PDA

View Full Version : Moving back home

Poskew
07-09-06, 04:20 PM
I move out of my apartment the 24th of this month and dont ship until September 5th. I will be moving from NC to Alabama and am wondering what I should do come ship time? Should I go back to NC to stay in the hotel or just leave from Alabama to basic? If anybody knows of people in this situation or have been in this situation yourself let me know what I should do. Also I want to move my ship date back a month or so to be in better shape before I leave. I've had an ankle injury that has set me back a month of running and has limited my workouts for up to a month. My upper body strength still isn't where I want it to be. I know if I push the date about a month further I should be where I need to be able to pass the IST. Anybodies input would be great.

LittleDevilDog
07-09-06, 04:54 PM
I'll leave all the technical advice for the experts, but to Basic? I thought you were wanting to be a Marine, not a Army man.

Good luck at Bootcamp!

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-09-06, 07:17 PM
There is only one answer I can give, and you need to do it quickly. CALL YOUR RECRUITER! He needs to know you're moving out of state. He needs to know if you are wanting to change your ship date (remember, you may lost your MOS gurantee over that), and he is the one you would need to talk to to set up going through MEPS in a new state.

Good luck at bootcamp, which is the same thing as basic training in my mind. I still don't know when it became bad to use that term... but I'm trying to break myself of it.

Poskew
07-09-06, 08:39 PM
I preciate it