, tell me it's not the 3rd, that would be too much! :D

Good luck you two!

kovanfleet
07-12-06, 09:56 AM
all you need is 12 college credit hours.

Marine84
07-12-06, 10:18 AM
You used to even be able to get PFC out of bootcamp with ROTC in high school too.

quillhill
07-12-06, 02:25 PM
So, two credits, that's what...four classes? OK, I'll be honest, my initial thought was, "No, don't graduate early!" But, you may turn 18 between now and the time you leave for boot...I could have graduated early, but I turned 17 at the start of my senior year of high school, so I kind of felt that if I was going anywhere early I'd still be a minor and would still have to answer to my mom.
But, your situation is quite different. Once you hit the footprints, you won't have to worry about answering to mom in the same way I did since I was going to college after graduation.
And, it's awesome that you have the opportunity to graduate early and get to boot camp sooner rather than later. Opportunities like this present themselves for a reason and it seems like you should grab it and run with it...who knows where it may lead you!

Lithium
07-12-06, 06:55 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement!!! I also just found out that I locked in my job for the new fiscal year. 03XX all the way!

Referring to Yellowing's previous post, the work study program is basically a program where you can get out of school (half days) and go to work. The only requirements for my high school is that I have a minimum of 20 hours a week of work, and seeing as I already have a job that was and will be giving me 40 hours during the school week, this should be easy.

Im not really worried about getting advanced rank at the moment. My number one concern is making sure I am in shape for MCRD. I am trying to get the required two referrals for promotion.

Mama
07-12-06, 08:16 PM
That's awesome!!~! Congratulations!!

Covey_Rider
07-14-06, 08:21 AM
You still can get PFC for JROTC. You just have to be in for a certain amount of time or acquire a certain rank. I made E3 in my navy JROTC unit and I'll be a PFC right out of boot camp. I've also recruited two people into the Marines so instead of giving me an advanced paygrade for it because they won't give it to you, they're tossing me a free set of dress blues. It all works out in the end.

yellowwing
07-14-06, 09:03 AM
so instead of giving me an advanced paygrade for it because they won't give it to you, they're tossing me a free set of dress blues.
Oohhh, for 13 weeks you will pay for every stitch and button! :D

JWG
07-14-06, 10:13 AM
Oohhh, for 13 weeks you will pay for every stitch and button! :D

..and there's a lot of buttons! :banana: