<br />
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:02 AM

thedrifter
07-03-06, 02:45 PM
Retired Marines gather steam for effort <br />
By: J. STRYKER MEYER - Staff Writer <br />
North County Times <br />
<br />
A nonprofit group's campaign to raise money to aid the defense of Marines and corpsmen charged with...

thedrifter
07-06-06, 12:06 PM
The Warrior Fund
Posted By Blackfive

I received the announcement of The Warrior Fund via John Wintersteen who has done more for the Marines in combat than anyone will ever know. I was going to compose a statement about my position about The Warrior Fund, but a retired Marine Master Gunnery Sergeant has done that more eloquently than I would. Here's a message from retired Master Gunnery Sergeant of Marines Larry McCartney:

...As a veteran of the Vietnam War I know what the young men and women now serving our country are facing, also much like what U. S. police officers face--only under far worse conditions--they have to make split-second life and death decisions. They face a cruel and devious enemy who exploits our laws yet seeks to deny them access to those very same laws.

Please understand, this is NOT a request for prejudgment of innocence, a judgment is something only our court system, as weak as it is, can determine. This is merely a request to assist in providing our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines with the same quality legal representation as is afforded to the enemy. You don't have to believe in the war to believe in the American men and women who have gone where their country--that's all of us--sent them and do what we asks.

Semper Fidelis!!! ~~ Larry

---------------------------------------------
Lawrence E. McCartney
Master Gunnery Sergeant of Marines (Retired): 1967 - 1997

Here's the address if you want to mail a donation:

Address: Warrior Fund
c/o 5817 Starboard Drive
Suite #100
Greensboro, N.C. 27410

thedrifter
08-26-06, 07:09 AM
Borrowed this from Mark aka fontman;)

Innocent until proven guilty

rescueattempt.tripod.com/id32.html

Ellie

thedrifter
09-29-06, 06:31 PM
Hubby received below update today, below from Major Bill Donahue:

We have not even met 5% of our stated goal. Will YOU help us, and do all you can to get the word

Ellie