PDA

View Full Version : Marine Acquitted in Massachusetts Shooting

fontman
06-30-06, 08:38 AM
Marine Acquitted in Massachusetts Shooting
(AP)
Published: June 30, 2006

A jury in Salem acquitted an Iraq war veteran who was accused of injuring two people when he fired a shotgun into a raucous crowd of clubgoers outside his home. The man, Sgt. Daniel Cotnoir of the Marines, was found not guilty of two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Two jurors hugged him outside the courthouse. Mr. Cotnoir's house overlooks a parking lot that is across from two nightclubs. On the night of the shooting last August, a crowd gathered after the clubs closed, and Mr. Cotnoir testified he felt "under attack" when a bottle was thrown through his window.

OLE SARG
06-30-06, 08:58 AM
I bet this will cut down on the partying at this location!!!! Back in my younger days there have been incidents where I probably would have done the same damn thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Focus Fate
06-30-06, 11:56 AM
Good to hear! :-)

rb1651
06-30-06, 12:37 PM
I'm glad to hear that Sgt. Cotnoir was found innocent, but we all know some dumb*** lawyer somewhere is going to file a civil lawsuit againt him on behalf of the "injuries suffered by the victims".

thedrifter
06-30-06, 12:56 PM
June 30, 2006 <br />
<br />
Marine of the Year acquitted of charges in shooting <br />
<br />
By Ken Maguire <br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
SALEM, Mass. — A jury deliberated just two hours Thursday before finding an Iraq war...