PDA

View Full Version : Float in The Greeley Independence Parade

003XXMarineDAD
07-05-06, 09:47 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1660438/posts
To those that have heard My wife and I do a Float showing support for the troops every year in our local parade. Here is a link to see photos and a write up on the float.:)

marinegreen
07-05-06, 11:35 PM
Most EXXXXXXCELLENT JOB Mr. & Mrs. Parrish, the MARINE GODS are ~smiling ~ down on you !!! SF

Mama
07-06-06, 01:01 AM
That float is just awesome!!!!

What a touching tribute to our troops!!:thumbup:

jinelson
07-06-06, 03:27 AM
Fervor leaps high for troops, Fourth
By Jeffrey Leib and Christopher N. Osher
Denver Post Staff Writers

Greeley CO- The Greeley Stampede's annual Independence Day parade had special meaning for Julie MacKenzie of nearby Evans. It was the first Fourth of July since the death of her 20-year-old son Tyler in Iraq last November. "It's a little tough," MacKenzie said, her eyes welling with tears. Pfc. Tyler MacKenzie was killed by a roadside bomb Nov. 2, five days before his 21st birthday. On Tuesday, MacKenzie rode on a parade float filled with relatives of troops who had served or are serving in Iraq. From the canopied trailer, she filmed the crowd that lined 10th Avenue, cheering the military families and their message of support for the troops. MacKenzie planned to send copies of the parade film to Tyler's comrades and other troops in Iraq. The float was adorned with photographs of soldiers and Marines from throughout northern Colorado who are serving in Iraq, and with professional-quality photos of Iraqi citizens taken by Victor Parrish, a young Marine from LaSalle who is stationed in the war zone. Victor's father Dale rode on the float, as did Jeff DiCamillo of Greeley, whose son, Tony, also is a Marine serving in Iraq. Tony recently called home to wish his family a "Happy Fourth," Jeff DiCamillo said. "I said, 'Thanks for defending our right to celebrate the Fourth.' " Of the war in Iraq, Julie MacKenzie said: "I support it totally." When President Bush attended a political fundraiser late last year in Denver, Mac Kenzie and other members of her family got a private, 20-minute audience with him. "I asked him not to pull the troops out. He promised me we would not pull out before it's done," she said. For four generations of the Conger family, the Fourth of July parade, which Stampede organizers claim is the nation's largest, had something for everyone. "I liked the cheerleaders," said 5-year-old Sierra Conger, who was visiting from St. Augustine, Fla., with her parents. All of them, including Sierra's grandmother, had come to visit the family's matriarch, Florence "Flossie" Conger, the girl's great-grandmother.

Nice job Dale and Debbie its so nice to see things reported accurately for a change. Wait until Victor and Tony see there names in the Denver Post man I can see those shot eating grins now. For the Marines that dont know them Pfc Victor Parrish and Pfc Tony Di Camillo they are both Leatherneck.com members and spent their time here as Poolees known to us in Poolee Hall as the grasshopper brothers. Well Done Marine Family!

jinelson
07-06-06, 03:59 AM
Just as a Marine side note I wanted to point out that although the float represents support for all branches its the Marines and Poolees of RSS Evans that proudly march along side the float as color guards. For the salts the Poolees are all wearing their issued red tee shirts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/FourthofJulyParade078.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/FourthofJulyParade061.jpg

yellowwing
07-06-06, 07:48 AM
Motivating float!