PDA

View Full Version : Drill team

semperfi05m
07-09-06, 06:51 PM
I was just wondering what i have to do to get into the silent drill team in the marines. I am leaving for boot in about a month and i would really like to be part of the team. I have heard that there is a height requirement along with alot of other things. What do I have to do?

Sixguns
07-09-06, 06:58 PM
You can be screened for this at recruit training. Generally, Marines with infantry guarantees who meet the criteria will be interviewed. There is a height requirement as well as a lengthy background investigaton to qualify. Seeing as the SDP is already in the midst of Parade season, there may not be a requirement to screen potential candidates. You may want to check the 8th and I web site to see if they give any further details about screening.

LittleDevilDog
07-09-06, 07:08 PM
I was just wondering what i have to do to get into the silent drill team in the marines. I am leaving for boot in about a month and i would really like to be part of the team. I have heard that there is a height requirement along with alot of other things. What do I have to do?

Please also don't forget to capitalize Marines. Good luck on your endeavors!

semperfi05m
07-09-06, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the help and motivation. Ill check out that web.

semperfi05m
07-09-06, 10:35 PM
I went to 8th and I website and I couldn't find any information. I've been searching the internet and I still haven't found any results. Does anybody else have any other suggestions?

LittleDevilDog
07-10-06, 07:47 AM
Your best bet would be to go talk to your local Recruiter. They would probably be your best bet at findng the heigh requirements.

Some more information:

These Marines are individually selected from the Schools of Infantry located in Camp Pendleton, CA and Camp Lejeune, NC from interviews conducted by Barracks personnel. Once selected, Marines are assigned to Marine Barracks, Washington, D.C. to serve a 2-year ceremonial tour. Beyond their ceremonial duties, the Marines collaterally train in the field as infantrymen. Throughout the year, these Marines hone their infantry skills at the Marine Corps Combat Development Command in Quantico, VA and other bases.

Good luck in your journey, just remember, worry about becoming a Marine first.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-10-06, 01:07 PM
When you get to SOI they will talk to you if you meet the requirements. If you don't, there isn't anything you can do about it. For everything to look like it is supposed to look, they have to be very strict about who gets a chance to try.