PDA

View Full Version : Almost Goodbye

ribbons16
07-07-06, 06:58 PM
So today my recruiter called me up and told me to come in and he told me that I had the opportunity to leave this monday. Its the date I really wanted and I wanted it so bad. I was gonna take it, but I had to talk to my mom at first. When I talked to her I realized I couldn't because she has been under so much pressure right now with all the various things going in her life and me leaving woud just be too much. It tore me up both ways, but it would hurt me more to put her in that state. So I'm still going my original date, but I had my chance. I guess everything is for the better and its not like I have that much more time to wait anyways.

AmyG
07-07-06, 07:04 PM
It seems like gals every'where was offered the chance to live the 10th instead of the 24th. I got it, too, but also said no. Dad and I had planned a trip from the 10th - 14th, and I wasn't going to cancel it. The Marines will still be there the 24th...lol. And once I'm in, there isn't any lookin' back, just straight ahead, so I'm makin' good use of family time before I become part of another!

Only 17 more days to go! Yee-haaaaw!!!

marinegreen
07-07-06, 07:16 PM
Signs of GOOD Character there future shepups. Your decisions are supported from us Old Salts.

Mama
07-07-06, 07:38 PM
Well thought out...and very caring of you to realize how important family is while they're around...
G-d bless you both!

Shadowman777
07-07-06, 11:12 PM
So today my recruiter called me up and told me to come in and he told me that I had the opportunity to leave this monday. Its the date I really wanted and I wanted it so bad. I was gonna take it, but I had to talk to my mom at first. When I talked to her I realized I couldn't because she has been under so much pressure right now with all the various things going in her life and me leaving woud just be too much. It tore me up both ways, but it would hurt me more to put her in that state. So I'm still going my original date, but I had my chance. I guess everything is for the better and its not like I have that much more time to wait anyways.

Hi Becca -

Expect the same amount of stress when it does come time to leave on your original date. It's a "Parental Thing" - trust me. You have to do what you have to do - likewise your folks will do what they have to do - lol!

They will be fine, really. Just tell them make sure they write!

Lithium
07-08-06, 07:03 PM
well good luck when you do go!

Pialphamu
07-08-06, 08:46 PM
I am so proud of you girls. Make us even more proud after you claim the title! Remember you represent all of us especially us girls!! Good luck. You will do great as long as you don't take anything personally. It is just a lot of mind games to get you ready to be able to take anything anyone throws at you.:banana:

LittleDevilDog
07-09-06, 09:59 AM
Well thought out decision, atleast in my opinion!

Like marinegreen said, that shows alot of good character right there.