PDA

View Full Version : Do you Agree? (WARNING: Takes a long time to read)

Barret
07-02-06, 12:24 AM
Just found this on the internet: <br />
<br />
<br />
It takes quite a few minutes to read this...but it would be well if every American read it thoughtfully. (Brits too, plus French, Russians, Chinese, Canadians...

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-02-06, 12:44 AM
I don't see much of anything here to disagree with.

roknroll
07-02-06, 12:44 AM
I stopped reading after he listed the reasons why we were attacked. We were attacked because they feel like the "west" is interfering with their precious religion. We were also attacked because we are allies with israel(the infedels), and we supplied israels entire army.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-02-06, 01:35 AM
We did not supply Israel's entire army. There are many things they produce for themselves, and even items (MRC-142 for example) we get from them. If you want to try to use their justification for the terrorist attack, you have to center it on the US presence in Saudi Arabi, which bin Laden uses as his excuse. But, the original post is more accurate in his reasoning, they're jealous.

Smalcom
07-02-06, 01:36 AM
A thing like this was posted before, we should have gotten serious back in Beirut!!!

devildoghopeful
07-02-06, 06:17 AM
Barret, do you know who wrote this? If so please post or PM me who he/she is so I can send an email of congratulations. This person has hit the nail square on the head and presented his argument in a clear and focused manner withought resorting to ranting.
BRAVO!

LittleDevilDog
07-02-06, 08:08 AM
Good work, right there.

Can't say I disagree on any of it.. everyone needs to OPEN THEIR EYES to this problem, as many would like to think it is not their problem, it is theirs just as it is mine and yours.

War is war... no time for games.. like politics.. which, sadly, is getting in the way of too many wars. Just a big chess board to most of them politicians..

The Sandman
07-02-06, 09:29 PM
Agreed. Wars aren't fought with boxing gloves. They are fought with men, bombs, and bullets. This war isn't being fought for geography, oil, or freedom. This war is being fought for survival. I also agree with the points made that countries aren't destroyed from the oustide, they are destroyed from within.

Barret
07-03-06, 05:44 PM
The Person Who Wrote all of that is supposedly a retired Air Force Surgeon of all things and past Commander of Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio.

bigdog43701
07-03-06, 09:47 PM
don't care who wrote it...they got their facts wrong. the FIRST terrorist attack happened in 1971 when islamic extremeists took over a passenger liner and then blew it in place with innocent "non-combatants" on it while it sat on a tarmac in africa.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-03-06, 10:08 PM
The Person Who Wrote all of that is supposedly a retired Air Force Surgeon of all things and past Commander of Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio.

And this means what? I hope you aren't saying that as an officer in the Air Force he isn't qualified to talk about these things.

Barret
07-03-06, 10:14 PM
Sorry, Just Copied and Pasted without looking. I have read it once or twice, but haven't paid to much attention to the Introduction, which has the comment about the USAF Servicemember.

Barret
07-05-06, 07:46 PM
Also Just Found this on the internet, Don't Know who wrote it. You guys have probably read it before, but maybe not.
I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others failed to go, And did what others failed to do. I asked nothing from those who gave nothing And reluctantly accepted the thought Of eternal lonelineness, should I fail. I have seen the Face of Terror, Felt the stinging Cold of Fear, And enjoyed the sweet taste of a moments love. I have cried, pained and hoped... But most of all, I have lived times others would say were best forgotten. At least someday I will be able to say that I was proud Of what I was.... a U.S. MARINE! Take a man and put him alone, put him twelve thousand miles from home. Empty his heart of all but his blood, make him live in sweat, in mud. This is the life I have to live, this the soul to the Devil I give. You have your parties and drink your beer, while young men are dying over here. Plant your signs on the White House lawn; "Lets get out of Vietnam". Use your signs and have your fun, then refuse to use a gun. There's nothing else for you to do, then I'm supposed to die for you. There is one thing that you don't know; and that's where I think you should go! I'm already here and it's too late. I've traded all my love just for hate. I'll hate you till the day I die. You made me hear my buddy cry. I saw his leg and his blood shed, then I heard them say "This one's dead". It was a large price for him to pay, to let you live another day. He had the guts to fight and die, to keep the freedom you live by. By his dying your life he buys, but who gives a DAMN if a MARINE dies! your not helping troops by protesting, support them and honor them

teddyn
07-08-06, 05:34 PM
"plus French, Russians, Chinese, Canadians and many other free nations"

China? A free nation?
Just a minor point though ;)

Also, terrorism has around since the beginning of human civilization. In modern history, terrorism has also existed in Russia and Ireland among many many others. It is the radical section of the population of a weaker country attempting to fight a larger entity. In a way, it could be argued that invasions of other countries in response to terrorist attacks doesn't work: it creates a link between conventional warfare and terrorism, where it seems to them like commiting terrorist attacks is the legitimate response in a 'war' rather then just being a despicable crime by a fanatical sect. Plus, invasion alienates moderate opinion in foreign countries. They forget the inhuman disgrace that was 9/11 and think of the fact that the US is basically a police force in 2 countries that were topled. Just like in Ireland 1916-1921, when UK response to the Easter Rising (1916) was violent and war-like, which only popularized the 'terrorism' (as the Brits saw it) campaign against the ruling power. We can't escape history, and history is replete with cautions against waging 'war' against already submissive nations.

junker316
07-09-06, 02:26 AM
Devil Pups there are to many " professionals " out there that will write things that they know very little to nothing about. The first article has many failures. There have been to many Terrorists attacks on Americans abroard and in the US that are not mentioned. Like the Bombing of the American- German Hotel in Frankfurt, I bleive, where Americans were known to go. Or the place in Italy, I believe in 1967, where a Diplomatic debate was being held. Or just the occassional bombing of US Bases Abroad that triggered the Beruit Bombing. The Muslums that this Professional is mentioning are extremists. Most Muslum people are very peaceful unless you have deliberately disrepected them or a family member. And Muslums are no worse off than the Christains for thier acts of terror. Just a different time frame and diffferent surcumbstances and for different reasons. America has been under attack since the begiining of the 13 colonies. Britain, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, etc. have all had thier share of attacks on American Soil. Americans fought Americans in the Civil War and even the Native American was involved in combat across America. But what you are not seeing is that the Extremists that are Muslum have taken words from the Quraan and use it to blind followers into doing what they want them to do...similar to what preists and the Christain Church did to those to Illiterate to read the Bible fpor themselves. Did all Muslums band together to attack us???? No. If they would have our troops would still be on the out skirts of the muslum world fighting to get in. Oil prices would be $200-$500 a barrel, We would have riots within our communities like the French did, Killings of any-one not Muslum world wide would be the view point of the Jihad, not to mention Slavery of those who the Muslum Nation captured and didn't kill. Instead we have more Muslums backing us than wanting our heads in a basket. Egypt for one has determined that any Jihad from the extremists in Afghanistan and Iraq are concidered unworthy of muslum practices.