PDA

View Full Version : A Call To Arms !

NamGrunt68
12-26-02, 02:38 PM
Well, many of you in here know me, and some don't. Some don't cotton much to me, some do. Bottom line we are all Marines and I am looking for some help. Please read the below letter from a bro o mine. He and I are trying to do what we can to support our troops. If you believe in the effort, please forward to as many Marines and sites as you can. I hope to see you there !!

HEAR YE! HEAR YE! A CALL TO ARMS!

Uncle Sam Wants YOU is something most of us remember. Many of us answered the call. There are literally millions upon millions of living war veterans who selflessly defended freedom and America and our families and fellow countrymen.

Over thirty years ago, the defenders of a free world fought a new kind of war. It was a war without a front, a war without a demonstrable support for its heroic fighters, but with a ferocious enemy back home capturing the media, college campuses, the entertainment industry, many of our own elected representatives, and the attention of the leaders of a militarily soundly defeated North Vietnamese Army and its communist allies, to whom said enemy back home, the radical left, gave aid and abetment.

All of the veterans of that conflict remember the vitriolic welcome home, and the discrimination against them, and the name calling and vile shunning from much of the very people they fought so bravely for. NEVER AGAIN!

United States Marine Corps combat veterans of the Vietnam War have initiated an offensive; a war, if you will, against the stance and arrogance of the leftist radical movement. These vile traitors, sympathetic to the enemies of this nation have again, after thirty years, risen their ugly heads, Phoenix-like, to aid and abet our enemies. As before, they are demonstrating, trying to present, with the help of the liberal media, a false impression to the citizens and politicians of America, and the world, of a popular opposition to the United States defending itself and waging war upon those bent upon its destruction.

This is YOUR finest hour. Uncle Sam NEEDS you. Your arms are your willingness to help show the world the radical left is not going to be given the sole position of presenting the only voice of the will and wishes of our people; a false and noisy minority is all they are and ever have been.

Your call is to plan to join up with these Marines, and other patriotic Americans, and proceed to Washington, DC to be a needed member of our Righteous Demonstration against that of the leftist anti-war protestors. Noted media representative of the right have been notified we will be there to present and voice what we believe is still the position of the vast majority of Americans.

Time is very short. You may have to make a sacrifice of your time, travel expense, and the comfort of your home in front of the television on which you will be seeing the left once again doing their thing. Please, PLEASE, do not allow them to do it unopposed. YOU are needed!

The leftist demonstration will begin with a gathering on the west side of the White House, and will proceed to the U.S. Navy Yards about four miles to the southeast. You should simply request information, or any questions you may have about anything back to the source of this letter having been e-mailed or sent to you. This letter ... this PLEA for 'militia' members in a fight against those bent upon the destruction of our country and way of life ... is being sent to many, many places. The total distribution will be unknown to anyone.

Because of that, none of us could know the magnitude of participation.

It IS known, however, that the United States Marine Vietnam combat veteran who wrote this letter, will, if necessary, stand for his nation, our loved ones, our way of life, and THE TRUTH, along with a small band of his brothers, ALONE AGAIN, if need be, in Washington DC, at 0900 at the Brothers of Nam statue near The Wall, January 18, 2003.

Semper Fidelis, Joel Charles Kernodle
pointmanherc@ameritech.net

And the members of MOVE-OUT! (Marines & Other Veterans Engaging Outrageous Un-American Traitors!)

OR YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECT WITH COMMENTS/QUESTONS AT:
1stbn27@itsjustanamthing.com

firstsgtmike
12-26-02, 03:46 PM
Dane,

I can't. It's too far from the Philippines. But my brother, also a Marine, WILL be there.

I paid his freight, so I'm entitled to kick his ass, if he arrives late.

The odd thing is, what it cost ME. Cigarettes @ $0.16 a pack, beer @$0.17 each, $2.00 for six miles in a taxi, a live-in maid is @25.00 per month, etc.

The cause is just. The price is a joke. Let's rock and roll.

NamGrunt68
12-26-02, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by firstsgtmike
Dane,

I can't. It's too far from the Philippines. But my brother, also a Marine, WILL be there.

I paid his freight, so I'm entitled to kick his ass, if he arrives late.

The odd thing is, what it cost ME. Cigarettes @ $0.16 a pack, beer @$0.17 each, $2.00 for six miles in a taxi, a live-in maid is @25.00 per month, etc.

The cause is just. The price is a joke. Let's rock and roll.

Thanks bro I appreciate it....we know you will be there in spirit !! Now how bout sending me 100 packs o ciggies, a few cases o beah, and one o them live in maids........25years old preferably !!!! LOL.....thanks again Marine !! I'll be looking fer ya brother !!!

firstsgtmike
12-26-02, 05:55 PM
Dane,

Got a problem. I don't know where the rest of them go, but the maids I've seen/have/had (totally job related) were between the ages of 16 and 21.

I'll see if I can find one, (friends, neighbors, referrals) that is 25.

Shows to go ya, you can't please all of the people all of the time. Let a guy suck on mother's milk and he's ****ed off because she didn't offer him any cookies.

NamGrunt68
12-26-02, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by firstsgtmike
Dane,

Got a problem. I don't know where the rest of them go, but the maids I've seen/have/had (totally job related) were between the ages of 16 and 21.

I'll see if I can find one, (friends, neighbors, referrals) that is 25.

Shows to go ya, you can't please all of the people all of the time. Let a guy suck on mother's milk and he's ****ed off because she didn't offer him any cookies.

Ya done a damn fine job there of coverin yer six with that
(totally job related) line there Top !!! I guess thats why yer a Top !!! LMAO....

USMC0311
12-26-02, 06:22 PM
These Protesting muthers are organized..a whole friggin site dedicated to *****in about the inequities of life. Where is my rose colored bubble when I need it.

http://www.protest.net/day.cgi?limit=25&state_values=ADMISSION_INFO
this is the Protesters schedule and info site

Here is sum Hippy **** from the 60's
http://www.artsandmusicpa.com/popculture/hipcalend.htm
"hell no they won't go" no **** they all ****ed up on dope

Good Luck Dane and the Rest of you Patriots. I will be gearing up for the next go-round.

NamGrunt68
12-27-02, 04:53 AM
Thanks JoeT....hang in there bro and when I get the money I'm gonna send you an emergency Chute!!! I sure hope we get a good showin against these Protestors.....I know you'll be there in Spirit....The Marine Corps Type !!!

echovet
12-27-02, 08:39 AM
Jan. 18th...0900.......Stand up for FREEDOM.......Uniform of the Day
......just the clothes on your back.........

..Patriotism is always the "Right thing to do'.

ecomsg68
12-27-02, 12:59 PM
Ron Kovic is a Vietnam Veteran, former Marine Corps Sergeant and author of Born on the 4th of July. Mr. Kovic along with Oliver Stone was the co-screenwriter of the film BORN ON THE 4th of JULY released in December 1989. This Academy Award winning motion picture starring Tom Cruise is based on the life of Ron Kovic.

Mr. Kovic served 2 tours of duty during the Vietnam War. He was paralyzed from his chest down in combat in Vietnam on January 20, 1968. He has been paralyzed and in a wheel chair ever since. Mr. Kovic now lives and works in Redondo Beach, Ca.

Mr. Kovic contributed this letter to the American People to the MY HERO web site on Sept. 14, 2001.

Dear Friends,

My heart and soul weeps with everyone in America right now. I was deeply saddened by the terrible tragedy that occurred on Sept. 11, 2001. I didn't sleep much again last night, as it's been for me, and I'm sure so many others since Tuesday. I wonder if we will ever sleep "normally" again? I have thought about it a lot and I am deeply disheartened by the blind patriotism, hatred and desire for revenge that I see growing more and more in this country each day. Resorting to violence and warfare is a great mistake. The painful anguish resulting from this senseless act of violence stirs in all of us a desire for swift retribution. I strongly believe that to move in this direction will lead us into a terrible and disastrous war which we, as a people and a nation, may never recover from. It is a dark and dangerous time in America, and I, in good conscience, will never support such an act of madness! We seem to have learned nothing from Vietnam, and those of us who have come to understand through great suffering the awful waste and deep immorality of war, are not being listened to. Those of us who have found that love and forgiveness are more powerful than hatred are not being heard. We remain invisible, isolated and alone, voices in the wilderness in a country that has truly gone mad. I encourage all of you to raise your voices on behalf of peace and non-violence everywhere. I love this country so much that I don't want to see it go through the senselessness and agony of war ever again.

With love and a sincere hope for peace!

Ron Kovic

http://myhero.com/hero.asp?hero=kovic

jmorawe
12-27-02, 01:54 PM
I would love to be there on the 18th, but my wife is having our first child in January(hopefully Another Marine to report for Duty). I will be ther in spirit with you guys. Semper Fi 0311/8151 1987-1991

arzach
12-27-02, 05:32 PM
I strongly believe that to move in this direction will lead us into a terrible and disastrous war which we, as a people and a nation, may never recover from. --Quote from ron kovic

Well ron, mebbe we won't have to worry 'bout none of that. Once you and people who think like you let the camel-jockeys come over here and do as they wish. What makes people like you think throwing 'rose petals' at these clowns is gonna make them quit?

LARS, I'd like to know why you chose to post that kovic letter on this thread--PM? mebbe an e-mail?

USMC0311
12-27-02, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ecomsg68
Ron Kovic is a Vietnam Veteran, former Marine Corps Sergeant and author of Born on the 4th of July. Mr. Kovic along with Oliver Stone was the co-screenwriter of the film BORN ON THE 4th of JULY released in December 1989. This Academy Award winning motion picture starring Tom Cruise is based on the life of Ron Kovic.

Mr. Kovic served 2 tours of duty during the Vietnam War. He was paralyzed from his chest down in combat in Vietnam on January 20, 1968. He has been paralyzed and in a wheel chair ever since. Mr. Kovic now lives and works in Redondo Beach, Ca.

Mr. Kovic contributed this letter to the American People to the MY HERO web site on Sept. 14, 2001.

Dear Friends,

My heart and soul weeps with everyone in America right now. I was deeply saddened by the terrible tragedy that occurred on Sept. 11, 2001. I didn't sleep much again last night, as it's been for me, and I'm sure so many others since Tuesday. I wonder if we will ever sleep "normally" again? I have thought about it a lot and I am deeply disheartened by the blind patriotism, hatred and desire for revenge that I see growing more and more in this country each day. Resorting to violence and warfare is a great mistake. The painful anguish resulting from this senseless act of violence stirs in all of us a desire for swift retribution. I strongly believe that to move in this direction will lead us into a terrible and disastrous war which we, as a people and a nation, may never recover from. It is a dark and dangerous time in America, and I, in good conscience, will never support such an act of madness! We seem to have learned nothing from Vietnam, and those of us who have come to understand through great suffering the awful waste and deep immorality of war, are not being listened to. Those of us who have found that love and forgiveness are more powerful than hatred are not being heard. We remain invisible, isolated and alone, voices in the wilderness in a country that has truly gone mad. I encourage all of you to raise your voices on behalf of peace and non-violence everywhere. I love this country so much that I don't want to see it go through the senselessness and agony of war ever again.

With love and a sincere hope for peace!

Ron Kovic

http://myhero.com/hero.asp?hero=kovic

What's yer point Marine?? :confused:

ecomsg68
12-27-02, 11:17 PM
Well let me see now ... a different viewpoint ... thoughts to pounder before the cannons boom!

USMC0311
12-27-02, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by ecomsg68
Well let me see now ... a different viewpoint ... thoughts to pounder before the cannons boom!

Naw Marine..just wonderin how ya felt when you got back...what we did over there was rough enough on a mans heart and soul...then come back here and have to be shamed for being a Patroit; really ****ed with my mind...

You are right Marine we all have different view points.

When the bullets start flying, I will SUPPORT Our Patriots 100% and Fight the Battle here for their Honor if circumstances make it necessary.

Semper Fidelis, God, Country and Corps!

SHOOTER1
12-28-02, 12:08 AM
I saw the movie, as for my opionin, his body wasent the only thing that got messed with, "Believe in Peace, But Prepare for War"

lakers
12-28-02, 07:31 PM
Go to: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1603

NamGrunt68
12-29-02, 06:01 AM
bump....

arzach
12-29-02, 08:06 AM
Any of you Mods out there tell me why the link on Lisa's post takes me to a different thread? Really messes up the continuity.
Drifter--ya got some input on this?

USMC0311
12-29-02, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by NamGrunt68
Well, many of you in here know me, and some don't. Some don't cotton much to me, some do. Bottom line we are all Marines and I am looking for some help. Please read the below letter from a bro o mine. He and I are trying to do what we can to support our troops. If you believe in the effort, please forward to as many Marines and sites as you can. I hope to see you there !!

Uncle Sam Wants YOU is something most of us remember. Many of us answered the call. There are literally millions upon millions of living war veterans who selflessly defended freedom and America and our families and fellow countrymen.

Over thirty years ago, the defenders of a free world fought a new kind of war. It was a war without a front, a war without a demonstrable support for its heroic fighters, but with a ferocious enemy back home capturing the media, college campuses, the entertainment industry, many of our own elected representatives, and the attention of the leaders of a militarily soundly defeated North Vietnamese Army and its communist allies, to whom said enemy back home, the radical left, gave aid and abetment.

All of the veterans of that conflict remember the vitriolic welcome home, and the discrimination against them, and the name calling and vile shunning from much of the very people they fought so bravely for. NEVER AGAIN!

United States Marine Corps combat veterans of the Vietnam War have initiated an offensive; a war, if you will, against the stance and arrogance of the leftist radical movement. These vile traitors, sympathetic to the enemies of this nation have again, after thirty years, risen their ugly heads, Phoenix-like, to aid and abet our enemies. As before, they are demonstrating, trying to present, with the help of the liberal media, a false impression to the citizens and politicians of America, and the world, of a popular opposition to the United States defending itself and waging war upon those bent upon its destruction.

This is YOUR finest hour. Uncle Sam NEEDS you. Your arms are your willingness to help show the world the radical left is not going to be given the sole position of presenting the only voice of the will and wishes of our people; a false and noisy minority is all they are and ever have been.

Your call is to plan to join up with these Marines, and other patriotic Americans, and proceed to Washington, DC to be a needed member of our Righteous Demonstration against that of the leftist anti-war protestors. Noted media representative of the right have been notified we will be there to present and voice what we believe is still the position of the vast majority of Americans.

Time is very short. You may have to make a sacrifice of your time, travel expense, and the comfort of your home in front of the television on which you will be seeing the left once again doing their thing. Please, PLEASE, do not allow them to do it unopposed. YOU are needed!

The leftist demonstration will begin with a gathering on the west side of the White House, and will proceed to the U.S. Navy Yards about four miles to the southeast. You should simply request information, or any questions you may have about anything back to the source of this letter having been e-mailed or sent to you. This letter ... this PLEA for 'militia' members in a fight against those bent upon the destruction of our country and way of life ... is being sent to many, many places. The total distribution will be unknown to anyone.

It IS known, however, that the United States Marine Vietnam combat veteran who wrote this letter, will, if necessary, stand for his nation, our loved ones, our way of life, and THE TRUTH, along with a small band of his brothers, ALONE AGAIN, if need be, in Washington DC, at 0900 at the Brothers of Nam statue near The Wall, January 18, 2003.

And the members of MOVE-OUT! (Marines & Other Veterans Engaging Outrageous Un-American Traitors!)

Dane my Bro...I'm tryin to hook-up with Bullet6869.. to do the Swoop to the Wall.. he lives North of me.. I'll let ya know wtf pans out.

I'll be there in Mind and Spirt and if I get the transportation My Ole body will be with ya'll.

Thank You for all yer doing Marine.

lakers
12-29-02, 02:50 PM
BUMP !!

USMC0311
12-30-02, 01:18 PM
http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/fonda/fonda.html

http://www.lava.net/~higak/chain/other/fonda.htm

Remember the fONDA *****/traitor..never again.
The fools/doves/cowards that play will pay

USMC0311
01-02-03, 07:56 PM
Semper Fidelis Dane..Thanks for

Over thirty years ago, the defenders of a free world fought a new kind of war. It was a war without a front, a war without a demonstrable support for its heroic fighters, but with a ferocious enemy back home capturing the media, college campuses, the entertainment industry, many of our own elected representatives, and the attention of the leaders of a militarily soundly defeated North Vietnamese Army and its communist allies, to whom said enemy back home, the radical left, gave aid and abatement.

Your call is to plan to join up with these Marines, and other patriotic Americans, and proceed to Washington, DC to be a needed member of our Righteous Demonstration against that of the leftist anti-war protesters. Noted media representative of the right have been notified we will be there to present and voice what we believe is still the position of the vast majority of Americans.

I got a line on transportation. I will let ya know wtf the deal iz as it progresses.
Thanks for the heads-up on this Bro

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3237

USMC0311
01-03-03, 10:59 PM
> Peace rally runs into war veterans
>
> (EXCERPT) Thu Jan 2, 7:37 AM ET
>
> ADAM L. CATALDO, Staff Writer
>
> About 50 people who marched to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in
> Charlotte on Wednesday to protest a possible war with Iraq were
> confronted by angry veterans who said their presence was an insult to
> fallen comrades.
>
> A police officer intervened and said the protesters should be allowed
> to proceed. The dozen veterans stepped aside.
>
> "I have no hate against anyone except punks like you," Edd Furr, 67, a
> Vietnam veteran from Concord, shouted at one of the protesters.
>
> As they walked alongside the memorial several veterans exchanged words
> with the protesters and told them not to touch the wall, located in a
> park between and Third and Fourth streets just east of the I-277 loop.
>
> Full story at The Charlotte Observer
>
> http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/local/4856745.htm

firstsgtmike
01-04-03, 03:05 AM
I think every city should be required to erect a public urinal and call it the Jane Fonda Memorial.

Henceforth, every anti-war, anti-military, anti- government, anti-whatever would have a rallying point to meet at and hold their demonstrations.

It would also be a place where the rest of the public could express their opinions as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

It's frustrating when you know all the answers,
but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.

wrbones
01-04-03, 05:30 AM
To those who organize 'Peace Rally's'

There is a movement that is slowly but steadily growing among veterans. It is a grass roots movement. A few Marines here, a couple of soldiers there, several sailors somewhere else, two or three airmen at a bar.

It is a movement of frustration born of failed policies and horrible mistreatment by both our government and civilians during and after wars and conflicts past. It is a movement whose heart and soul cries out, with determination,"This shall not happen to another veteran again."

It is a formless movement at this time, and it is essentially leaderless. But it will grow. It cannot be otherwise. Many civilians do not know what sacrifices have been made for them. They cannot comprehend the pain, the horror, the unbelievable long hours and constant wear and tear on bodies, families, friendships, and even sacrificed careers that have been made by these people. These Veterans. They cannot begin to understand the isolation most feel after years of honorable and good service only to return to a nation and home wherein they are incomprehensively spit upon, lied to, lied about, ignored, or threatened, abused and shouted down by those whom they gave so much to protect. They only want to go back to work, to live in peace and freedom once again as any other American citizen justly demands and expects.

In time, wherever there are peace protesters, there will be a Veteran offering another point of view. Our freedoms do not come cheap. The freedoms of others do not come cheap. Let there be peace. We, as veterans will gladly welcome it. Let there be no man or woman ready to defend freedom, there will be no freedom. Peace will thence disappear.

Any who will not support the men and women of our armed forces in their time of need neither deserve, nor apparently value, the freedom that has allowed them to abuse the Veterans who served, fought and died to ensure freedom and liberty for all of us. Protest. It is your right. Protest in front of 'city hall'. Protest in the town square. Do not bring a peace protest to a monument that was built to honor a Veteran. You have defiled the Veterans and the monument raised to honor them. This is a slap in the face to all Veterans. It is the equivalent of going to a graveyard to protest lethal injection. It is like going to a maternity ward to protest abortion. It is like going to Martin Luther King's gravesite to protest equal rights. It is a senseless, vile and inappropriate use of freedom. It is irresponsible, reprehensible, and shows your ignorance of what has been given for you. It is, quite frankly, childishly irresponsible to do so.

Protest any war. You have the right to do so. But do not be surprised when you see a Veteran opposite you who watches and waits.

Be responsible in what you do. Your protests have a negative impact on the morale of many who serve. When they should be otherwise concerned with the life and death job at hand, they might be thinking of you...and wondering why you do not consider what they have done honorable or important. In the past so called peace protests have physically, mentally and emotionally harmed Veterans. If the people of the United States do not support the Marine, the Sailor, the Soldier, the Airman or even the Coastie, in the times that they need you most...in time, there may not be a man or a woman to protect you when it counts. The future of any army, at any time, has depended solely upon the treatment of it's veterans after a war or conflict. I'm sorry to say that our world is not perfect nor safe. Our nation's armed forces are a necessity of life.

Several enemies have delcared war upon us from several places and at several times over the last twenty years. Many of them have called it 'Jihad'. This is an eternal feud to those who have declared it. They will not stop until we are dead as individuals and as a nation. Yet another enemy has ignored sanctions and given it's own people over to terror, starvation and death by it's own chemical weaponry in order to live off the 'fat of the land'.This government has attacked our men and women in uniform on an almost daily basis since 1991, ignoring peace protcols imposed by the UN and the rest of the world. Another enemy has killed several thousand men, women and children on our on lands, in our own nation. We are at war already. Other nations and organizations have declared war against us and openly attacked us. No other nation is able, even if willing, to defend us. We must defend ourselves.

Sadly, peace is no longer an option. This is the choice of those who have named us enemy. Peace protests in this environment are illogical and irrational, and in my own opinion, treasonous.

Warren R. Bonesteel
Sgt USMC 1976-1983

Barndog
01-04-03, 06:14 AM
Eloquently and powerfully stated my good Sergeant Bones. I completely agree. Protest is the right provided in the Constitution. If you feel compelled to do so, DO IT. That is your right that WE provided YOU.

But, at the same time that you protest: Keep in mind THAT -

If I find out that YOU or ANY member of your family has hidden behind your political affiliations, your family's monetary donations or ties to a political group, that ANY member of your family has hidden behind a college deferrment or, intends on doing so, or in any other manner - to such point that your call to military service in the Volunteer or Draft (if it shall be reinstated) is thusly impeeded, ducked or impared to the point that YOU or ANY member of your family DOES NOT SERVE as a result of any of the aforementioned clauses -

I will openly identify you -
I will openly and publically humiliate you at every possible opportunity -
I will ensure that EVERY MARINE I KNOW - is informed as to who you are, where you live, what you drive -

And IF I am still alive when you pass -

....I shall urninate on your grave for all of my Brothers and Sisters who gave themselves for your sorry ass.

Count on it as surely as the Freedom that We provided you to Protest.

Semper Fidelis

Tony 'Barndog' Barnhart
Cpl USMC 1977-1983
SP4 MIARNG 1984-1992

USMC0311
01-04-03, 01:58 PM
Thank You Marines. Well put Bones. You are one concise, eloquent Marine Bro.

A Country is Only as strong as it's Patriotism

United we stand, Divided we fall. We have seen this happen in our Life-time. It will do my best so destroy ALL people that degrade and undermine our Patriots.

Semper Fidelis, God, Country and Corps

vnvet22
01-04-03, 03:02 PM

Thanks bro I appreciate it....we know you will be there in spirit !! Now how bout sending me 100 packs o ciggies, a few cases o beah, and one o them live in maids........25years old preferably !!!! LOL.....thanks again Marine !! I'll be looking fer ya brother !!!

martin j here:banana:

vnvet22
01-04-03, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by vnvet22

martin j here:banana:

I WOULD RATHER BE A BLIND PATRIOT
THEN BE BLIND AND NOT A PATRIOT:marine:

vnvet22
01-04-03, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by wrbones
To those who organize 'Peace Rally's'

There is a movement that is slowly but steadily growing among veterans. It is a grass roots movement. A few Marines here, a couple of soldiers there, several sailors somewhere else, two or three airmen at a bar.

It is a movement of frustration born of failed policies and horrible mistreatment by both our government and civilians during and after wars and conflicts past. It is a movement whose heart and soul cries out, with determination,"This shall not happen to another veteran again."

It is a formless movement at this time, and it is essentially leaderless. But it will grow. It cannot be otherwise. Many civilians do not know what sacrifices have been made for them. They cannot comprehend the pain, the horror, the unbelievable long hours and constant wear and tear on bodies, families, friendships, and even sacrificed careers that have been made by these people. These Veterans. They cannot begin to understand the isolation most feel after years of honorable and good service only to return to a nation and home wherein they are incomprehensively spit upon, lied to, lied about, ignored, or threatened, abused and shouted down by those whom they gave so much to protect. They only want to go back to work, to live in peace and freedom once again as any other American citizen justly demands and expects.

In time, wherever there are peace protesters, there will be a Veteran offering another point of view. Our freedoms do not come cheap. The freedoms of others do not come cheap. Let there be peace. We, as veterans will gladly welcome it. Let there be no man or woman ready to defend freedom, there will be no freedom. Peace will thence disappear.

Any who will not support the men and women of our armed forces in their time of need neither deserve, nor apparently value, the freedom that has allowed them to abuse the Veterans who served, fought and died to ensure freedom and liberty for all of us. Protest. It is your right. Protest in front of 'city hall'. Protest in the town square. Do not bring a peace protest to a monument that was built to honor a Veteran. You have defiled the Veterans and the monument raised to honor them. This is a slap in the face to all Veterans. It is the equivalent of going to a graveyard to protest lethal injection. It is like going to a maternity ward to protest abortion. It is like going to Martin Luther King's gravesite to protest equal rights. It is a senseless, vile and inappropriate use of freedom. It is irresponsible, reprehensible, and shows your ignorance of what has been given for you. It is, quite frankly, childishly irresponsible to do so.

Protest any war. You have the right to do so. But do not be surprised when you see a Veteran opposite you who watches and waits.

Be responsible in what you do. Your protests have a negative impact on the morale of many who serve. When they should be otherwise concerned with the life and death job at hand, they might be thinking of you...and wondering why you do not consider what they have done honorable or important. In the past so called peace protests have physically, mentally and emotionally harmed Veterans. If the people of the United States do not support the Marine, the Sailor, the Soldier, the Airman or even the Coastie, in the times that they need you most...in time, there may not be a man or a woman to protect you when it counts. The future of any army, at any time, has depended solely upon the treatment of it's veterans after a war or conflict. I'm sorry to say that our world is not perfect nor safe. Our nation's armed forces are a necessity of life.

Several enemies have delcared war upon us from several places and at several times over the last twenty years. Many of them have called it 'Jihad'. This is an eternal feud to those who have declared it. They will not stop until we are dead as individuals and as a nation. Yet another enemy has ignored sanctions and given it's own people over to terror, starvation and death by it's own chemical weaponry in order to live off the 'fat of the land'.This government has attacked our men and women in uniform on an almost daily basis since 1991, ignoring peace protcols imposed by the UN and the rest of the world. Another enemy has killed several thousand men, women and children on our on lands, in our own nation. We are at war already. Other nations and organizations have declared war against us and openly attacked us. No other nation is able, even if willing, to defend us. We must defend ourselves.

Sadly, peace is no longer an option. This is the choice of those who have named us enemy. Peace protests in this environment are illogical and irrational, and in my own opinion, treasonous.

Warren R. Bonesteel
Sgt USMC 1976-1983

Hey sarge if i could speak as well as you
there are many things that i could do
and one is stand with you proud and tall
and dont let them defame our wall

So as i write and try to script
I,ll place my ass in front of it
Whoever shall disgrace that place
Will have all we nam vets,IN YOUR FACE

wrbones
01-04-03, 04:57 PM
Boys, I don't often get involved in these type of discussions, but that post referrin to that newspaper article got me a little uptight. I tend to speak my mind when I get to that point. Mom always said ya just as well say it as think. She taught us about consequences too!

You fellers ain't no slackers either when it comes to speakin' yer minds!

That damn poetry stuff I never have gotten a handle on! LOL.

Semper Fidelis, Marines

Bones

Barndog
01-04-03, 05:25 PM
Bones,

I guess - for me at least... it was more of a matter of putting the thought and words into the emotional instabilty concerning this.
It started a couple weeks ago with some draft dodgin FEDERAL employee. Needless to say, I did my part for US to him, and his clone.

Unfortunately for the rest of them, now I'm pi$$ed off. Yup, I fully understand the consequences of my behaviors/actions. Maybe that's the bad part...

- for them at least.

Semper Fidelis - to OUR CORPS

wrbones
01-04-03, 07:37 PM
You boys got me started on somethin'. For whatever it's worth, I did a search on the web and now I'm postin' my little rant to all the editors and 'peace' organisations I can find!

I wonder how many responses I'll get?

I wonder how many will post or print it in their opinion pages?

Hell, I like tiltin' at windmills! LOL. It's a somethin' to do! :)

arzach
01-04-03, 08:48 PM
Well done Bones, Barndog---Yeah, you too Marty! 1stSgt Mike that's a great idea for a 'protester's memorial'--yes, every city should have one.

Me thinks the Country's 'Silent Majority' is fed up with past policies of 'slick willie' that got us into this position in the first place. Seeing how he was a draft dodger himself, I would hope our population would look more favorably on our Service Personel and give them all their support. This would be enhanced greatly by a strong show of support for 'A Call To Arms' in D.C. on the 18th.

wrbones
01-04-03, 09:27 PM
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/j18/j18contacts.html

This'll give ya an idea if what yer up against folks. This bunch is scheduled for the 18th of January

arzach
01-04-03, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by wrbones
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/j18/j18contacts.html

This'll give ya an idea if what yer up against folks. This bunch is scheduled for the 18th of January

Well organized, well financed, a bunch of willing college kids with nothing better to do---All put together and backed by Commies.

Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and the Bill of Rights gave these pukes their 'rights, liberties and freedoms'---Our service guaranteed and preserved them ---and this is how they abuse them----May the fleas of 10,000 camels infest their armpits and crotch areas, and eat ravenously.....

wrbones
01-04-03, 10:01 PM
This bunch is definitely 'takers' folks. Ive been emailing the transportation organisers, newspapers, and every so called peace organisation I can find.

If I can change the way a state does business with Veterans, I can damn sure change something with this crap.

Use logic, reason and their own words and rules against them.

Most of them are so cowardly that when ya get to cussin' they figure yer threatening their lives, not knowing that a Marine won't threaten ya, he'll just do it!

leroy8541
01-04-03, 11:00 PM
for 1 thing these people have the right to protest as they wish they are guaranteed that right by the constitution the same one that we promised to serve and protect. the same one that gives us the right to bear arms against a tyrranical government. no matter that these people haven't the brains or the tact to stop and think about the fact that this place that they have decided to do thier little demonstration is considered sacred ground by the people that have sacrificed thier lives for that very right guaranteed to them by this constitution. I for one have no problem with thier decision for a public gathering or thier outcry against war this is thier rights as americans. what I do have a problem with is thier choice of location, on the sacred ground of our fallen comrades,brothers, fathers, sisters. we need to find a way to communicate with these people that they are intruding on a place of fallen warriors of our country and they need to move thier peace movement elsewhere. maybe times sqare in new york city or out on philidelphia drive in front of the white house not on hallowed ground the only people they are ****ing off are the people that guarantee thier rights to be americans.
I would love to be there to bash in the skulls of anyone soiling these sacred grounds, but it would just ignite thier cause, and make us look like the bad guys.

my two cents worth

Barndog
01-05-03, 05:29 AM
I got the perfect 'protestors memorial' in mind....

A row of steel crappers, with a row of beat up steel sh!tcans.

We'll allow you to dip your head in the crap, then throw your ownself out with the trash.......
Or, we can do it for you.... it's your option.

The only reason it will ignite their cause leroy, is because the media is so starved for stories (the 'clone babies', etc) - that they would do ANYTHING to make any Veteran look like sh!t.

Like my Brother Bones said... he's changing the way a state does buisness with Vets - I already changed the way a state does business with it's Correction Officers (back in 1989).

I need something bigger. Like I said up there in the earlier post - now, I'm ****ed off. Let's Rock....

I say the only rule(s) we abide by is:

1. That we will be on the spot in a disciplined, military manner.
2. The first scumbag that spits on a (any) Veteran, they ALL get their asses kicked - enmass. About 3 or 4 of those, I bet these fvckin protests stop directly. I don't give a shvt.

As of this moment in time, I am DONE taking shvt from civilians. Period. End of story.
Remember the quote is at the Iwo Jima Memorial...

"Uncommon Valor was a Common Virtue" - stand up and live it.

Semper Fidelis

USMC0311
01-05-03, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Barndog
I got the perfect 'protesters memorial' in mind....

A row of steel crappers, with a row of beat up steel sh!tcans.

We'll allow you to dip your head in the crap, then throw your ownself out with the trash.......
Or, we can do it for you.... it's your option.

The only reason it will ignite their cause leroy, is because the media is so starved for stories (the 'clone babies', etc) - that they would do ANYTHING to make any Veteran look like sh!t.

Like my Brother Bones said... he's changing the way a state does business with Vets - I already changed the way a state does business with it's Correction Officers (back in 1989).

I need something bigger. Like I said up there in the earlier post - now, I'm ****ed off. Let's Rock....

I say the only rule(s) we abide by is:

1. That we will be on the spot in a disciplined, military manner.
2. The first scumbag that spits on a (any) Veteran, they ALL get their asses kicked - enmass. About 3 or 4 of those, I bet these fvckin protests stop directly. I don't give a shvt.

As of this moment in time, I am DONE taking shvt from civilians. Period. End of story.
Remember the quote is at the Iwo Jima Memorial...

"Uncommon Valor was a Common Virtue" - stand up and live it.

Semper Fidelis

10-4 Tony. Out ****in Standing Marine.

arzach
01-05-03, 12:23 PM
There is no way to change anybody's mind that doesn't have one, or is so narrow-minded they only see their point of view. They, in their feeble minds, think they are doing something to 'save' lives...all they are accomplishing is dividing the country again, with no real thought on how they are affecting our active duty Brothers, the very ones who are insuring their ability to protest in the first place------'TAKERS', every last one of them!!----

ANY Monument should be 'out of bounds' for these protesters, especially THE WALL---any who dare desecrate that hallowed ground should be dealt with severely---Frags would be nice.

wrbones
01-05-03, 02:54 PM
We must take the moral high ground initially. Beat them back with the flaws in their own thinking. At that point, never quit, never give up until they've been stopped and have quit the field.

Frags are on the list, but only until they've used them first! The moral high ground is that important. We must not stoop to their level at any point.

Changing the minds of left wing extremist organisers is not the goal. Changing perceptions of Veterans so that the 'general populace' doesn't think that we're all useless nutcases is. Changing interpretations on the law, or enabling implimentation of the laws already on the books is co-equal with this.

I don't expect to change anyone's mind. I hope to convince them that I, as a Veteran, will no longer be walked over, ignored and mistreated with impunity.

Bones

NamGrunt68
01-05-03, 05:03 PM
Damn if you bro's ain't made my evenin a mo betta one by readin yer posts...........I hope to see some of you at the Brothers of Nam Statue at 0900 on the 18th.....I don't know if I put it in here or not, but the dumb sumb!tches on the "other side" have chosen the Marine Barracks area at 8th & I as a rest stop on their route...thats whur we gonna try and head em off !!! Semper Fi Marines !!!!

Barndog
01-05-03, 05:32 PM
(this is my opinion)

Vietnam divided this country in a huge way - and if you stop and take a hard, long look at it - we've never fully healed. But the one thing it DID do, more than anything I think, is unite the Veterans - those as WE are.
We've all been getting the Big Green Weenie in one of a plethora of ways - since the day we stepped foot in the military. Either by choice - or not. Now, taking the long hard look at the Vets of this country - we ain't nothing but a burden - unless our asses are on the battlefield somewhere. If I took a composite sample of the Vet's I know, there isn't but 15% of them using the benefits that they had earned. I never used the med, home loan or any of those bene's as a civilian. Oh, I took the 5 points the State gave me for my Civil Service exam. Yippee.
Some might say that's pretty cynical. Yeah well, that's why you premise things with - this is 'my opinion'.

Why? It's a pretty simple answer, but one not so simple to live.

Because it was my HONOR to serve.

Now I see how mistreated that HONOR is, how all these people, including the government is taking it for granted, and THEN I look at all of my BROTHERS and say -

YOU are the reasons my HONOR is still alive and well. Cause the way it looks to me, there isn't too many other ones around that give a pinch of shvt about us.

Except US.

Semper Fidelis

firstsgtmike
01-06-03, 03:47 AM
Bones,

When I left his morning, about five hours ago, I had this pm ready to send you.

"The posting on the protest rally has splintered into four different battlefields; the right to protest, the topic of the protest, place of protest, and biblical references.

Any one of the issues is a battle royal with both sides having deep felt positions and every combatant having his own personal view of the battlefield.

Join the four of them together and what you have is something akin to playing football in an unmarked minefield and being required to finish the game before leaving.

OR, a battle between a school of jellyfish and an assortment of holographs. Phantasmagoria.

Just to throw **** into the game, remember that the bible was written by people who thought the world was flat!
--------------------------------------------------------
When I returned, I read responses to your e-mail, followed the sniper post to Craig Roberts, read a conservative newsletter, and reread Roger's post with the Smedley Butler Speech.

Dr. Rokke and DU, Robert's book about the JFK conspiracy and the 115 deaths, the 80+ deaths surrounding the Clinton investigations, and Butler's speech about fighting wars for big business.

Only the DU issue was new to me. But the effect of them all being presented one after the other, bang, bang, bang, bang, was, and is, mind boggling.

I feel like the guy who went to a psychiatrist who diagnosed him as being extremely paranoid. On his next appointment the following month, the psychiatrist told him that after extensive investigation, letters, e-mails, telephone calls, data base searches, etc. he had come to the following conclusion.

"No one, absolutely no one is out to get you, because nobody gives a **** whether you live or die.

Now, doesn't that make you feel better? "
------------------------------------------------

wrbones
01-06-03, 05:56 PM
The peace rally scheduled for the 18th of Jan. in D.C. has been planned
with a route that will take them to The Wall and then to 8th and I ( the
Marine Barracks) for a 'rest'. Has this been purposely planned to induce a
potential conflict to ensure better media coverage? Other rallys around the
nation have been planned for the 18th as well. Are their routes scheduled
to take them to potential points of conflict to ensure better media
coverage?

I have sent the following email to as many of the rally's organisers as
possible.

(see my email posted earlier in this thread)

Dear Sgt. Bonesteel,

Thanks for the email. I knew the march was going to pass the Marine
barracks, but didn't know it would be near the Wall. Are you sure? I think
pre-march rally is at the other end of the Mall, near the Capitol, but I
may be wrong.

sincerely,
david montgomery

<montgomery@washpost.com>

My reply

Mr. Montgomery,

My most recent information has it that the rally will be at "0900 at the Brothers of Nam statue near The Wall, January 18th 2003." I do know that counter demonstrations are scheduled at the refernce points I sent to you earlier. My information may be outdated. In any case how large a crowd will The Mall comfortably hold?

I appreciate your time, sir. It has meant a lot to me.

His response:

Hmm, maybe something is scheduled at the Wall...but my undertsanding is the
biggest gathering is at the other end of the Mall, nearest the Capitol. I
don't think any march has ever filled the Mall. Many hundreds of thousands
of people could fit on it. I may be among those covering events that day.
Please pass on anything you care to share....

sincerely,
david montgomery

"WR Bonesteel"
<wrbones@rushmore To: <montgomery@washpost.com>
.com> ------------

Barndog
01-06-03, 06:04 PM
re:

Mr Montgomery

Sir:

I hope you plan on more Marines, Soldiers, Airman, and Sailors than we have deployed overseas currently, waiting for your opposition at our Veterans Memorials.

Bring lunches. Lots of them.

Semper Fidelis

(pls forward)

wrbones
01-07-03, 01:38 AM
Subject: Re: Peace Rallys, Iraq and Western Asia

You talk about the UN and world law. It is precisely the UN which Israel and the US has ignored for decades. Israel is in no danger from Palestinians, but Palestinians are certainly in danger of complete ethnic cleansing from Israel. I don't support suicide bombings, they are also the mirror image of Sharon's terrorism against the Palestinian people. The occupation causes resistance. Wouldn't you resist military occupation of the US?

I think most countries on the receiving end of US 'help' would say "with friends like that, who needs enemies?"
I have many Muslim and Jewish friends. I think the stereotypes you portray don't help in understanding the current issue. It is about justice and opposing dispossession - not about religion.

best wishes for 2003
Kathryn

Here

wrbones
01-07-03, 01:41 AM
:

Bill,

Are there no rich or powerful individuals using pawns in 'peace rallys'? There are other ways to change foreign policies than to misuse the defense of our nation and consequently, those who've chosen a military career to defend it. In addition, the interests of those who are rich and powerful seldom have much to do with the well-being of the average person. In this nation, that balance is somewhat better than in other nations on this earth at this time.

Peace activists have historically been the first to abuse men and women in uniform. You will have to do much better than that, I'm afraid! LOL.

I have a nephew and a son of age to be drafted if it comes to that. My family has a long history of supporting this nation in time of war as well as times of peace. This history dates to the Colonial Army.

The Vietnam War was a part of the Cold War which defeated Russia and hindered the rise of communism. It's loss was one in which weak leaders and fearful civilians had our armed forces leave a war that had been won. This war drained our Cold War enemies of resources, and as well, helped us avoid a nuclear holocaust.

Any idea that lies are not a part of foreign policy is living a life in which reality has not intruded. To our credit, we tell far fewer lies than those who criticise the U.S.

I do not question the patriotism of peace activists, but I do wonder about their motivation. I also wonder about the motivation of planning the route on the 18th in D.C. so that it passses The Wall and then plans a 'rest' at the Marine Barracks at 8th and I streets. The history of such a route and the purpose for using it cannot have escaped you. Surely this is not purposely planned that an incident may occur in which better media coverage might be ensured?

I do appreciate your time and your response.

signed

Warren R. Bonesteel
Sgt USMC 1976-1983

His reply:

With all due respect, we fundamentally disagree. The peace movement never sent people off to die for useless, and in many cases, illegal and aggressive objectives. The abuse that men and women in uniform receive is the misleadership that they get when they are sent off on such missions.

Thanks, nevertheless, for your point of view. i appreciate your taking the time to correspond.

Bill

wrbones
01-07-03, 01:46 AM
montgomery@washpost.com

This guy is looking for facts and figures, folks, not diatribes.

He's just a reporter doin' his job. He is not involved with peace activists.

If you contact this guy remember that!

I'm sure he would be interested in your opinion, though, concerning the rally in D.C on the 18th of January.

He says that he wil be one of the reporters covering the rally. We can have a positive impact here. Don't make them think we're a bunch of crazies even if we know otherwise! ;) LOL.

Barndog
01-07-03, 04:17 AM
I didn't allude to being crazy did I????
Shut up about those 3 years of therapy I went thru, Bones. You said that nothing was ever going to be said about it. Don't you try and take that hand grenade from my shirt.......

That jerkoff doesn't deserve my opinion, Bones. If he wants it, he can drive his ass to my house, and I'll give it to him.

Otherwise, if I can roust up the money, he can get it first hand in DC on the 18th.

Barrio_rat
01-07-03, 04:46 AM
Barndog, I don't think you've ever alluded to anything! And, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Keep up the good work and fan the flames under Bones' saggin' ass!

Wish like hell I could make it to this muster...

I'll be with y'all in spirit - thinkin' of all y'all!

Semper Fi!

wrbones
01-07-03, 06:15 PM
Read this one from the bottom up. Sorry. I'm gettin' lazy in my 'old' age! ;)

Anyway, you get the idea!

Kathyrn,

I'm afraid you've made an assumption. I am well aware of what has gone
on politically over the last couple of decades. In addition I have a pretty
solid base in these issues going back to Colonial America. In the issues you
have brought up, the focus of everything, including Vietnam, was the defeat
of Russia and Communism in numerous locations around the world. The Cold War
left a helluva mess. We are still cleaning up after it. The middle east is a
part of that mess that was there long before WWII. In the fight we had
during the Cold War many of our temporary 'allies' were used to distract,
deter and then to deplete the resources of our enemies. It worked.The
Russians and Communist China violated every accord as soon as they signed
them as far back as WWII. We've been dealing with it ever since. We avoided
a nuclear holocaust in such fashion as 'using' people like Hussein and many
others. The Taliban also changed their stripes quite dramatically after they
got what they wanted out of us. This is quite often the case with the people
you say we've mistreated.

All wars have ultimately been about resources. In this case, they have
brought the fight to us. Now we must defend ourselves. If we profit from the
deal, well and good.

Many of the issues that I brought out in my previous email you seem to have
ignored.

If you consider your government to be inadequate in any fashion, then
perhaps it is time to change the government. Perhaps to one similar to the
one Afghanistan had? Maybe one just like Saddam's? I am sure you will be
much happier there. People who protest in those types of nations do lead an
interesting if somewhat short life span however.

You seem to say that the UN and world law are no longer matter. Israel is a
nation. Palestine wishes to destroy them. Should Israel not defend itself?

One other thing. The Muslim religion has no place for such as you and I. We
are infidel. less than the dirt on their feet. Only barely worth killing
unless we happen to be in the way. Many of those nations and organizations
have declared 'Jihad' against us. This is a forever war until all who are
not them have been killed and all traces of us wiped from the face of the
earth. Freedom of religion is freedom to join them ( maybe) or to die ( Most
likely).

Fear also leads men to seek peace in the face of a war brought upon them by
others.

One final note. Tactically and strategically, the war in Southeast Asia had
been won. In addition, the North Vietnamese had no further resources to
continue the fight. They were out of men and materials. Russia was nearly
broke as was China. Weak leadership and fearful civilians at home were what
lost that war. You might want to read what North Vietnamese political and
military leaders have said about this.

Many other nations have been like Somalia. 'Come help us" They said. We came
to help and they attacked us repeatedly. We left. now several years later,
The same men who attacked and killed Americans are saying" Come help us."
This is something else that has often occurred in our relations with other
nations that you so decry.

I am pleased that you have taken the time out of your day to respond to me.

Thank you, dear lady.

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: Peace Rallys, Iraq and Western Asia

Dear Warren,

Unfortunately your limited understanding and knowledge of your country's
impacts through its foreign policies over many decades is too common. I
suggest you read Rogue State and The Algebra of Infinite Justice to broaden
your understanding. The US government, often through the CIA, has funded
and or supported the Taliban, Saddam Hussein and numerous other dictators
and murderers. They have supported the military occupation of Palestinian
Territories for decades. When exactly have they been on the side of justice
and equity?

The terrorism of the US administration is the mirror image of the terrorism
of the twin towers. War will not provide an answer and war on Iraq is a
blatant grab for oil and power in the Middle East. This is obvious to most
except those who don't want to see. I am sorry for Veterans, they have been
used horribly, especially in the Gulf War with the contact with depleted
uranium and who knows what else in the form of chemicals and innoculations.

People globally don't hate the American people, but US foreign policy has
created many injustices which are deeply opposed. The fear which pervades
American culture should be resisted. As Michael Moore has demonstrated so
ably - fear can be manipulated very easily and results in horrendous numbers
of deaths by Americans against Americans. Resist fear and oppose
injustice - that will provide more security to Americans than any war which
the inadequate US government is planning.

sincerely

Kathryn

----------
To: Kathryn.Kelly@orac.net.au
Subject: Peace Rallys, Iraq and Western Asia
Date: Sunday, 5 January 2003 21:04

wrbones
01-08-03, 11:21 PM
ARTICLES & EXCERPTS FROM A.N.S.W.E.R.'s 01/08/03 PRESS
CONFERENCE ANNOUNCING JANUARY 18 ANTI-WAR STRATEGY AND
SCENARIOS

Speakers at the Press Conference:

- Ramsey Clark, former U.S. Attorney General
- Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, Partnership for Civil
Justice-LDEF
- Mahdi Bray, Executive Director, Muslim American
Society Freedom Foundation
- Damu Smith, Black Voices for Peace
- Chuck Kaufman, Nicaragua Network
- Ihab Darwish, Free Palestine Alliance
- Brian Becker, International Action Center
- Ismail Kamal, Muslim Students Alliance
- Peta Lindsay, A.N.S.W.E.R. Youth and Student
Coordinator, Howard University student

Some of the news outlets that attended included:

CBS, New York Times, Washington Post, Associated Press,
Pacifica, D.C.'s Newschannel 8, Reuters, Reuters & AP
Television, NPR, WAMU Radio (NPR Affiliate), BBC, ARD
German TV, La Jornada, Scripps Howard, Gannett News
Service, Akahata (Japanese newspaper), Der Spiegel

The following is an excerpt from an Associated Press
article

Sponsors Outline Anti-War Protest Plan
By HEATHER GREENFIELD
Associated Press Writer
http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-anti-war-protest0108jan08,0,2283668.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines

January 8, 2003, 4:33 PM EST

WASHINGTON -- The weekend of Martin Luther King Jr.'s
birthday is a perfect time for a big anti-war protest in
Washington, sponsors said Wednesday.

"The American people have very little time left to tell
President Bush that they don't want the U.S. to be an
aggressor nation and attack Iraq," said former Attorney
General Ramsey Clark, whose group International
A.N.S.W.E.R (Act Now to Stop War and Racism) is organizing
the Jan. 18 event.

"Martin Luther King weekend is a perfect time to say, 'No
War, Mr. President,'" Clark said. King's birthday is Jan.
15, celebrated as a federal holiday this year on Monday,
Jan. 20.

Calling King a "drum major for peace and justice," Mahdi
Bray, the executive director of the Muslim American
Society, noted that King spoke out against the Vietnam
War.

Actors Jessica Lange and Mike Farrell and demonstrators
from religious groups, labor organizations and schools are
among those planning to attend the event.

Demonstrators plan a rally on the west side of the
Capitol. They will then march to the Washington Navy Yard
where they will ask to inspect weapons of mass destruction
they say the government might have.

The march will travel through a relatively poor section of
Washington. Protesters say those residents will be hurt if
the United States diverts money from social programs to
pay for a war.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

The following is an excerpt from Reuters News Agency
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N08208855?view=PrinterFriendly

The International Answer coalition, represented by former
U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark, said it expects
several tens of thousands of people to join its Jan. 18
protest in the U.S. capital.

"The American people have very little time left to tell
President Bush in their own voice ... they don't want our
United States of America to become an aggressor nation and
attack Iraq," Clark said at a news conference.

Organizers said they expected the United States to use a
Jan. 27 presentation by U.N. weapons inspectors to the
Security Council as a trigger for war. The inspectors
returned to Iraq in November after a new U.N. resolution
demanded arms inspections and threatened "serious
consequences" for violations.

Dozens of busloads of people are expected to gather
outside the U.S. Capitol for the Jan. 18 march, including
students from more than 400 colleges and high schools.

Although Americans' opposition to a possible war has made
few headlines, Clark said Americans were increasingly
apprehensive about the consequences of conflict in Iraq.

"The American people are almost anesthetized on this
subject, and they have to break through. But there is a
growing (peace) movement," he said.

"It's measured by going out into the churches and into the
schools, and where the people are, and seeing what they
are doing and saying. It has arisen overwhelmingly,
spontaneously from people as they realize how far we've
gone (toward war)."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________

The following is an excerpt from the Scripps-Howard News
Service
http://www.knoxstudio.com/shns/story.cfm?pk=IRAQ-PROTESTS-01-08-03&cat=AN

Activists will rally at the Capitol and march to the
Washington Naval Yard to stage a mock weapons inspection.
Brian Becker, spokesman for the coalition, joked that he
"expects unconditional and unfettered access" to U.S.
weapons of mass destruction.

The protest will mark the third in a series of anti-war
protests in Washington. Tens of thousands gathered in
April and more than 100,000 swarmed the city in October -
the largest peace rally in the capital since the Vietnam
War protests.

Activists note the turnout is evidence the Bush
administration does not have public support needed for a
prolonged war. "The Bush administration, we think, is
nervous," said Becker. They want a quick war, before
domestic opposition mushrooms, he said.

Former Rep. Cynthia McKinney, actress Jessica Lange and
Ron Kovic, Vietnam veteran and author of Born on the
Fourth of July, plan to speak in opposition to Bush's
preemptive policy at the rally.

Despite congressional approval for use of force and
renewed U.N. support for weapons inspections, peace
activists claim the political green light does not
"reflect the will of the people." They point to hundreds
of underreported protests across the nation as proof and
see the upcoming event as a last chance to stop a
potential war against Iraq.

Recent military build-up in the Persian Gulf region has
led many to believe the Bush administration is preparing
for war. Media reports say as many as 250,000 troops could
be deployed and about 50,000 troops are already there.
Officials won't confirm the number of troops in the
region, but families across the nation are waving goodbye
to their loved ones in the military.

Organizers say the increased number of troops in the
region show the Bush administration is preparing for war
regardless of the inspectors' findings. They also believe
the United Nations' Jan. 27 deadline for weapons
inspectors to report findings is more likely to create a
war than prevent one.

The inspections were "established as a diplomatic fig leaf
and a trigger for war," said Becker. If the report doesn't
uncover weapons of mass destruction, Becker said, the Bush
administration could claim Iraq is hiding them. But if the
report reveals Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, it
would be in violation of the resolution, he said. "It is a
classic Catch-22."

http://internationalanswer.org

------------------
Send replies to answer@action-mail.org

This is the ANSWER activist announcement
list. Anyone can subscribe by sending
any message to <answer.general-subscribe@action-mail.org>
To unsubscribe <answer.general-off@action-mail.org>

wrbones
01-08-03, 11:27 PM
Hey, Tony, I won't tell about the handgrenade, if you don't tell about the high powered rifle and the clock tower I'm lookin for! Deal?

(OK, for you people who don't get it, it's called humour. If you have to go back and start with Sesame Street! ok.)

I'm gettin ready to go off on PC types now, fer cryin' out loud. Talk about a waste of time.

Barndog
01-09-03, 03:12 AM
No problem Warren. Just make sure you take your finger off that pin slowly....

USMC0311
01-19-03, 11:15 AM
Paulie, Martin, Bill Hesse, Billy Joe, Marty Jr, Budda Doc, Big Doc, and Dane Brown were at the Brothers of Nam Statue at 0830. We left there with four other bro's. Two Army medics, one Popasmoke bro, and one 1st Force recon bro. THAT IS ALL !!!

Thank You and the other Patriots that covered our Memorials and stood up for Our Fallen Brothers Memorials.

I seen the Protesters on C-Span and MSN yesterday, it looks like a Black/Martin Luther King/Muslim/Pakistan thing Mostly. Unorganized compared to The 60's and very ambiguous as to their true reason for protesting. I think they are infiltrated with groups that have very differing agendas.

To ALL you people that missed the movement:
Sayin ya will and ya don't is a........hey You think about it.

Thank You Corps Grunts For doing the Honors.

Thank All of You that were their in Spirit.
Semper Fidelis

Barndog
01-19-03, 11:39 AM
Offering NO EXCUSES. Broke, sicker than hell from this new medication I'm shootin up.

Well Brother Joe - If 'Azzholio' makes it next week (er subject to TAD change) as per SOP, he has his Honor to do as we pleases with regards to my Honor.

I'll take it like a Marine. No Excuses.

USMC0311
01-19-03, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Barndog
Offering NO EXCUSES. Broke, sicker than hell from this new medication I'm shootin up.

Well Brother Joe - If 'Azzholio' makes it next week (er subject to TAD change) as per SOP, he has his Honor to do as we pleases with regards to my Honor.

I'll take it like a Marine. No Excuses.

I ain't sayin nuthin bout the People that stayed Home....except the ONES that said they was gonna be there.

ALL IN ALL The Honor Falls to Dane and His Squad.

Semper Fidelis, Tony. I know you are a Outstanding Marine Bro.