PDA

View Full Version : Women Marines, true courage at Fallujah

kentmitchell
07-01-06, 02:54 PM
It's in Glamour Magazine, but it's one of the most gutty articles I've ever seen about Marines, male or female. They may be prettier but inside they're as tough as us male Marines.
I salute them.
http://www.glamour.com/magazine/issue/articles/060501warwomen

junker316
07-01-06, 07:20 PM
I remember when this happened. I had just got back a few months earlier when all this went down. We had attacked Fallujah and didn't leave any type of rear gaurd to defend the City from reentry from insurgents. I remember feeling really bad for these young Marines. I felt that I had failed them for not being able to enforce a rear gaurd plan against such attacks. But a Sgt can only do so much when the Brass says different. I know it isn't my fault but I couldn't face myself for leaving them there to face these Rag Heads. I am glad to see that the ones that lived through it have been doing better.

Arlene Horton
07-01-06, 09:26 PM
:flag: That was the most inspiring report I have ever read and it was, this time, about Woman Marines. Even though I have not been a fan of having Women in combat zones, reading about those young women have eliminated the fears I had about how a woman would respond after a treacherous attack by "insurgents". It shows how well the Woman Marines are trained. There should be no questions about the Woman Marines ability to function in combat. After all, we are all MARINES. No gender qualifications necessary. Semper Fidelis.:iwo:

booksbenji
07-02-06, 11:40 PM
MCBHEAVEN: <br />
<br />
The war's deadliest day for U.S. women <br />
By Susan Dominus <br />
Glamour magazine <br />
<br />
There was a loud bang and the flash of a fireball—and in just minutes an Iraqi suicide bomb killed three...

booksbenji
07-02-06, 11:48 PM
their Marine spell ck :mad: A bunch of ...'s ;)