PDA

View Full Version : Using others names

Pialphamu
07-09-06, 06:28 PM
I was just wondering what you all thought about this subject. I would think that a person who is a "friend" of a Marine or "family" of a Marine should make their own member name rather than using the name of some one who has earned the title. I know they love their Marines, but posting as the Marine themselves seems wrong. The memberships are free so why not just go as yourself? I know I am knew to this site but it seems confusing when you think you are talking to a fellow Marine then find out that they never earned the title. Isn't it deciving? It is offensive to me that's all. If you didn't earn it...don't use it. Get your own. I thought that was why they had rules. :mad:

Pialphamu
07-09-06, 06:40 PM
It may be policy but it seems to be.

criggleman
07-09-06, 07:21 PM
What?????

redneck13
07-09-06, 07:35 PM
:D :banana: :flag: Uh, Darlin'?, could you be a bit more specific and clear as to what you're trying to say? WE then could maybe all understand somewhat better, and help you with the answer. Don't take offense at the use of the "Darlin' " it's southern charm, and proper. SF

Pialphamu
07-09-06, 07:57 PM
Don't take offense at the use of the "Darlin' " it's southern charm, and proper. SF
I have no doubt that that you can be charming! LOL;)

Osotogary
07-09-06, 09:23 PM
"..when you think you are talking to a fellow Marine then find out that they never earned the title."

I can see how you would feel that way, Pialphamu, after all this is a Marine Corps Community for USMC Veterans website. I would imagine that if you only wanted to communicate with Marines you could always check the profile of each member you wish converse with and then take it from there. I think there is also is an Ask a Marine in the Poolie Section that is just for Marines and Poolies. I might be barking up the wrong tree but I believe that this is where you had a concern.
Gary

ssgtt32
07-10-06, 05:39 PM
Pialphamu, my sisters screen name is ssgt32sis, as there is no avatar for Marine Family, she used a combination of my screen name to let everyone know that she is a family member, and my sister! she tells me repeadtly that she will never pass herself off as a Marine, if she does i would have a piece of her before the key board of her computer gets cold! any questions feel free to PM/Email me!

S/F
Maurice

ssgtt32
07-10-06, 05:48 PM
Just checked my sisters profile, will have everything squared away soonest!

S/F
Maurice

His_angel
07-10-06, 06:45 PM
Pam,

I believe I know to whom you are referring. There is "an exception to the rule" here. Not my place to get into it. Guess most just don't like to draw attention to that "exception."

Angel