PDA

View Full Version : How are the "favorites" chosen in boot camp?

Felio
07-08-06, 02:44 AM
I am a veteran who had a very short career in the Marines. The reason I was discharged is that I am permanently crippled by a rare bone condition, likely brought on by tough treatment when I was in...

criggleman
07-08-06, 06:29 AM
Just another as*hole trying to take a crap on the Corps. Get over it and move on!!

GunnyL
07-08-06, 08:16 AM
You have some seious issues! (Mental Issues). Sorry to hear about your "Bone Disorder" but don't come back and try and blame it on the Marine Corps and your"" treatment in Boot Camp.
Snap out of your little fantasy world and get on with your life.

GunnyL

Top_S
07-08-06, 08:50 AM
The DI's see one of two things for their 'favorites':
A potential gung-ho, hard-chargin, credit to the Corps
OR
A complete waste of their time and effort spent on some whiney mama's boy that at some point will probably endanger MARINES and waste taxpayer dollars.

Zulu 36
07-08-06, 08:51 AM
How unusual for a rare bone condition to magically appear after some "rough treatment" over a short period of time. I have a not so rare bone condition, but it took a number of years abusing my body physically to get it (most folks call it arthritis).

Favorites. I dunno. I guess I was a "favorite" as I was meritoriously promoted to PFC when I graduated. But the loving attention I got during boot camp was certainly payment in full for the stripe.

Every guy that was meritioriously promoted was ridden harder than almost any one in the platoon, except for "Slimey Worm" perhaps. HE could have a rare bone condition as a result of boot camp and I would believe it.

:evilgrin::evilgrin:
:cry:

10thzodiac
07-08-06, 04:23 PM
I was detailed to assist at a football game with the Jr. DI, the Marines against the San Diego Chargers (I believe), got to rub elbows a little bit with him, he never gave me any special treatment...

jerryk
07-08-06, 04:59 PM
talk about some one that is blameing the corps for him being a mommys boy and takes it on the corps a ,guess next he going to ask why the govt aint giving him money cause he was abused in boot camp,course he may they like them kind to give them 100%

Felio
07-08-06, 09:45 PM
I had no idea so many Marines were also doctors. Doctors who know more than the ones I have seen, no less.

I guess this is how we treat our own now. I feel no malice toward the Corps. I have no intention to sue or anything absurd like that, despite my family's urgings.

It's just something that happened to me. It wasn't intentional by anyone. It would just help if I knew if there were a purpose behind it.

marinegreen
07-08-06, 10:47 PM
how long were you in after boot camp? what makes you think it was the treatment that you got that 1000's before you got? where was you stationed after boot ? who told you that this was maybe created because of boot camp treatment ? have you gotten 2nd and 3rd opinions from doc's and did anyone of them say it was brought on by boot camp? alot of what if's, how comes,why fors in your ?

Felio
07-08-06, 11:04 PM
Every single doctor I've seen, as a matter of fact. Including ones at military hospitals. I see no reason to divulge specifics and private information, given that my question was a very simple one.

If somebody doesn't want to believe me, they won't. Either they'll say I'm lying about the whole thing, or they won't. Simple as that. I don't know who some people here think they are to presume I'll be wounded by their words.

greensideout
07-08-06, 11:11 PM
Felio, just step up and tell us about yourself. Marinegreen asked the questions but you did not respond. Why do I think that you are pi$$ing on my boots and telling me it's a rain storm?

marinegreen
07-08-06, 11:16 PM
R U recieving veterans disability ? What it boils down too is why worry about how they pic favs, its not gonna change your condition is it ? I seriously doubt you were beaten bloody, so what you might have had to do a extra bends and whoopie or 8 count pushups,its all about getting some into shape.I remember guys who couldnt do 3 sit-ups and were made to do extra. We all feel for your condition,hell I to suffer with bone and joint problems(disability) but I dont blame it on boot camp,not even close.I could blame my knees on the Marine Corps for all the 3,4,5 and a few 10 mile runs I had to do.Good Luck to you !!!

greensideout
07-08-06, 11:33 PM
Marinegreen, looks like he jumped ship. I dought that he was ever a Marine. A recruit maybe but I would even question that.

marinegreen
07-08-06, 11:58 PM
Marinegreen, looks like he jumped ship. I dought that he was ever a Marine. A recruit maybe but I would even question that.

My sentiments exactly GSO !! I was reading between the lines and wasnt buying into it,he didnt want to answer basic ?'s, sounds to me like he wanted to use it against our beloved Marine Corps !!! Maybe the race card or something, who knows. SF

outlaw3179
07-09-06, 12:26 AM
fly sh*tbird fly

WalkingMan
07-09-06, 06:02 AM
What is the name of the 'rare bone condition' you are referring to? Without knowing this, it is impossible to have any idea whether or not the statement you make, that there is a high probability...

10thzodiac
07-09-06, 11:49 AM
Early on in boot camp we had a series race, platoon against platoon around the grinder by the San Diego airport. One of our guys fell down and the Jr. DI was kicking the sh*t out of him unmercifully to get up and run as he was pleading he couldn't, his friend who joined the Corps with him that was along side me, said his friend withheld that his legs were bad from an automobile accident when he joined. He had broken both his legs on that run and we never saw him again.

During a routine eye exam at the VA in 2003 I had my left eye injured (extreme pain) by a hotshot student doctor at the VA practicing a procedure that was not warranted and really pis*ed me off. I contacted a high power attorney and others about a lawsuit against the Federal Government. I was told, One is that I can still see OK, two if I should prevail my share would be zip, that there is no malpractice involved.

Needless to say I haven't gone back to the VA eye doctors anymore, I do for everything else at the VA and it is pretty good and getting better.

Catch 22 or and eye for an eye!

MillRatUSMC
07-09-06, 01:44 PM
I sit here thinking...we're replying to a post or message by someone, who has no profile...I have no way of knowing what gender this person is...
Than I think through some mist around my eyes dued to just having read about Staff Sgt. Raymond Plouhar USMC and his death in Iraq.
Favorites?
Or wheating out the birds, that will never fit in either in the Corps or life.
Please forgive me, but I just can get worked up in your problem or problems.
When one my brothers has died in Iraq.
Mean-spirited?
Its just trying to balance your status against Staff Sgt. Raymond Plouhar USMC.
I might get misty eyed over his death, but I just can't get any feeling for your problem or problems...

criggleman
07-09-06, 02:24 PM
Now go and cry to someone else, Felio. We've had enough of people trying drag down our beloved Corps. I don't think you ever made it out of boot, you have to graduate to be called a Marine.

Felio
07-09-06, 09:03 PM
I did graduate.

It's a service connected disability.

I didn't want to post anything personally identifiable when I'm so unpopular here. Nor was it required for you to answer my question.

It looks like you guys don't know the answer anyway.

As I said earlier, I fully expect none of you to believe me at this point anyway, so it doesn't matter what I say.

As for Iraq, if it were up to me, I'd have been there. I am sorry for your loss. I would truly trade places with him if I could.

Maybe I've been evasive because I am ashamed. There is no honor in being crippled before making much of a contribution, even if I came by it honestly.

10thzodiac
07-09-06, 09:25 PM
I did graduate.

I didn't want to post anything personally identifiable when I'm so unpopular here. Nor was it required for you to answer my question.

As I said earlier, I fully expect none of you to believe me at this point anyway, so it doesn't matter what I say.

As for Iraq, if it were up to me, I'd have been there. I am sorry for your loss. I would truly trade places with him if I could.

Maybe I've been evasive because I am ashamed. There is no honor in being crippled before making much of a contribution, even if I came by it honestly.

Good luck Marine!

Semper Fidelis

greensideout
07-09-06, 10:35 PM
Felio, why should we think that you are a Marine?
You have never told us where you went to boot or when. What were the units you served with? When did you serve?
Basic questions, nothing personal about them. If you really are a Marine then you know how to sound off.
You got a "Bone Condition" from being leaned on in boot? I laugh at that one.

marinegreen
07-10-06, 05:36 AM
Felio, some good advice,fill out your Marine bio as it only takes a few mins. Dont get so defensive when us old salts ? your Marine background,red flags pop up all over. If your Military career is over with why in the fuq would you give a rats arse if the DI's have fav's or not and do they get punished more,(its called Marine Corps conditioning) You have gone about this site all wrong and thats why your recieving repucussions.Why is this such a fuqing priority to you ? Now unless you dont want to act like the rest of the family, fill out your bio and be more respectful to the old salts I suggest you get to stepping.And one very,very important thing,why feel ashamed of a condition that you had no idea knowing you were gonna get or wanted,Its called life son, and its a *****, But you make the BEST of it however many breaths you got left to take.

USMCATCVET
07-10-06, 09:44 AM
I want the truth

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

I'm sorry I couldn't resist ;)

WalkingMan
07-10-06, 10:19 AM
I did graduate.

If you read my previous contribution to this thread, you might have noticed that I did not criticise you, but instead requested that you fill in some of the blanks.

Filling in the 'Profile' page, as someone suggested, is also a good idea.

If I were to post a message in which I refused to disclose my identity, but claimed to be a US Marine, then claimed that I was permanently disabled in boot camp, as a direct result of being singled out for 'special treatment', but refused to disclose the name of the disabling injury, treating physician, etc... I would expect that my story would be met with a high degree of skepticism.

If you fill in your 'Profile' page, and identify yourself in a manner that can be corroborated... like the rest of us... then individuals on the Forum will have no choice, except to accept you for who you really are.

This is no guarantee that they will all like you, or respect you, but then... we are a bunch of Marines, and Marines are famous for their orneriness, and outspokenness.

If you served, and have a service-connected disability, you are a Marine for Life, and nothing to be ashamed of.

Like I said in my last post, look for another way, to serve Corps and Country. I'm a Viet Nam veteran, and too old and decrepit (stroke survivour) to serve in combat, but I am not too old and decrepit to find small ways to serve Corps and Country, and never will be, as long as I am alive, and can still tink, and act.

Attitude is Everything.

Marine84
07-10-06, 10:57 AM
he went to go "make peace with his destiny" ya'll.....................I guess now we know why he was a "favorite"

recon532002
07-10-06, 10:59 AM
Sorry partner no Empathy here. Stop pointing fingers and look inward there lies the problem.
RECON

GySgtRet
07-10-06, 11:02 AM
If you were a Marine be proud of that fact. If not get off the forums you clogging it up. We had no favorites when I went through recruit training. The Drill Instructors hated all of us equally. This was before Euqal Opportunity. So you must have been a SSgt atleast....?? Oh we don't know that because you haven't told us and you probably won't. Dude you are a mistery, or maybe you are a wannabe, we will never know because you haven't told us anything about who you are. So far all I see is that you are whinning alot.

:mad:

Felio
07-10-06, 12:45 PM
So be it. Go here:

https://www.nexnet.navy.mil/pls/nexauth/nexauth.wg_login_proc?p_app_id=9021

You can only log in if you are a Marine or former Marine.

Observe:

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=434506
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=434507

Anyone with a basic understanding of command structure can make up what units he served with. Not everyone has the right to buy and wear the uniform.

Marine84
07-10-06, 03:36 PM
you can buy uniforms on Ebay even.................what's your point?

So far we're ALL getting the impression that you were picked as a "favorite" because of your attitude. Prove us wrong - tell us your story....................if you dare.

Felio
07-10-06, 03:43 PM
You're a slow one, aren't you?

The link is a military (.mil) website with a secure login. I think you need to reread the post.

criggleman
07-10-06, 04:11 PM
I did graduate.

Graduating from Kindergarden doesn't count.

rktect3j
07-10-06, 04:18 PM
This thread has gone the way of the dodo. I've waited for some time to post on this one. I could see it getting shot down from the get go. It was just poorly put together.

My answer.

We didn't have any favorites per say in my platoon. That isn't to say certain recruits didn't get extra attention from the DI's. They did. Over and over. It was the recruits that always seemed to need something gone over with them more then the average recruit. Always one step behind. Not that they couldn't do it in the end but that the DI's had to go over it several more times then what they deemed necessary. But the DI's were always there for them in the end. Tried their best to get the recruits through.

It seems that you got through Felio. Somewhere a long the line you ended up with an injury. Schiat happens. You are going to have suck it up for the rest of your life. SHouldn't be a problem as there is nothing else can be done.

Good luck.

Pialphamu
07-10-06, 04:25 PM
<TABLE cellPadding=1 width="65%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>Which catagory do you fall under, Felio? Just wondering.
To access this web site you must first be authenticated as an authorized user.

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Authorized users are:</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ACTIVE duty
Reserve
Retired
Reserve retiree
National Guard
Academy student

poulter
07-10-06, 04:29 PM
I think every recruit that goes through boot camp suffers some kind of injury. But just like every MARINE or DI would tell you '' SUCK IT UP''. I spent a year and a half in the Corps and six months...

marinegreen
07-10-06, 04:41 PM
To my Band

marinegreen
07-10-06, 04:47 PM
Time to wash our hands of this maggot, he's wasting our space !!

Felio
07-10-06, 04:54 PM
<TABLE cellPadding=1 width="65%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>Which catagory do you fall under, Felio? Just wondering.
To access this web site you must first be authenticated as an authorized user.

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Authorized users are:</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ACTIVE duty
Reserve
Retired
Reserve retiree
National Guard
Academy student

Retired.

criggleman
07-10-06, 04:57 PM
Yea, RIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pialphamu
07-10-06, 04:58 PM
I thought you were only in for a short time? Does a medical discharge entitle us to any thing of that sort? I was told no.

criggleman
07-10-06, 05:00 PM
He's full of sh*t.

Camper51
07-10-06, 05:21 PM
Some of you have gotten off track. The original request was for how &quot;favorites&quot; were picked out in boot camp. <br />
<br />
This Marine has now stated that he is MEDICALLY retired due to some kind of bone...

marinegreen
07-10-06, 05:43 PM
Hey Camp, we didnt ask for a complete fuqing history of him, just asked him to fill out his bio, be a part of the family, and as you know we would have been more then H-A-P-P-Y to answer his ? As you can see he's more or less dodging some easy ?'s and why would we want to go to another site to find out about him when he can damn sure post it here amongst his so called bro's/sister's. And to top it all off,what the FUQ DIFFERNECE DOES IT MAKE if the DI's have fav's or not, he's supposedly out on disability so he should go on about his life and not worry who's liked more, all he-pups and she-pups are hated in boot camp.Some are given more conditioning then others for a reason as you know this as well as the rest of us.SF

Felio
07-10-06, 05:44 PM
Thank you, Camper51. It took courage to say that. <br />
<br />
And yes, there is such a thing as &quot;medically retired.&quot; Being Marines, I thought you understood the process. Here's how it works: <br />
<br />
A doctor...

His_angel
07-10-06, 06:34 PM
Favorites? Ah heck. I think they took turns for the most part. I know I took my fair share in the beginning. Me and Bowlin. We'd stand across from eachother in the squad bay and make faces at each other trying to make each other laugh or anything that would break the other.

Another example? First meal at boot. I'm the shortest so I'm in the back of the line. Being one of 7 in our house growing up, sometimes it was eat fast or have to fix something after dinner. So I could eat fast. Last one in and first one out. So everyone had to do pushups {except me} for eating too slow. Next meal I was put in the front of the line. I tried to slow down and finish with everyone else. They were trying to shovel it in faster. We all did pushups for being too slow. I did more pushups though because I had slowed down. Them DI's sure were quick to notice.

We had one recruit who was slow at everything!! She needed help when it came to studying knowledge, practice snapping in, ironing, polishing boots and brass. I remember more than once all of us being in the sand pit, on the quarterdeck, and a wide range of pt for not helping her enough. Other times it was her by herself being turned into a sugar cookie or doing the pushups. I did hear that after boot she ended up being an outstanding Marine.

I was really a "favorite" {not} after getting recycled for rifle range. Though before long I was able to qual and further prove myself. Ended up being a squad leader. Being a squad leader meant if someone in my squad fudged up then I was there next to em whatever the punishment.

It's history though. I think everyone had their turn. Maybe some moreso than others. Guess it all depends on how each person did or didn't handle it? I was never a DI and certainly not your DI. And you'll probably never know for sure without talking to someone who was one of your DI's.

Angel

JimmyMoon
07-10-06, 06:35 PM
This is my first post, Lcpl of 1/25 Bravo (reserve, activated for INI staff right now)

First off, to answer your question, which seems to be asked because of denial of how you were acting during boot camp (and now you're seeking reassurance about your performance), DI's pick you as the favorite either because you are ****-hot, or a ****bag. Nowhere in between. DI's don't hae any reason to hate a recruit, they've seen all kinds of people in boot. They are just trying to run a good platoon of recruits that will graduate boot camp with the skills to be successful in the fleet. I'm telling you this and I was probably the most "favorite" out of all the recruits in my platoon. And I'm OK with that, and I understand why, because I had a bad attitude during boot camp. That's cool with me, I still graduated boot camp and got through all my successive training. Think back to boot camp: Were you a guide, or squad leader? No? Then it's probably because of something you were doing.

Secondly, I don't think you actually graduated boot camp. People in the fleet get over their boot camp hangups (if any) real quick once they run into all of the real problems that being a Marine brings with it. Why don't you give some general information about your service and then I'll bet everyone will get off your ass.

criggleman
07-10-06, 06:37 PM
Oh Damn I just I need to shut up and go away, Camper 51 has spoken. Not a chance, I still think he's a whinny piece of **** and you can have him in your foxhole.

Pialphamu
07-10-06, 06:42 PM
And yes, there is such a thing as "medically retired." Being Marines, I thought you understood the process.
Being a Marine you should know that we are like mushrooms...fed lots of sh!t and kept in the dark! LOL I am a disabled vet. and was never told anything but, "see ya!" LOL;)

10thzodiac
07-10-06, 08:17 PM
A couple of Marines I knew had dischargeable medical problems, but they were determined to finish the hitch if they could. Never met any to the contrary in four years and nine months. It sounds like...

Felio
07-11-06, 06:03 AM
People in the fleet get over their boot camp hangups (if any) real quick...

Most Marines aren't disabled by their "boot camp hangups."

I assure you, I was singled out by both my SDI and Series Commander for heart and valor on more than one occasion. I believe your theory to be inaccurate.

Oh Damn I just I need to shut up and go away, Camper 51 has spoken. Not a chance, I still think he's a whinny piece of **** and you can have him in your foxhole.

I am more Marine than you will ever be.

I find you arrogant, sarcastic, immature, selfish, self-righteous, and cowardly. It's a shame there is so little precedent for holding recruits back for failing to learn the values of the Corps. Your attitude and composure is a disgrace to the uniform.

criggleman
07-11-06, 06:27 AM
Feel free to look me up, and I'll show you a coward. I'm in the book.

Zulu 36
07-11-06, 06:53 AM
Dem's fightin' words, pilgrim.

But seriously, in the immortal words of an infamous person, "Can't we all just get along?"

Felio, lets just agree to disagree that your posts have not presented yourself in a good light. If you were in the Marine Corps, you are coming across as whiny and snivelly. That never goes over well with Marines.

However, some of your posts are not well "constructed," shall we say, to present your bona fides in a good light. In other words, you make yourself sound like a wannabe or other poseur and not the real thing.

Its time for you to fold your tent and steal away quietly into the night.

Marine84
07-11-06, 07:57 AM
No Felio - I'm not the slow one - you just think I am. You can buy uniforms on Ebay so your little link doesn't prove squat to me. You could have used ANYBODY'S SSN to get in.

Why don't you just answer the questions that have been thrown at you? You haven't proven anybody wrong about you yet. You come in here and expect us NOT to ask quetions - you tell a one sided story trying to get anybody to say "it's OK babe" - then you get mad when you don't hear what you want to. If you're truely a Marine (as you claim) then you already know how we are. Granted you just asked a question when you came in here but, if you didn't expect some of us to run off in the other direction, you wouldn't have offered the little bit of info about yourself that you did to make that happen.

We already KNOW why you were "picked on" - do you need to hear more? And you got balls the size of TX coming in here and telling somebody that DID make it all the way through that you're more of a Marine than he is - if criggleman lived near you I'm sure he would show you how much MORE of a Marine he is than you.

ggyoung
07-11-06, 01:50 PM
Why don't everybody just forget this thing now before people on both sides get there feelings hurt. I'm not on anybodys side on this thing. I belive it has gone to far. Please forgive my spelling.

Pialphamu
07-11-06, 02:12 PM
Why don't everybody just forget this thing now before people on both sides get there feelings hurt.

I agree. I rarely put my personal information out there because people will use things against you. This is supposed to be a safe place to air your feelings and questions. A person should not get attacked for asking a question everyone thinks is dumb or may have been asked many times before we got here. We don't know until we ask. I have been in his shoes on this site myself. Maybe he just did not ask it the right way or maybe the other half is right but what ever it is, it needs to end with a round of beer for everyone. The brotherhood sticks together. Family is forever.:beer:

10thzodiac
07-11-06, 02:23 PM
I agree. I rarely put my personal information out there because people will use things against you. This is supposed to be a safe place to air your feelings and questions. A person should not get attacked for asking a question everyone thinks is dumb or may have been asked many times before we got here. We don't know until we ask. I have been in his shoes on this site myself. Maybe he just did not ask it the right way or maybe the other half is right but what ever it is, it needs to end with a round of beer for everyone. The brotherhood sticks together. Family is forever.:beer:

It is no fun being in those shoes (experience), where's the beer?

:thumbup:

Pialphamu
07-11-06, 02:32 PM
It is no fun being in those shoes (experience), where's the beer?

:beer: :beer: :beer: Here you go sweetie!! LOL

Osotogary
07-11-06, 03:06 PM
I agree that it is beer time with a chaser. <br />
Felio- <br />
Briefly, I was discharged for an EPTS (existing prior to service) malady that I was frankly, unaware of at the time (asthma). Was I pizzed off...

rktect3j
07-11-06, 03:08 PM
:beer:

criggleman
07-11-06, 05:02 PM
First of all yes I am arrogant <br />
<br />
Arrogant: Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others: an arrogant contempt for the weak. See Synonyms at proud. :p <br />

Roycrew
07-11-06, 05:39 PM
well....From what I've read I assume this....Felio might have been in boot camp and either there or quickly after was discharged... It sounds like he never really became a Marine. Unfortunately some...

rktect3j
07-11-06, 06:33 PM
Roycrew,

I'll half agree with you on this point. There are Marines, and then there are Fleet Marines. Still, when you graduate from boot camp you ARE a Marine. Doesn't matter how hard or easy you "think" it was or that rules changed. After all, it is what a Marine does. We improvise, overcome, and adapt.

Semper Fi

10thzodiac
07-11-06, 07:14 PM
Now, where the hellsbells is the beer, or do I have to buy again. LOL

Hells Bells is Ole Gimlet Eye's line! And not a bad one either, SF!

The thing I like about "Leatherneck.com" it is owned and operated by Marines. It isn't a site owned by some hidden entity, like one I use to belong too. One claiming to be for "Marines Only!" Only to find out by some detective work on my part it was owned by non-military multi-millionaire oilman civilian living in Beverly Hills, California in a 3.5 to 4 million dollar home, claiming his site is for "Marines Only" and not being one himself! In my opinion and experience your free speech at that site was limited to "conservatism only" enforced by an organized gang of volunteers that would put you in your place or attack you personally every time you posted and forbid you to post on their threads.

I seen a highly decorated Vietnam corpsman being called a "traitor" and belittled because he belonged to the VVAW. This conduct is tolerated by the oilman's moderators who come off as if that site was theirs alone, an active Marine Major and retired Marine Sergeant Major.

I'm sure you don't want that here!

:iwo: :flag: :usmc:

marinegreen
07-11-06, 07:28 PM
tora ! Tora ! Tora ! Sf

Pialphamu
07-11-06, 07:53 PM
I'm sure you don't want that here!

You always have a way with words. I am glad I don't know what that site is!:beer: I only go to one other Marine discussion board and they are not as lively as this one! LOL;)

Marine84
07-11-06, 08:28 PM
I know that's right - heaven help us if we were to ever be in the same room drinking together...................whew!

Pialphamu
07-11-06, 08:36 PM
I know that's right - heaven help us if we were to ever be in the same room drinking together...................whew!

I am sure we all would be kicked out of a bar so it would have to be a private party!! LOL :beer:

WalkingMan
07-12-06, 06:15 AM
No Felio - I'm not the slow one - you just think I am. You can buy uniforms on Ebay so your little link doesn't prove squat to me.

Yep... in June, I bought 5 pairs of military issue boots (I do a LOT of walking) ...some for every type of weather, three USMC wooly-pulley sweaters, a pair of Gore-Tex parkas, and some other assorted stuff like the heavy winter gloves, and the nice boot socks with the anti-fungal soles.

It was all amazingly inexpensive, too.

CAS3
07-12-06, 08:36 AM
Early on in boot camp we had a series race, platoon against platoon around the grinder by the San Diego airport. One of our guys fell down and the Jr. DI was kicking the sh*t out of him unmercifully to get up and run as he was pleading he couldn't, his friend who joined the Corps with him that was along side me, said his friend withheld that his legs were bad from an automobile accident when he joined. He had broken both his legs on that run and we never saw him again.

During a routine eye exam at the VA in 2003 I had my left eye injured (extreme pain) by a hotshot student doctor at the VA practicing a procedure that was not warranted and really pis*ed me off. I contacted a high power attorney and others about a lawsuit against the Federal Government. I was told, One is that I can still see OK, two if I should prevail my share would be zip, that there is no malpractice involved.

Needless to say I haven't gone back to the VA eye doctors anymore, I do for everything else at the VA and it is pretty good and getting better.

Catch 22 or and eye for an eye!

The VA has what is called an 1151 claim. You could file for that...ask a vet service rep about it.

David Jameson
07-12-06, 11:23 AM
I think miss bone problem has a head problem,and a smart ass problem.
On one of his many visits to the doctor he might want to get his p---y checked.Sorry people.His tone only begs me for it.

Marine84
07-12-06, 12:03 PM
LOL David!

10thzodiac
07-12-06, 08:38 PM
Riddick Lamont Bowe

Former undisputed heavyweight champion

Quits Marines after 3 days in boot camp!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:yWasgyibzf2DgM:home.swipnet.se/~w-53377/bowe.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://home.swipnet.se/~w-53377/bowe.jpg&imgrefurl=http://home.swipnet.se/~w-53377/daboxare.html&h=299&w=200&sz=8&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=yWasgyibzf2DgM:&tbnh=111&tbnw=74&prev=/images%3Fq%3DRiddick%2BBowe%2B%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3 Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG)

<TABLE class=infobox style="FONT-SIZE: 95%; TEXT-ALIGN: left"><TBODY><TR><TH style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d0d0d0; TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=2>Boxing record</TH></TR><TR><TH>Total fights</TH><TD>44</TD></TR><TR><TH>Wins</TH><TD>42</TD></TR><TR><TH>Wins by KO</TH><TD>33</TD></TR><TR><TH>Losses</TH><TD>1</TD></TR><TR><TH>Draws</TH><TD>0</TD></TR><TR><TH>No contests</TH><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>