PDA

View Full Version : Just curious...

XheroX
06-29-06, 06:59 PM
I've heard a lot of different things from different Marines, so I'll ask here also. Where do you think the Marines will be deployed to next? Meaning, where do you think the next conflict is going to be? I've just heard a lot and I'm curious of everyones opinion.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-29-06, 07:05 PM
There is really no way of knowing, because you can't tell what other countries may decide to do. But, if I had to guess I would say:
1. Iran, for their nuke program
2. Syria, for reasons I'm not going to get into
3. North Korea, for their nuke program.
4. France, because I think it would be funny.

XheroX
06-29-06, 07:18 PM
Yes, my first guess was North Korea, but my recruiter said we would go to Iran before that because North Korea is right in China's backyard. LoL Yea, France would be hilarious.

Stanley Hroszow
06-29-06, 09:03 PM
There is really no way of knowing, because you can't tell what other countries may decide to do. But, if I had to guess I would say:
1. Iran, for their nuke program
2. Syria, for reasons I'm not going to get into
3. North Korea, for their nuke program.
4. France, because I think it would be funny. HA! HA! HA!HA!

goat
06-29-06, 11:49 PM
4. France, because I think it would be funny.

Good one.

Marine84
07-01-06, 09:45 AM
We should start a pool.................I'll take N Korea - after all we are on standby for them.

His_angel
07-01-06, 10:13 AM
I don't see why we'd need to deploy anyone for N. Korea. In my head it would play out something like this: They fire nuke. We fire counter defense to disable and shoot down nuke. Then we make them a big crater that used to be N. Korea. They want to play with nukes? We'll let em have some of ours.

Angel

outlaw3179
07-01-06, 11:06 AM
you should be a diplomat !

Stanley Hroszow
07-01-06, 11:35 AM
Better yet use a Neutron Bomb, it get rid of all people. and living things. after one year, New people move in, from the South of course.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-01-06, 12:09 PM
Simple reason why your plan doesn't work Angel. China sits on the Northern border of North Korea. We lob a nuke into Korea, and we're fighting 1 billion plus from China and dealing with the fall out of our own weapons. Unless Korea uses nukes on us, and they get around any counter-measures we have, we're going to have to use conventional forces. Plus, you can do all you want from the air, you cannot win any conflict until there is a man in boots holding a rifle standing on a piece of ground saying it now belongs to him.

marinegreen
07-01-06, 01:35 PM
Simple reason why your plan doesn't work Angel. China sits on the Northern border of North Korea. We lob a nuke into Korea, and we're fighting 1 billion plus from China and dealing with the fall out of our own weapons. Unless Korea uses nukes on us, and they get around any counter-measures we have, we're going to have to use conventional forces. Plus, you can do all you want from the air, you cannot win any conflict until there is a man in boots holding a rifle standing on a piece of ground saying it now belongs to him.

Thats why that nappy headed lil bastard running No. Korea talks so much chit,he's siffering just that. I say fly that heavy metal down on em, china would probably thank us for getting rid of some of there population.

His_angel
07-01-06, 02:15 PM

See. You're using some of that common sense logical well thought out stuff. I'm thinking more revenge without reprocussions stuff. Then again, maybe if they thought the folks in power really felt that way then they wouldn't even be thinking of lobbing a nuke our way.

Angel

XheroX
07-01-06, 06:26 PM
So, is what you all are saying.....That you think N. Korea will be the next conflict, or that...I dunno, I'm confused.....=/

Stanley Hroszow
07-01-06, 08:02 PM
So, is what you all are saying.....That you think N. Korea will be the next conflict, or that...I dunno, I'm confused.....=/ Don't be confused, you will know for sure when the time comes, they are just guessing the only one who knows for sure is God, and He is not telling any one.

XheroX
07-01-06, 08:26 PM
:thumbup: Well said.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-02-06, 01:38 AM
No, I think Iran and Syria are next... if there is a next. After Iraq, we could go 10-20 years without anything major happening. It isn't unusual.

junker316
07-02-06, 01:45 AM
There are to many choices and not enough US Military to spread around. Whether it's N Korea or Iran, Nice with France ( a one minute battle with nothing but white flags and pole dancing ), it really...

Old Marine
07-02-06, 08:29 AM
No one really knows when or where the Marine Corps will be deployed, but you can bet you sweet bibby that it will be a Marine who lands first and is the last to leave.

yellowwing
07-02-06, 09:07 AM
No one really knows when or where the Marine Corps will be deployed, but you can bet you sweet bibby that it will be a Marine who lands first and is the last to leave.
Damn right Gunny! We got the goods that put teeth into any Presidents foreign policy decisions.

When ever any President says were are not going to tolerate this and that or when such and so is a threat to our national interests, the Marine Corps backs him up and gets it done.

A Marine Battalion Landing Team on your shores is the 600 pound gorilla about to knock you into next week!

goat
07-05-06, 07:28 PM
Well said.

Whoever it is we fight next I feel sorry for them. Marines do one thing with perfection, we win. They can't begin to guess what they'll be doing .... .... (but a clue might be) dieing and loosing!!! Before they hear the shots that kill 'em.

Swift-Silant-Deadly
Give 'em hell, then send them there ... ... perminantly
-Goat