PDA

View Full Version : Heres To....

Barret
07-03-06, 10:38 PM
Here's To a Happy Fourth of July! I Think I speak for all of my fellow wannabes/poolees when I say let us have many, many more.:iwo:

And For all U.S Servicemembers, Past, Present, And Future, You are the ones that make this country free. You deserve all good fortune that you receive.

kovanfleet
07-04-06, 12:13 AM
God Bless America! happy 4th back at ya.

The Sandman
07-04-06, 06:49 AM
1.) Happy Independence Day
2.) Thank you to all of those that served and those who are serving us now to protect our freedoms.
3.) Poolies/Wannabe's - Take a moment today and remember those who came before us. Give a moment to ponder what it means to follow in their foot steps. Look at those you are celebrating with and take to heart what it means to be free and serve the purpose of giving that to the generation that follows us.

LittleDevilDog
07-04-06, 09:25 AM
In the midst of all the BBQ's, swimming, and snuggling under the sky, lighted by the fireworks overheard, remember men and women who've faught, many dieing for your right to eat that Hotdog off the grill, to jump into that swimming pool, and to hold the one you love under the night's sky filled with fireworks.

They did it for you, remember them...

Happy 4th of July everyone!

AmyG
07-05-06, 04:40 PM
I didn't do much yesterday, except paint the shed and light a firework, so I did some thinking about the Fourth and when it originated, and here's what I came up with.

July 4, 2006

A set of explosions ripped loud in the night
As partying neighbors gave cheers of delight.
I wanted to join them and have fun myself,
But I turned my thoughts to some books on the shelf.

The first is a Bible that I've had for years.
It tells of the One Who can calm all my fears;
Who's death gave me freedom from Satan and sin;
Who's life gives me comfort and joy deep within.

The second tells stories of heroes we know,
Of men and of women who fight every foe.
They all gave me some, and then some gave me all
So I could be free to just make my own call.

No, I am not jealous of those having fun,
Because in these books I see wars that were won.
They help me remember the pledge that I swore,
To serve God and country in peace time and war.

yellowwing
07-05-06, 05:11 PM
Who's death gave me freedom from Satan and sin;
Ha-ha! Ole Sratch has been at it for many a year before were set upon the earth. I think the highest ideals of Our Corps is in direct opposition to his plans and operations.

Integrity above all! :usmc:

jennifer
07-06-06, 12:51 AM
That was really good Amy.

Mama
07-06-06, 01:24 AM
Well done Amy...