PDA

View Full Version : Superman: Un-American Deadbeat Dad?

fontman
07-03-06, 08:06 AM
Superman: Un-American Deadbeat Dad?
July 02, 2006
By ericjzero

(WARNING- SPOILERS)

There was a bad feeling I had about this film and sadly it turned out worse than imagined. $8 for a ticket… $5.25 for a bucket of popcorn… $5 for the bladder buster diet soft drink… and roughly three hours wasted. Danger, drama, super powers, etc. It was all there but I didn't expect to see a childhood idol turned into the modern version of… what? Hero? It became apparent this would be a culturally leftwing crapfest when the writers couldn't quite bring themselves to have Perry White say 'truth, justice and the American way' when asking if Blue-eyes-in-Blue-skivvies was still the same guy. They HAD to leave that ''American" part out… saying that would have probably would hurt ticket sales in… France. Hey this new Superman is 'hip.' He even hits on a now engaged Lois Lane (note- she'll keep her name when she gets married… she'll only give the new man the job of paying for some effeminate looking alien's kid…) Yeah… you read that right… Clark Kent- Deadbeat Dad.

And Lois Lane… what a lying, conniving little tramp. She gets knocked up by the gay-looking-fellow-in-gay-little-tights, finds a hard working, solid man to raise her little half-Kryptonian wonder child, lies to the new husband about her past then swoons for the red-speedo-wearing-deadbeat when he flies back into town… all the while keeping both men in the dark that her son has the 'wrong' last name. Hey… she's liberated. And how would Lois and Supe make a kid anyway? Old-pajamas-and-red-boots can't afford or is too irresponsible to use a condom? Of course in his case the 'rubber' would have to be made out of reinforced steel or 'adamantium.' And wouldn't a 'happy ending' for Cal-El without a jimmy-hat probably kill Lois 'I get around' Lane?

Bryan Singer should be reviled for attempting to ruin an icon like Superman. Nothing like taking a modern American myth like the Man of Steel and turning him into a creep who abandoned his pregnant girlfriend, had nothing to do with his kid for the first four years of his life and when asked by the mother of his child 'will we see you again?' he casually answers 'I'm always around.'

If he was any other Joe, we would see him soon… at the Court House explaining why he hasn't paid any child support for this kid from birth… but then again, how would someone serve papers at the Fortress of Solitude?

Ignition
07-03-06, 11:55 AM
he didnt know he was the dad until the comma anyways

bah, honestly this writer is fishing a little toooo far for an argument