PDA

View Full Version : Hope you all had a nice Christmas what you all do ??

DawnMarie
12-25-02, 11:31 PM
I opened presents ,got a lot of clothes i needed it im gettin fat :(
( ill lose it after new years .. ) i got 4 new blades , and alot of Marine Corps stuff caps , shirts , and a jacket hehe i think my mom is giving me hints lol ..

I Had a nice Christmas what about you'll ?

Jellybean

firstsgtmike
12-26-02, 06:02 AM
Thank you. I needed a place to post this, because I thought it was cute.

We had a beach party on Christmas day, other expats and I. No, we all *****ed about missing a "white" Christmas.

An ice cream vender passed by. My two year old went to him to place his order. The vender, naturally, asked where his money was.

My two year old bit himself on the arm.

(The teeth marks represent a coin. Here, 1 or 5 pesos.)

We both learned a lesson today. A bite on the arm earns/costs five pesos. The price of an ice candy bar.

It p*sses me off, how much I can learn from a two year old.

l

SHOOTER1
12-26-02, 02:09 PM
Wish id have known that in Nam, could have saved my Ps for beer stead of the skivvy houses.

DawnMarie
12-26-02, 06:47 PM
lol , ahhaha , We can learn form the littles ones these days

skivvy houses ?? whats that ?? humm think like shooter .. lol , eww perve lol , hhahahahha jk

Wheres my present ?

Jellybean

firstsgtmike
12-26-02, 10:56 PM
Lady,

You're here by sufference. Until and unless you earn the right to wear the EGA, sit back, relax, watch, learn, and listen.

Nothing personal. I don't mean it that way, please don't take it that way.

HOWEVER, if you insist, be prepared to bend over and grasp your ankles.

DawnMarie
12-26-02, 11:52 PM
grabs ankles !!
jk

will Marines bought me the presents that have EGA on it :)

wrbones
12-27-02, 12:44 AM
We don't really know ya yet, darlin. Ya seem like a good young woman.

Ya might think about holdin' back fer a bit til we become more comfortable with yer style. Nothin' wrong with it,really. We just ain't used to it.

Thing ya gotta keep in mind, is that most of the folks who are active here are Marines.

Some of these folks are WWII vets, Korean War vets, ( yes, many of the Korean War vets we have here were with Chesty at Chosen), Viet Nam Vets and veterans of Beiruit, Tehran, Grenada, the Gulf War, Kosovo and a host of other "minor" actions around the globe. Almost all of us here have personally known several Marines who have died in service to this Nation. Many of us here are scarred in different ways from our service. Many of us here have been disabled in the line of duty.

These things are not history to us, but real. We have lived them. We do not forget.

There is much to learn on leatherneck.com. Lots of knowledge, wisdom and experience are present here. Many of these men are well educated and are very successful in civilian life as well. We have Ph.D's to skilled laborers, business owners to maintenance men. Great-grandparents to folks like you here. We have active duty Generals and PFC's on this site. Some of them may well be working beside you one day if you become a Marine. Our community is a small one. There were 172,500 Marines listed for active duty this fiscal year. A small city. If one Marine doesn't know you, he probably will know who has trained you. Many of the "former" Marines here still keep in touch with the folks they knew who are still on active duty. Word gets around.

It is our hope that folks like you will take advantage of our knowledge and experience to improve yourselves, to improve your chances for success in the Marine Corps, and to become better Marines because of our efforts. It is an awesome legacy that you have chosen to follow. It is not to be taken lightly, nor are the men and women here to be taken lightly in any way.

We are more than willing to have a bit of fun and to tease and to joke with you and others. You might give us an opportunity to come to know you first. To see how you think, and how you approach things. Thus far, you have irritated a few folks, however unintentionally or innocent your motivations. We, as all humans do, respond much better to an initial show of respect and a certain amount of common courtesy.

It is good to be excited about joining the Marine Corps, but remember: It is no cakewalk, and anything that anyone can say to you here is nothing to what is coming IF you go to boot camp, let alone become a member of an expedtionary force of Marines.

I always recommend some reading for new folks like yerself. Most of what you need to know has been previously posted in the Poolee Hall and the Marine Mentor forums on this site. It should take you about a month to get through most of it. That month should give you a good start on the CMC's recommended reading list as well.

Others on this site may assign you some PT in addition to the reading I've given you! :D

Yer welcome to stay, darlin. But be aware. I haven't met a Marine yet who tolerated fools well!

The moderators here have a three strike policy with most or all of us discussing banning any party from the site. Because of this policy, we have far fewer 'firefights' than many other such sites. 'Flaming' people is definitely frowned upon here. Some few who pile up the smaller irritations on our membership over a period of time are often banned as well after serious consideration. We do not take our 'jobs' lightly.

I don't know if I could spell it out any better without writing a book! LOL ;)

Now, go on, have some fun, but learn something while yer here.

and don't ferget to say please and thank you once in awhile!

In addition....you really don't want to be grabbin' yer ankles around here, dear! We're Marines..not monks! ;)

DawnMarie
12-27-02, 04:22 AM
I SIR ,Thank you for the correction didnt mean to offend you sweetie , i hope i havent , id really like to get to know everyone on the site .. you seem to be my kind of people ..

I know alot of you have fought your battles through time and i may never now the feeling of being a hero , but i do respect all of you because of what you do an how you have lived, and what you have fought for ,so please dont take anything i say disrespectful , im sure i didnt mean for it to come out that way :(

i also go to a few other sites , and im learning from each one. i look at all of you as a teacher , everytime i do make amistake i have been corrected and i take it as a lesson ..
i learn fast so please give me time ..

thank you , Jellybean

SHOOTER1
12-27-02, 11:58 AM
bones, im going to have to have you write my posts, you say what i think, but it doesent come out as well, i need you to cover my 6 on this board. I sorta know how Dawn feels, its just when i was going in, (being a guy) i sorta downplayed how excited i was, so Dawn ,take heed of bones, he wont steer ya wrong,just remember the Old Bull and the Young Bull on the Hill, and slow down to a walk, youall will do nicley Jellybean