PDA

View Full Version : Enough about the "Brothers" How about the "Sisters"???

Sgt2841
07-03-06, 03:18 AM
I've only just signed on with this organization, but already I've noticed that not only are the pictures in advertisement only of male Marines, but you
constantly refer to the "brotherhood" and the "band of brothers", etc.
Well, I've gotta ask...........WHAT ABOUT THE WOMEN MARINES? Do you view us as less of a Marine? We earned our Eagle Globe and Anchor, too. Do we not serve right beside you? We deserve to also be recognized by all as United States Marines.:usmc: :flag:

GySgtRet
07-03-06, 07:42 AM
Welcome to Leatherneck my Sister Marine...!!! I think that you will find things different than what you have seen on the surface. We all value eachother here as Marines. Take a look around the forums, I realize that you are new here. Look at any topic in the forums you will see that WMs are very active in here. I wish that more Sisters would join and be more active. I think once you are on for a while you will see. There is jennifer, Marine84, His_angel, CAS3. Jennifer is a newly appointed Corporal sationed in Mira Mar.

Semper Fi

:D

kentmitchell
07-03-06, 08:10 AM
You're a Marine. That's all I need to know.
Semper Fi

redneck13
07-03-06, 12:39 PM
:!: :flag: Welcome, Marine Sister!! You make a valid point. Of which I'm sure "Mr. Shaffer will address, or you may want to send him a PM. Just click on his name, go to "view public profile", and it says, "send a private message." This way it'll get right to him, and he's a good Person and Marine, who owns the site. He will take all under consideration. We, or at least I do, back you about this. Don't worry, none of our Marine Sister's are ever forgotten from us Marine Men, K? SF.

airframesguru
07-03-06, 12:43 PM
Welcome aboard. Ditto to the previous comments. We all come in one color - GREEN. Hope to hear more.
Semper Fidelis,
Mike

Ignition
07-03-06, 01:23 PM
IMHO "brotherhood" is a genderless phrase when used in context of our fellow Marines.

if you want me to bend over to be PC and say brother and sisterhood, then im sorry your barking up the wrong tree. So get the wrinkles out of your uniform and remember that we are all family

on another note,
Welcome to the site

CAS3
07-03-06, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Marine Corps...
As a former WM, I take no offence as I am part of the brotherhood. It is not gender specific, neither is the USMC or this site.
Welcome and please look around for awhile. You may like what you see.

Sharri
07-04-06, 05:52 PM
Sgt2841
Welcome & Semper fi
I've only been on Leatherneck.com a very short period of time, but have not found it bias at all. (Just assumed I was part of the 'brotherhood) At the same time the forums and chats are ALL Different. Some rock your boat and some do not.
Enjoy being part of something so honorable that all of us earned!

Sgt2841
07-05-06, 01:00 AM
I didn't think my comment would stir up such a response. But gimme a break....as far as I can tell, my unit no longer exists, my MOS no longer exists, and no one has even heard of either one. Kinda makes you feel forgotten a bit, wouldn't you say?
Thank you all, tho, for each comment as its great to finally end up some place where the people respond so you know there really is someone there.
P.S. my initial comment was meant to be mostly tongue-in-cheek
Semper Fidelis, y'all

Sgt 2841
TCMU (anyone ever heard of it?)
MCCES MCAGCC
29 Palms, CA
:usmc: :evilgrin:

yellowwing
07-05-06, 01:17 AM
Welcome aboard Sgt! Stick around or a bit, we got a long history on board. Our oldest active member is MrCobb, an island hopping grunt. Next is Arlene Horton, a Korean War Veteran. Take the time to talk to each of them and you will be richer for the experience.

marinegreen
Welcome Sgt2841(Janis) Looks like the Marine sisters is finally getting on here.Break it down in laymans terms J.(TCMU)sumb-tin tells me I should know of this.Oh by the way,the ladies are working on a WM calender,check with,Jennifer,Marine84,His Angel. Dont hesitate to chime in with a comment or opinion whether its right or wrong,we're all righteous in our own minds, lol. SF

recon532002
Welcome aboard my Sister Semper Fi

kentmitchell
07-05-06, 10:41 AM
Sgt2841,
I emphathize with you. My first--and best--outfit, the 9th Marines, was deactivated. Guess someone didn't like the No. 9.
It was a helluva outfit when I was in. Later on, too, from what I've read.

3531marine
07-05-06, 10:59 AM
KENT MITCHELL DON'T FEEL TO BAD THEY DID AWAY WITH MY 9th MOTOR'S TOO. MIKE

Camper51
07-05-06, 12:21 PM
Welcome aboard and join in the fun. We are all brothers here, even the women. If it weren't for the Corps none of us would be here....

Gunny Joe
07-05-06, 04:04 PM
:marine: I was fortunate to be in a field that allowed me to work alongside Woman Marines and I have nothing but the deepest respect for all I have known, so don't believe for a second that you are being left out when the phrase "Brotherhood of Marines" is used it reers to the Woman of the Corps as well. Thanks for serving.:iwo:

Semper Fi from an old Air Winger

yellowwing
07-05-06, 04:14 PM
I worked under a Major Gonazales. Now SHE was definately Hard Corps. I busted my hump to do my job and she never was the kind to molly coddle and kindly reassure. An outstanding Marine that expected and got my best rendition of perfection.

redneck13
07-05-06, 04:32 PM
:flag: :banana: I worked for awhile when I was injured while in the Corps for this Lt. Woman Marine. She was some kind of good looking, always sharply dressed, and she too didn't put up with "junk" and I had the utmost respect for her. As I do all Marine Women. God Bless all of you. Us ol' booger's need a Woman's touch to keep us in line. I hope more will join. And don't let, like it's said, "Brotherhood" make you think it's all "Male" cause it isn't. It includes all Marine's. It's just a term that's been used for years, not meant to degrade Women. SF.

jerryk
07-05-06, 05:05 PM
well welcome ma,am but if you have a problem with that to me that is small stuff you a marine like most the rest of us but just cause you wore a skirt that to most dont make no difference but if you have a problem cause you so call say you was not in the band of brothers then i dont know what to tell you ,also i guess i was in when you was a kid and even then we respected a woman marine and she was a part of the BAND OF BROTHERS LIKE ALL MARINES