Sunshine
07-09-06, 08:35 PM
My name is Marnie Mowles. I am the proud wife of a USMC 100% Total &
Permanent disabled combat Viet nam Veteran. He served two tours in
Nam with the 1/9, also known as ,"The Walking Dead."

I would like to thank the Military men and women that have served
and that are serving for my freedom and all you have done and are
still doing for our country. I am forever grateful and you will
never be forgotten by me. I consider you all my HEROES !!!

I always make it a point to thank a Veteran and tell them how
grateful I am for my freedom . Thanks to you all I am able to type
this letter.

I consider it an honor to tell people I am married to a USMC
Vietnam Veteran. We have a 20 year age difference and he has been
my rock for 12 years.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you that have served and
are still serving in the Military for my freedom and all you've
done and are still doing for our country.

I know you all have sacrificed so much for me and our country .
Words will never be able to tell you all how grateful I am.

I know I have taken a lot for granted but I started thinking just
how lucky I am to have my freedom thanks to you all.

Please know that you will never be forgotten by me.

I told my husband if he should die before me I am going to dedicate
my life to our Military men and women.

I want to be able to give each and everyone of you a hug and bring
happiness to your lives.

Since I am not able to hug each and everyone of you , please
accept a cyber hug from me and know you are my HEROES !!!

In all sincerity , I can honestly say , "I love you."

God Bless each and everyone of you.

Forever Grateful,
Marnie Mowles

CAS3
07-09-06, 08:38 PM
Welcome to Leatherneck
Ma'am I think I saw a right up about you in the Fredricksburg free lance star. I think it was about the hats? Am I right?

Colleen

Sunshine
07-09-06, 09:30 PM
Welcome to Leatherneck
Ma'am I think I saw a right up about you in the Fredricksburg free lance star. I think it was about the hats? Am I right?

Colleen

Dear Ma'am,
I honestly do not know how hats got in the Fredicksburg free lance star. I do knit them and I have been taking a break but have just started back up. This letter came from my heart and I mean everyword of it.

redneck13
07-10-06, 03:44 PM
:usmc: :flag: This Marine wants to thank you from my heart too, that you are whom you are, for the kindess words, words that soak in, deep into the soul's of every Veteran whom might and should read this you've said. It's not very often you find someone, Veteran Wife, nor Most American's, that will take the time to say thank you. This Memorial Day past, not even my two Children said, "Thanks Dad." It sort of hurt. But in today's society, Veteran's are not high priority to some extent because of how each of us struggle day to day to make end's meet. But, if we'd stop and think that our struggle to make end's meet came from a Veteran, Alive or Gone, some might be more enclined, more reseptive, more enthusiastic, to honor all Veterans.
I'm very happy your Husband, God Bless Him, has a wife like you. I have a fear as a Vietnam Veteran, who's wife walked out on him after 38 yrs., will now die alone, in some Veteran's Nursing home, without ever knowing the Love of another Woman in my life. It becomes almost unbearable.
Again, Ma'am, thank you, from one greatful Veteran. SF to you Both, May God's peace and happiness, always be with you. Wind.

marinegreen
07-10-06, 04:17 PM
Ms. Marnie, they say angels dont exsist but you proved that theory wrong. To stand by your spouse with his condition says alot, you just dont find that in todays world that often.We are honored to have you on this site and I salute you Marine WIFE. SF

Camper51
07-10-06, 04:29 PM
To hear those words from you, Mrs. Mowles. My wife is also very supportive of not only myself, but also of my Marine Corps. She doesn't understand all the why's and wheretofore's yet, but she does accept the fact that when I meet up with another Marine for the first time we are gonna have a chat and it may not be a short one. It takes a special person to understand these things, and you are one of those "special persons"

God Bless You, and thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

GySgtRet
07-10-06, 07:29 PM
And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking care of and caring so much for all of us. I have made four visits to Bethesda. It started last fall when a very courageous young LCpl Shawn Seeley and his unit in Ramadi Iraq had several IEDs blowup near their convoy. I had a wild idea that I should go thank that young Marine for his sacrifice. I did that 3 times. I went to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. Well, time has gotten the best of me and I did it again this pat Saturday. I spent about 8 hours walking around and at random just speaking at the young Marines and Corpsman. You know what...??? They thank me...!!! Especially when they know that I am a retired Gunny. I can't get over the gratitude that I feel within myself when I go to visit. Such a small action on my part has a good effect I hope on these young Americans.

MillRatUSMC
07-10-06, 08:05 PM
Mrs. Mowles,
Your words are heart warming to this old Vietnam Veteran...I was not a member of the 9th Marines in Vietnam.
But my first duty station after boot camp and ITR was with Lima 3rd Bn 9th Marines on Okinawa the year was 1958.
My service in Vietnam was with India 3rd Bn 4th Marines and Golf 2nd Bn 1st Marines.
We recieved nothing on returning, so now your words ring like something we wished would have been said then...
May God bless you and my fellow Marine brother...

junker316
07-10-06, 08:10 PM
Dear Marnie

Thank you. Welcome to our humble site.

JAMarine
07-10-06, 11:50 PM
You're always welcome here. Marnie Mowles you've proven to be one of us. Thanks for all you do.

rich

Sunshine
07-11-06, 12:59 AM
Thank You for your kind words.
Thank You for what you are and for what you were.
Thank You for giving a part of your life to me and my Country.
Thank You for your unselfishness.
Thank You for being You.

I will not forget you and your kind.