PDA

View Full Version : When Marines Get Mad

semfi01
06-27-06, 10:51 AM
When does a Marine get mad, WHEN AMERICA IS ATTACKED!! From within or from the outside it makes no difference. I'm a simple Marine, not a politician so I may not be able to speak as well as our congressmen, but I know our country is in deep trouble and we as Marines must come together to defend her as we always have and always will. The "Al-Jazeera Times of New York City" has wounded our governments ability to fight this war and protect our country. The sad thing is they are too stupid to understand the severity of their action. We as Marines may not be able to do too much to hurt them but we can make our views heard. We must contact our public officials and tell them to stand together, as we do, in this fight. Congress cannot allow the media to continue to tell our enemies how we our tracking them down. The garbage I hear today from the media is sounding a lot like the garbage I heard during Vietnam. If it continues to be nothing more than a political war between the two parties (Democrat and Republican) this war will result in the same conclusion for Iraq as did Vietnam. THIS IS NOT A GAME, our very existance as a country free from fear of attack from fanatics depends on our winning.
What can we do? Call for a Special Prosecutor to find the source of of the leaks.
Boycot the "Al-Jazeera Times" formerly known as The New York Times.
Contact advertizers and warn them against adveritising in that rag.
Contact your Congressmen and Senators and warn them " WE WILL VOTE"
WE AS MARINES WILL ALWAYS DEFEND OUR COUNTRY WITH OUR DYING BREATH, but now we must make our voices heard. SEMPER FI

10thzodiac
06-27-06, 02:13 PM
General Zinni of the Marines and Army Chief of Staff Shinseki both warned that the occupation force would have to be much larger than the invasion force, at least twice what it is now. Zinni recommended using the Iraqi Army, purged of Saddam loyalists, to maintain order and avoid a period of lawlessness. Democrats in Congress, including John Kerry, warned that going into <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><ST1:pIraq</st1:country-region> without United Nations approval and help would undermine our claims of good intentions. We would be seen as an invading and occupying army rather than a participant in an international police action.

Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz dismissed all these warnings with a wave of the hand. The Iraqi people would be so grateful that they would immediately set to work building a democratic model for the Muslim world, using growing oil revenues to assume the financial burden. Not only did we not need more than 130,000 troops, we would begin bringing those home by the summer of 2004.<O:p