PDA

View Full Version : Makes me wanna PUKE !!!

marinegreen
06-28-06, 08:58 PM
BUSH PROMOTES WAR WHILE BACKING CANDIDATE IN MO.
Hey he's the commander in chief but I still want to vomit when he talks so tough,he sure didnt help fight in Nam,remember his daddy used a lil clout and got him a desk job and for cheney, its still hard for me to call him a vice prez when he got 5 deferrments.I think all prez should have some war experience, that way they cant talk the talk when they havent walked the walk !!! juzzzzzz my opinion.SF

Ignition
06-28-06, 09:02 PM
desk job or not... is something more than alot of americans have done in their lifetime.... sadly

10thzodiac
06-28-06, 10:01 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x654437 (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x654437)

GHWB, who did his duty, flew off of carriers into combat and really really served as the youngest Naval Aviator in history (19 years old, I believe). But his daddy, ol' Nazi-trading Prescott, he was a horse of a different color.<O:p</O:p
http://www.usndemvet.com/blog/archives/000656.html (http://www.usndemvet.com/blog/archives/000656.html)
<O:p

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-28-06, 11:24 PM
Please tell me what the thoughts or actions of Prescott Bush have to do with the current topic, or today's world in general. I suspect you'll make something up, but if you say anything other than "nothing" you'll be wrong.

As for W. he did what he had to do. Not everyone born in that age range should have, or could have, gone to Vietnam. I am proud to call him my President.

10thzodiac
06-28-06, 11:36 PM
Please tell me what the thoughts or actions of Prescott Bush have to do with the current topic, or today's world in general. I suspect you'll make something up, but if you say anything other than "nothing" you'll be wrong.

As for W. he did what he had to do. Not everyone born in that age range should have, or could have, gone to Vietnam. I am proud to call him my President.

"Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people, who have a right and a desire to know; but besides this, they have a right, an indisputable, unalienable, indefeasible, divine right to know that most dreaded and envied kind of knowledge, I mean of the characters and conduct of their rulers." ~ John Adams

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-29-06, 12:04 AM
Nice quote. If W.'s grandfather were the President it might even make sense. But, since he is long gone, and is in no way running anything now, it doesn't apply. Would you like to try again?

10thzodiac
06-29-06, 12:17 AM
Nice quote. If W.'s grandfather were the President it might even make sense. But, since he is long gone, and is in no way running anything now, it doesn't apply. Would you like to try again?

http://www.rense.com/general66/butler.htm (http://www.rense.com/general66/butler.htm) <O:p

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-29-06, 02:56 AM
Yeah, as soon as I see that the moron that wrote that site said Bush had handlers I quit reading. I don't care to read lies from the extreme kook fringe on the left or right. And, if someone thinks that Bush needs someone to handle him, they are simply too stupid for me to waste time reading what they wrote. To top it off, the chump that wrote the article says the invasion of both Iraq and Afghanistan were illegal. What does it take to make a legal war? A nuke shoved in someone's ear? But, this still doesn't explain to me how the actions of Prescott Bush, long dead, matter today. If you're speaking of the character of the President of the United States, his own father didn't share the views of his grandfather, so why would one assume he agreed with Prescott?
(Wait, I'll answer that. Its because they are stuck in a position where everything they see is political, and that politics revolves around the fact that Bush is hated by them.)

http://www.hall4bc04.org/Bush_StillPresident.jpg

10thzodiac
06-29-06, 09:15 AM
http://www.konformist.com/2000/bush-dictator.htm

<O:p</O:p<O:p

OLE SARG
06-29-06, 09:26 AM
Where do they find these kookie websites about the Bushes?????? They (the websites) kinda lean a little to the LEFT...

SEMPER FI,

SemperFin
06-29-06, 09:42 AM
A "little to the left" would be an understatement.

So what Zodiac (through the link) is essentially saying is that the Bush's are the only politicians in Washington that have any ancestry that has ever done anything wrong?

I'm sure if I devoted myself to it, I could come up with numerous wild claims about the Clintons, the Kennedy's (wouldn't take long) and any other leaders.

I agree GW has his faults and that there are A LOT of things he could be doing better, but some of this stuff is just out there. My question would be, what are YOU doing to make it better? Believe me, if I thought for a minute that I could succeed in public office I would be running for it. However, I don't think the average American wants to hear how things really are and that's what I would tell them.

The links you provide are entertaining and thought provoking though. Keep up the good work!

OLE SARG
06-29-06, 09:51 AM
SemperFin,
I was trying to be nice on the "little to the LEFT" thing. Good post - like the reference to wild claims - that goes good with clintons, kennedys, kerrys, durbins, dirty harrys, etc.

SEMPER FI,

yellowwing
06-29-06, 09:56 AM
Oh geez, when all else fails blame Billy Boy. It has been 6 years since he had the reigns. And when things get really desperate, just reach back to ChappaquiDick.

Don't worry Hillary will sets things right in 2008! :banana:

10thzodiac
06-29-06, 09:56 AM
Freedom begins between the ears<O:p

SemperFin
06-29-06, 10:14 AM
I wasn't blaming Billy boy for anything. I actually voted for him and thought he did a decent job as President. I just wish he could have concealed that whole Monica thing a little better (not that I fault him for it).

My point was more to the effect that you can find dirt on anyone if you dig hard enough. Clinton and Kennedy were just the first two examples that came to mind. I agree that "Freedom begins between the ears" which is why I read Zodiac's links. I never take information from a single source or a single point of view. You have to admit that some of that stuff is a bit Kooky.

Hillary? 2008? I pray that never happens. Not that a woman wouldn't make a good President but I would prefer one that only talks out of one side of her mouth.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-29-06, 10:15 AM
Wow zodiac, that is the first thing I have ever seen you post that makes sense. Maybe you should meditate on the meaning of those words, and then apply it to yourself.

Yellowwing, how can you talk about us reaching into the past about Teddy or Slick Willy? This man is talking about a long dead person that has nothing to do with the current political climate. Clinton and Kennedy are both still a part of the debate, and both have had some pretty shady dealings in the time since Prescott Bush made some idiotic decisions pre-WW2.

As for your comment about Hillary-- I hope the Dems are dumb enough to nominate her. There isn't one name on the potential list of Republican candidates that wouldn't win in a landslide if she wins the nomination.

Mike McIntyre
06-29-06, 10:39 AM
The original post was bashing George W. Bush. Have you forgotten whom he was running against in 2000 & 2004? George is lacking in some areas but consider the alternative. I am struggling with the fact that the both parties are more worried about getting reelected than “Doing the right thing”!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Osotogary
06-29-06, 11:22 AM
I am struggling with the fact that the both parties are more worried about getting reelected than “Doing the right thing”!>>

Thanks for your input, Mike. Doing the right thing means so many things to so many people.
Doing the right thing for whom? You? Me? The United States and its citizenry?
I guess what it all boils down to is how are the decisions being made going to affect you, me and our loved ones immediately and in the future. If the decisions that are being made do not affect you or anyone important to you then chances are that you won't give a patoozie, one way or the other, about the decision making process and it's results. However, once you see the price of petrol rise, and you hear that your next door neighbor's son was just blown up by an IED and you have to weave yourself through an American Flag burning protest just to get to work you might just get involved with the decision making process and the decisions that are being made. It will be at that time that you will want the the decison makers to do the right thing for it's citizenry and not just themselves. I could use a little good news in that regard.

Osotogary
06-29-06, 11:33 AM
Mike-
When I used the word you I wasn't referring to you personally. I just couldn't think of any other way to get my point across.

Mike McIntyre
06-29-06, 11:58 AM
To me, doing the right thing is telling me what you believe in, and standing by that no matter if it costs you an election or a few percentage points in the polls. It is telling me that you are going to do something and then following through. Just listen to Sen. Kerry. In the 2004 election he accuses Bush of Cutting and Running. Now all he wants to do is Cut & Run. Clinton saying, “It depends on what the meaning of is, is?” Geo. H.W. Bush, “Read my lips, No new taxes!” Geo W. Bush might think he is tough on immigration but his relationship with President Fox states otherwise. How can Kennedy, Landriu, and Kerry claim to be Catholic? President Carter was an Evangelical Christian and a Naval Academy grad. Are any of you old enough to remember what condition the Navy was in when Regan took office? And how many Christian felt betrayed? Just be up front with me.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Osotogary
06-29-06, 03:44 PM
Just be up front with me.
I am absolutely in total agreement with you Mike but you know, as well as I do, that there will be times when being totally forthright may not be in best interest of say, national security. Regardless, a man should be as good as his word.
Gary

marinegreen
06-29-06, 03:53 PM
To me, doing the right thing is telling me what you believe in, and standing by that no matter if it costs you an election or a few percentage points in the polls. It is telling me that you are going to do something and then following through. Just listen to Sen. Kerry. In the 2004 election he accuses Bush of Cutting and Running. Now all he wants to do is Cut & Run. Clinton saying, “It depends on what the meaning of is, is?” Geo. H.W. Bush, “Read my lips, No new taxes!” Geo W. Bush might think he is tough on immigration but his relationship with President Fox states otherwise. How can Kennedy, Landriu, and Kerry claim to be Catholic? President Carter was an Evangelical Christian and a Naval Academy grad. Are any of you old enough to remember what condition the Navy was in when Regan took office? And how many Christian felt betrayed? Just be up front with me.<O:p></O:p>

Be nice to have the ole "GIPPER BACK" He rebuilt our military might and didnt take << NO >> chit.Sumb-tin tells me he would have jumped outta that chair at the grade school on that faithful 9/11 day and been in the AIR instead sitting there like Bush cuz he didnt want to be rude to the kiddies. He did his share of BS'ing the public but he belived in our military strength and his/our country.Look how fast he got kadaffi to back-off.

yellowwing
06-29-06, 04:01 PM
Reagan was a strong leader. I doubt that our country would have this split if he was still in command.

Yeah, the Dems are set to assume majority office again. Nominating Hillary would be blatant foot shooting.

marinegreen
06-29-06, 04:08 PM
Reagan was a strong leader. I doubt that our country would have this split if he was still in command.

Yeah, the Dems are set to assume majority office again. Nominating Hillary would be blatant foot shooting.

Heck yellowing,we had best start building backyard bunkers if she makes it.And make sure you hold onto your personnel weapons cuz you know how dem dar dem's are,they want us to give up our arms.I seriously dont think thunder thighs stands a chance.We got us a phantom candidate lurking in the shadows waiting to throw his name into the hat.Myself I hope he/she is a 3rd party,these 2 we deal with now have kinda gone off and totally screwed the pooch.My opinion, SF

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-29-06, 04:43 PM
Yellowwing, the split would exist because the elite of the democrat party cannot accept that they are totally out of power for the first time. It leads to hatred on the left and by those on the right not knowing how to lead, stuck with the mindset of being in the minority.

OLE SARG
06-29-06, 06:16 PM
She (hillary) has a "PLAN" but she won't tell anybody what it is!!!!!!!! She is also getting as bad as kerry with her flip-flopping!

SEMPER FI,

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-29-06, 08:09 PM
Ole Sarg, she is doing the same thing Kerry did. I guess she forgot to watch the last election. But, I'll try to help.

MEMO TO ALL POLITICOS
You can no longer stand in front of a group of people and tell them what they want to hear, and then tell another group something totally different because that is what they want to hear. Everything you say will be recorded. Your opposition will then go through these tapes to see where you stand on a particular issue. If you tell one group you're for gun control, and then another group that you're in favor of the second amendment, the public will be told the truth. You're in favor of neither, but willing to lie to make yourself look good in front of people.

marinegreen
06-29-06, 09:28 PM
Ole Sarg, she is doing the same thing Kerry did. I guess she forgot to watch the last election. But, I'll try to help.

MEMO TO ALL POLITICOS
You can no longer stand in front of a group of people and tell them what they want to hear, and then tell another group something totally different because that is what they want to hear. Everything you say will be recorded. Your opposition will then go through these tapes to see where you stand on a particular issue. If you tell one group you're for gun control, and then another group that you're in favor of the second amendment, the public will be told the truth. You're in favor of neither, but willing to lie to make yourself look good in front of people.

Was on the tellie today.The boys want there summer vacation even though alot didnt get done on the hill.They shot down raising hrly. wage again but have found sum $$ to give themselves another raise.Here's proof they say to one group one thing and tell another to themselves.

OLE SARG
06-29-06, 09:55 PM
The SOB'S give their sorry arses a raise and they vote down a budget increase for Vet Care. I can see right now my reps and senators are going to get nasty letters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The SOB'S couldn't even get something worked out on the ILLEGAL ALIENS or as the democrats like to say UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND now their sorry arses go on their summer break - what is wrong with this picture!!

SEMPER FI,

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-29-06, 10:29 PM
They don't give themselves a raise, it goes into effect with no action. They have to vote not to get the cost of living raise. And, raising the minimum wage to over $7 an hour like some wanted to do would cause inflation to go through the roof and nearly cripple our economy. It was the most asinine proposal of the year. The $6.25 an hour proposal is a little better, but would still cost many hourly employees their job, and would raise the price of every good and service you purchase.

And, as sad as it is, this is an election year. There is nothing in the world that would keep the members of Congress from taking time of to campaign. Like it or not, it is a part of the system of government we have. Personally, I'm glad they're on recess. If Congress isn't meeting, they can't screw anything up.

marinegreen
06-29-06, 11:32 PM
Whats wrong is we need to clear and clean house on these prehistoric SOB'S and start fresh,term limits,they pay into SOC.SEC. like we do,Pay for there own medical, cut back on there astonomical pensions, better yetthey need to see it stripped from there grubbie little paws like there corporatre buddies have done to us little people who have busted hump for a living.Alot of peeps dont realize how good the boys on the hill have made it for themselves.Hey but its just this peon's opinion.SF

marinegreen
06-29-06, 11:36 PM
iTS THE SAME SOB CHIT THEY TOLD US WHEN THEY WERE TRYING FOR $5 bucks an hr, and kennedy was leading the charge to kabosh it, but they got a payraise that same yr.This same song and dance is heard...

mlurtsema
06-30-06, 04:29 AM
Yeah, as soon as I see that the moron that wrote that site said Bush had handlers I quit reading. I don't care to read lies from the extreme kook fringe on the left or right. And, if someone thinks that Bush needs someone to handle him, they are simply too stupid for me to waste time reading what they wrote. To top it off, the chump that wrote the article says the invasion of both Iraq and Afghanistan were illegal. What does it take to make a legal war? A nuke shoved in someone's ear? But, this still doesn't explain to me how the actions of Prescott Bush, long dead, matter today. If you're speaking of the character of the President of the United States, his own father didn't share the views of his grandfather, so why would one assume he agreed with Prescott?
(Wait, I'll answer that. Its because they are stuck in a position where everything they see is political, and that politics revolves around the fact that Bush is hated by them.)

All politicians have handlers. Most senior executives in business have handlers. They do things like ensure that their boss stays on topic, understands the topic they are staying on. They are simply managers. Having a handler is a good thing.

WalkingMan
07-01-06, 12:21 PM
Yeah, as soon as I see that the moron that wrote that site said Bush had handlers I quit reading.

Yes... Bush is one of the less 'handled' of presidents, I believe.

If this were not the case, and he actually had someone whispering in his ear, what her should say, he would probably be a much more polised speaker, than he is.
;)

yellowwing
07-01-06, 03:08 PM
Well hey, I know that up here if you want something done in the Veterans' Group Circles, you talk to the Sgt-at-Arms. The organizational Presidents are 'handled', mostly to maintain consistency and group longevity.

Being accountable and on top of everything does necessitate handlers. The Commander in Chief just cannot be expected to know the service number, gas mask size, and blood type of millions servicemen.

Then add foreign and domestic policy to his plate. He's a busy guy. We are getting a heck of a bargain paying him only $400K.

How well he actually does the job is subjective to history. Look at John Kerry, his handlers have done a **** poor job altogether. His handlers blew what should have been a cake walk election.

redneck13
07-01-06, 04:05 PM
:!: "Excuse me?" "What in the hell are ya'll talkin' 'bout? What was the subject? Did I miss something? More than likely. Somebody tell me the original subject matter, and maybe we can stay on it? That is....."The subject at hand, whatever it might be?" Help me out here Maggot's, it's my birthday, "was it, 4 rounds of Jose Cuervo?" Oh well, fill me in, I'd like to yakk a bit. LOL....

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-02-06, 11:48 AM
mlurtsema, I am well aware of the type of handlers you're talking about- I happen to be one of them. But, you know, as well as I do, that this type of thing isn't what the article was talking about. They were implying that Bush doesnt' make his own decisions and that he is just a puppet, and that is total BS.

Mike McIntyre
07-03-06, 11:14 AM
In my humble opinion, I think that no one should serve more than two terms. I would make the terms 5 years and have ALL elections on the same day (Save time & money). As for the parties, there ain’t much difference in the entire lot. The only reason I’m a Republican is for the Pro- Family & Pro-Military stance. As for spending money, both the Reps & the Dems are a bunch of *****s who would do or say anything for a vote. I am fairly sick of ALL of them. What ever happened to the second greatest document of all time, the US Constitution?

mlurtsema
07-03-06, 01:01 PM
mlurtsema, I am well aware of the type of handlers you're talking about- I happen to be one of them. But, you know, as well as I do, that this type of thing isn't what the article was talking about. They were implying that Bush doesnt' make his own decisions and that he is just a puppet, and that is total BS.

I didn't pick up the entire thread...sorry if I missed the context. Frankly I don't know enough about Bush to know if he thinks for himself or not. I think he is a liberal in conservative clothing -- the major difference being that while liberals tend to tax and spend, the current administration is borrowing and spending. Other than that, I think his is executing this war poorly. In the first place, congress hasn't even declared war (and I don't know if he asked them to). Congress should have declared war on the country or countries that harboring terrorists. In the second place, the rules of engagement sound all ****ed up to me (as an observer who hasn't been on the ground). Finally, the war powers granted to Bush by congress in the after math of 9/11 don't sit well with me. Its not that I don't trust Bush with those powers, I wouldn't trust anyone with them. Perhaps, I am cynical about human nature, but I don't think people generally handle power very well. And, I think with few exceptions, history confirms my cynicism. In the end, I voted for Bush twice, but he lost me somewhere along the way.

10thzodiac
07-03-06, 07:02 PM
I am reminded that the studies of R. G. LeTourneau show that the average age of the world's great governments has been 200 years, and that the general steps through which they progressed and regressed were: from bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from abundance to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependency; and from dependency back again to bondage.

If the above is taken as a statement of natural law, then we are doomed. However, history records that early civilizations have often responded to a challenge and then gone on to a higher plane. In other words, the expression is cyclic in character with different degrees of amplitude and different frequencies. My faith in the underlying character of the American people persuades me that, despite periods of weak leadership, we will check the downswing before it is too late.:yes: <O:p

Pialphamu
07-04-06, 12:32 AM
I think someone woke up on the wrong side of life!!

OLE SARG
07-04-06, 09:31 AM
MONEY is the motivator in politics these days. Most all dickheads who are politicians are RICH!!!!!!! You have some slugs who marry into it like ms kerry, john edwards, etc. Then you have the highest of slugs, ted "swimmer" kennedy!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
07-04-06, 01:47 PM
I think someone woke up on the wrong side of life!!

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"I want to tell you something very clear, don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it." Ariel Sharon to Shimon Peres, October 3rd, 2001, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio

On October 5, 2005, the former head of the National Security Agency, Retired Lt
General William Odom, was quoted by the Associated Press as saying: "The invasion of Iraq, I believe, will turn out to be the greatest strategic disaster in U.S. history."

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” ~ H.L. Mencken, 1880-1956

Pialphamu
07-05-06, 06:05 PM
Well, if all we are going to do is put quotes on this board then have some of these.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it
Aristotle

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
Winston Churchill

</PRE>
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

</PRE>
Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Albert Einstein

</PRE>
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.
John Kenneth Galbraith

</PRE>
Original thought, instead of copied thought, may be the key to ones true happiness instead of paranoia!
Pamela Jacobs

Just a few of my own thoughts!;)

</PRE>

</PRE>

</PRE>

Stanley Hroszow
07-05-06, 06:49 PM
The fact is no one remembers that before every thing started (the war) 99% of the Democrats were opposed to the war and most 97% still are, they secretly met with the Muslims, to plot a way to stop the war they also gave advise to them.

10thzodiac
07-05-06, 07:17 PM
Original thought, instead of copied thought, may be the key to ones true happiness instead of paranoia!
Pamela Jacobs

You have my Vote! errr...

True Happiness
"I use to be paranoid, but I got better!
When I was a kid I use to hide under my desk at school because I thought the Russians were going to blast me.
Now all I do is stay away from tall buildings."
~ 10thZodiac
:yes:

SEMPER FI

mlurtsema
07-05-06, 08:08 PM
</PRE>
Original thought, instead of copied thought, may be the key to ones true happiness instead of paranoia!</P>Pamela Jacobs

Just a few of my own thoughts!;)

I keep noticing that all thought is predicated on other thoughts. It seems like there is a causal relationship between them...I think it is very difficult indeed to have an original thought. Most thoughts are copies, build-ons, and confabulations of other thoughts. But I wax philosophical. :bunny:

10thzodiac
07-05-06, 08:26 PM
I keep noticing that all thought is predicated on other thoughts. It seems like there is a causal relationship between them...I think it is very difficult indeed to have an original thought. Most thoughts are copies, build-ons, and confabulations of other thoughts. But I wax philosophical. :bunny:

While surfing the internet I came across that one of our earlier great forefathers of this nation would educate himself by reading famous quotations, it escapes me now which one that did that. Just think if I said some of the things I'm guoting here, like:

"The invasion of Iraq, I believe, will turn out to be the greatest strategic disaster in U.S. history." ~ Former head of the National Security Agency, Retired Lt
General William Odom On October 5, 2005

Yikes!:scared:

yellowwing
07-05-06, 09:17 PM
Dang, where is my Brother HardJedi now that you are all talking philosophy stuff? Mike, always helped me through it :(

Pialphamu
07-05-06, 09:38 PM
This day is called the feast of Crispian:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
(Henry V 4.3.40-70)

Now there is a quote that always rings true. If anyone has a way with words it is Shakespeare. He seemed to know how people are and will be forever. That is why people who do not earn the right, seem to want to use it anyway. Whether it may be the title of Marine or wearing medals that do not belong to them. Some always thirst for the "glory" of war but do not have the stomach to actually get off of their asses and fight for it. Some things are worth fighting for and some people just need killin'. Some times hard decisions have to be made whether popular or not.:iwo:

Pialphamu
07-05-06, 09:43 PM
:angel: I'm new here but apparently I fit right in since I can't seem to keep my opinion to myself!! LOL Thanks for letting me rant!! LOL;)

10thzodiac
07-06-06, 06:35 AM
This day is called the feast of Crispian:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
(Henry V 4.3.40-70)

Now there is a quote that always rings true. If anyone has a way with words it is Shakespeare. He seemed to know how people are and will be forever. That is why people who do not earn the right, seem to want to use it anyway. Whether it may be the title of Marine or wearing medals that do not belong to them. Some always thirst for the "glory" of war but do not have the stomach to actually get off of their asses and fight for it. Some things are worth fighting for and some people just need killin'. Some times hard decisions have to be made whether popular or not.:iwo:
Occam's razor

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Occam's Razor (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Occam%27s_Razor&redirect=no))
Jump to: navigation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor#column-one), search (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor#searchInput)
<!-- start content -->http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7d/Occam.jpg/100px-Occam.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Occam.jpg) http://en.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/magnify-clip.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Occam.jpg)
William of Ockham

Occam's razor (also spelled Ockham's razor) is a principle attributed to the 14th-century (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_century) English logician and Franciscan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franciscan) friar William of Ockham (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_of_Ockham). Originally a tenet of the reductionist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductionism) philosophy of nominalism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nominalism), it is more often taken today as a heuristic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic) maxim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim) that advises economy, parsimony (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsimony), or simplicity in scientific theories (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory#science). Occam's razor states that the explanation of any phenomenon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenomenon) should make as few assumptions as possible, eliminating those that make no difference in the observable predictions of the explanatory hypothesis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis) or theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory). The principle is often expressed in Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin) as the lex parsimoniae (law of succinctness):

<DL><DD>entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem, </DD></DL>which translates to:

<DL><DD>entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity. </DD></DL>Furthermore, when multiple competing theories have equal predictive powers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictive_power), the principle recommends selecting those that introduce the fewest assumptions and postulate the fewest hypothetical entities. It is in this sense that Occam's razor is usually understood.

(KISS)

Pialphamu
07-06-06, 09:21 AM
It is just that we should be grateful, not only to those with whose views we may agree, but also to those who have expressed more superficial views; for these also contributed something, by developing before us the powers of thought.
Aristotle
:p

10thzodiac
07-06-06, 04:05 PM
It is just that we should be grateful, not only to those with whose views we may agree, but also to those who have expressed more superficial views; for these also contributed something, by developing before us the powers of thought.
Aristotle

Ahh! Opinions...thats my problem...not too many people agree with me and the ones that do not openly!

I'm just a character happy in my sh*T!

;)

Too bad I wasn't 25 years younger...:beer:

marinegreen
07-06-06, 05:06 PM
Nobody can take away the fact that we're," All Righteous In Our Own Mind!" SF

Pialphamu
07-06-06, 07:01 PM
Zodiac, were you less opinionated when you were 25 years younger! LOL Most of the time the person who is more "seasoned" is also more interesting!!;) Youth and ignorance seem to go hand in hand more often than not. They usually do not have too much to have an opinion about. (Some exceptions do apply...I don't want offend the young kids! LOL):angel: Being happy with ones self is what we all wish to achieve!:beer:

10thzodiac
07-06-06, 07:14 PM
Pialphamu, I wasn't less opinionated 25 years ago just took me longer to get into trouble then. I like your picture, you look terrific!

mlurtsema
07-06-06, 07:58 PM
<DL><DT class=quote>I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/329.html) <DD class=author>Albert Einstein (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Albert_Einstein/) (1879 - 1955) <DD class=author> <DT class=quote>War is not nice. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1115.html) <DD class=author>Barbara Bush (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Barbara_Bush/) (1925 - ) <DT class=quote> <DT class=quote>The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/123.html) <DD class=author>George Orwell (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/George_Orwell/) (1903 - 1950), Polemic, May 1946, "Second Thoughts on James Burnham" <DT class=quote> <DT class=quote>War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1014.html) <DD class=author>Georges Clemenceau (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Georges_Clemenceau/) (1841 - 1929) <DT class=quote> <DT class=quote>The outcome of the war is in our hands; the outcome of words is in the council. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23948.html) <DD class=author>Homer (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Homer/) (800 BC - 700 BC), The Iliad <DT class=quote> <DT class=quote>War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/27169.html) <DD class=author>John Stuart Mill (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/John_Stuart_Mill/) (1806 - 1873) <DT class=quote> <DT class=quote>War is not its own end, except in some catastrophic slide into absolute damnation. It's peace that's wanted. Some better peace than the one you started with. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/25886.html) <DD class=author>Lois McMaster Bujold (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Lois_McMaster_Bujold/), "The Vor Game", 1990 <DT class=quote> <DT class=quote>What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26897.html) <DD class=author>Mahatma Gandhi (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Mahatma_Gandhi/) (1869 - 1948), "Non-Violence in Peace and War"
<DT class=quote> <DT class=quote>It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/377.html) <DD class=author>Robert E. Lee (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Robert_E._Lee/) (1807 - 1870) <DT class=quote> <DT class=quote>Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/27333.html) <DD class=author>Sir Winston Churchill (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Sir_Winston_Churchill/) (1874 - 1965)
<DT class=quote> <DT class=quote>One day President Roosevelt told me that he was asking publicly for suggestions about what the war should be called. I said at once 'The Unnecessary War'. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/24930.html) <DD class=author>Sir Winston Churchill (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Sir_Winston_Churchill/) (1874 - 1965), Second World War (1948)
<DT class=quote> <DT class=quote> </DT></DL>The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/3027.html) Ulysses S. Grant (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Ulysses_S._Grant/) (1822 - 1885)
<DL><DT class=quote>You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/135.html) <DD class=author>Will Rogers (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Will_Rogers/) (1879 - 1935), New York Times, Dec. 23, 1929
</DD></DL>

Pialphamu
07-06-06, 08:07 PM
Thank you very much Zodiac! By the looks of it you got into plenty of trouble in your younger years! LOL;)

10thzodiac
07-06-06, 09:21 PM
Pialphamu, as a kid my nickname was Butch and when I went out to play the mothers in the neighborhood brought their chidren in. Hmmm?

I got into allot of trouble in my day but either didn't get caught or came out smelling like a rose.

I couldn't work for anybody long after getting out of Corps (not blaming the Corps) went into my own business at 40 and retired at 53. Thats me...

yellowwing
07-07-06, 03:52 PM
Homer (800 BC - 700 BC), The Iliad
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
Good one!

mlurtsema
07-07-06, 04:26 PM
How pathetic a life it must be for those who have nothing they are willing to die for. It is wonderful to have a lot to live for -- but without having something that is more important than your life....:sick:

10thzodiac
07-07-06, 07:47 PM
living to die, dieing to live

yellowwing
07-07-06, 08:07 PM
living to die, dieing to live
Bruce Springsteen? :nerd:

junker316
07-07-06, 08:37 PM
Sounds like a run off of Harley Davison. Living to ride, riding to live. But hey...what other options do we have? All must live to die and dying is only the end result of living. Besides the paying of taxes and not being able to pick your family...there isn't much more any-one can do about it. LOL.

mlurtsema
07-08-06, 04:39 AM
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Homer

mlurtsema
07-08-06, 04:40 AM
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Homer

10thzodiac
07-08-06, 06:38 AM
"I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket." ~ General Smedley Butler

General Smedley Butler was asked how long he estimated it would take to train a man to fight. "Well," he replied, "if you want to send him three thousand miles away to fight, at least six months' training will be needed. If he was defending his home, it would take about an hour."

mlurtsema
07-09-06, 02:52 PM
General Butler was a wise man.

10thzodiac
07-09-06, 04:20 PM
Maj. Gen. Smedley D. Butler, USMC <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Major General Smedley Darlington Butler, one of the most colorful officers in the Marine Corps' long history, was one of the two Marines who received two...