PDA

View Full Version : Navy corpsman during Vietnam Busted for Wearing a Peace T-Shirt

10thzodiac
07-09-06, 04:32 PM
July 1 - 2, 2006 <br />
<br />
Getting Busted for Wearing a Peace T-Shirt <br />
<br />
By MIKE FERNER <br />
Yesterday afternoon, drinking a cup of coffee while sitting in the Jesse Brown V.A. Medical Center on Chicago's...

marinegreen
07-09-06, 04:37 PM
what The Fuq !!!

TMM54
07-09-06, 07:13 PM
I hope that everyone is outraged about this treatment of one of the guys that protected us and risked their lives in Vietnam, for us. I risked mine so we collectively could say anything that we want, short of harming someone,
and this Navy veteran earned the right to wear anything that he so desires.
The only way we can protect our rights is to continually demand that our rights be protected, and this idiotic arrest of one of our own demands that we collectively do something to force the VA to change what they are doing.
Let's all go tomorrow to the VA wearing similar T-shirts. Let them arrest all of us, and see what happens then. It is easy to write your Senator, and they listen. Senator James Inhofe (Oklahoma) is on the Armed Services
Committee and he is a very staunch supporter of veterans. Write him, and ask him to help. My letter to him is on the way. Semper Fi, Tom

troop901
07-09-06, 07:37 PM
I am sure there is another side to this story, something just doesnt seem to fit here. Oh, its that he was arrested just because he was wearin a t-shirt thing. I dont buy it, but thats just me.
SF

booksbenji
07-09-06, 07:47 PM
i have found it the best backup to list the source of all news stories that's their's no ?'s:thumbup: Pls list the source of this news story :thumbup:

This does not sound like the VA's in TEXAS that I have visited.

troop901
07-09-06, 07:51 PM
What do you mean, there in no confirmin story to this source, no way LMAO and amen bro.
SF

marinefamily5
07-09-06, 07:52 PM
I agree with you troop there has to be more to the story..........see your from South Webster, Ohio. I'm in Chillicothe.

10thzodiac
07-09-06, 08:41 PM
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/07/06/1349239

Phantom Blooper
07-09-06, 08:42 PM
&lt;TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=585 border=0&gt;&lt;TBODY&gt;&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD vAlign=top width=422&gt;&lt;TABLE&gt;&lt;TBODY&gt;&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD vAlign=top&gt; <br />
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/07/06/1349239 <br />
<br />
Thursday,...

troop901
07-09-06, 08:52 PM
This is only one side of the story. One that I have heard hundreds of times. The big ol bad law usurping the rights of the innocent, give me a break, its called propraganda, sheesh.
I have found nothing to show that anyone was arrested in Chicago for wearing a T-shirt, maybe thats a govt. cover up to?
SF

CAS3
07-09-06, 08:53 PM
SO HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR HEALTH CARE?

Obviously he was there protesting as he stated above:

"And I’m from Toledo, and I came to Chicago to participate in the final week of the month-long walk that Voices for Creative Non-Violence was doing from Springfield to the Great Lakes Navy Base, the processing facility, they call it there, for new recruits. "

HE WAS TRESSPASSING ON FEDERAL PROPERY.

Phantom Blooper
07-09-06, 08:57 PM
I agree Troop,I'm just showing source.

troop901
07-09-06, 08:58 PM
Finally a voice of reason, but ya know, they will say you just a govt person lol. I got arrested yesterday fer wearing a t-shirt that said, mcdonalds while in burger king lmao. Yer still my woman bannana lady lol.
SF
Brad

troop901
07-09-06, 09:02 PM
Sir, it was meant for those who actually believe this BS Blooper. Besides, u outrank me lol. And yes, I read the source earlier, once again, it reeks, sumfin just dont smell right and no, I did not step in dog crap, well, yes I did but I hosed it off so I know this smell.
SF

10thzodiac
07-09-06, 09:14 PM
I was on a Jury in Chicago in the late '70's, seven communist were on trial for trespassing inside the Tribune newspaper building. Six young women and a young man. My fellow jurors found them guilty...

troop901
07-09-06, 09:22 PM
What da hell does that have to do with this? When was he arrested? Still cant find anything on it.

10thzodiac
07-09-06, 09:53 PM
What da hell does that have to do with this?

If this is for me, I originally started this thread and was taken in by it and just wanted to clear the air in the post that proceeds yours, which leads me to think... what da hell does that have to do with this? If I'm mistaken again, please disregard this post...

SF

Mama
07-09-06, 10:05 PM
After researching a bit on this guy, it seems it's a pattern of behavior for him. He deliberately provokes an officer to arrest him and then gets on the &quot;free speech&quot; bandwagon... <br />
<br />
Also note this...

10thzodiac
07-09-06, 10:18 PM
Mike Ferner is giving peace a bad name with this counterproductive deceptive sh*t! <br />
<br />
10thZodiac

troop901
07-09-06, 10:23 PM
He has been arrested 4 times for felonies, not misdemeoners, a felon. He got fired, hmmm, yeah, just as I said, wait till ya hear the other side of the story.

10thzodiac
07-09-06, 10:32 PM
He has been arrested 4 times for felonies, not misdemeoners, a felon. He got fired, hmmm, yeah, just as I said, wait till ya hear the other side of the story.

Hear you 5x5

Rodger that and out! :thumbup: