PDA

View Full Version : Injury/Illness after MCRD

Barret
06-30-06, 04:47 PM
I've always wondered this: I know you get 10 Days leave after you Graduate from Boot Camp, But what if, during Boot, You got some kind of Injury/Illness that took longer than 10 days to heal, and waited till after graduation to go to a doctor?

Camper51
06-30-06, 04:48 PM
If you go to a Military facility for treatment, as you should, you can be placed on a "convalescent" leave that does not count against your annual leave... But why would you wait until after bootcamp graduation??

Barret
06-30-06, 05:00 PM
Well, I really don't know. My dad Was in Navy Boot Camp, And Had Neumonia for many weeks, but thought he could tough it out. He went to the hospital after he graduated.

marinegreen
06-30-06, 06:03 PM
Theres such a thing as TOUGH and theres one called STUPID,if its life threatening then you would be classified under the heading of STUPID !!!!

Marine84
06-30-06, 07:33 PM
I hurt a TOE coming out of the rack one morning - wasn't a big thing to me - just made me limp a little that day. DI yells at me about limping and I told her what happened, she made me take my boot off and show her then the B___h starts yelling at me because I didn't say anything to her about earlier in the day and MADE me go to medical.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-01-06, 12:15 AM
If you could wait to go to the doc until you got out of boot camp, I would assume you could wait 10 more days and go once you report to MCT/SOI. If not, make sure you go to a military doc somewhere, and be expecting the folks at MCT/SOI to give you a hard time.