PDA

View Full Version : treason at the NYT?

OLD_SALT
06-27-06, 07:17 AM
Has the NYT crossed the line? By publishing a HIGHLY Classified program to used save American's lives, has it committed treason?

MSNBC has a POLL, but only 32% of its readers think so.. What do you think?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/

ps: please pass this on.

OLE SARG
06-27-06, 08:47 AM
The NYT's is a rag and the editor is a f#$%ing traitor and needs a loving session with Bubba!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

ese4mc
06-27-06, 09:14 AM
DON*T THE 1ST AMENDMANT GIVE THESE SCUM THE RIGHT TO TELL ANYTHING THEY THINK IS NEWS & THE RIGHT TO DECIDE WHAT IS & ISN*T SECRET--CLOSE THE BUMS DOWN--BETWEEN THEM.THE WASHINTON POST &
L.A. TIMES THEY ALL FEEL IT IS THEIR RIGHT TO TELL "SECRETS" :thumbdown :mad:

semfi01
06-27-06, 09:51 AM
Maybe they sould rename the New York Times, "The Al-Jazeera Times" and make "Mr. Murtha" the chief editor

ggyoung
06-27-06, 05:37 PM
It don't matter what we say here. Nothing will happen to them. The s#$% heads always slither under the rocks.

muck
06-27-06, 05:57 PM
MSNBC has a POLL, but only 32% of its readers think so

Maybe thats because they only poll the liberal democrats. Most of the media polls always show a leaning toward the left.

SF,
Muck

Gary Hall
06-27-06, 06:38 PM
Marines: I've got about as much use for the NYT as I have for ANOTHER dose of the clap. But I should preface this with an apology for having lived too long. I had a paper route during WWII and I still remember the tone and substance of the then current headlines and reporting, it was all reassuring (Ernie Pyle, Bill Mauldin, et al). Another recent lick similar to that afforded by the NYT was very recently when the President of BOEING said he looked forward to the day when Boeing was no longer an American Company. So now I appreciate and understand what Gen Patton meant when he said: " . . . # $ * ! How I hate the 20th (& now the 21st) century!" I had to paraphrase men, don't want to upset the moderator (I've, in earlier times, been awarded several doses of 5 days B & W, for less serious offenses. ) It seems to me in this enlightened age, you can say anything in public, only don't be redneckish and crude about it, be sweet and fuzzy and politely mouth away. Doesn't require any sweat nor brains, and there is more money in it, after all this is what the NYT is all about. Gary Hall PFC W-3-1 50-51

OLD_SALT
06-27-06, 07:14 PM
I didn't want Y'All to think that I was a hit and run poster on this Forum.. I only occasionally make comments here, because I don't want Y'All to think that this ol' squid was cutting in on a Marine Board.

I believe that the Editor and board members of the NYT should be called to justify their actions in front of Congress..

For kripe sake.. Oil Executives have been made to explain to Congress why their companies make 12 cents a gallon on gasoline, and Athletes have been called in front of Congress to explain steroid use.. why the heck don't they call the NYT Execs to Congress to explain why they are aiding and abetting the enemy?

OLD_SALT
US Navy 1965 - 71
US Navy Reserve 1979 - 85
Vietnam Combat Search and Rescue 1967

ivalis
06-27-06, 08:07 PM
Please note that the Wall Street Journal published similar stories.

Hardly a liberal media outlet.

OLD_SALT
06-28-06, 06:54 AM
Please note that the Wall Street Journal published similar stories.

Hardly a liberal media outlet.

With all due respect ivalis, and in all honesty, it wouldn't make a difference to me if it were my Grand Niece's Sunday School News Letter that put our Nation's security, and our brave fighting Men and Women's lives in danger, by exposing (legal) highly classified Intelligence programs...

The Editors and Executives of those publications should be brought before Congress, to explain why they feel that a News Story is more important than the security of the United States..

Osotogary
06-28-06, 07:27 AM
I wonder how many terrorists have the New York Times on their "must read" list?

semfi01
06-28-06, 08:52 AM
In a time of WAR, after OUR country has been attacked, NOBODY has the right to make public secret information that can endanger OUR country. Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves, I can't believe Freedom of the Press or Speech covers Benedict Arnold or "The Al-Jazeera Times of New York". Semper Fi

His_angel
06-28-06, 09:14 AM
There is also a poll about "Should it be illegal to burn the flag?"

I voted and as of my vote only 21% of those responding thought it should be illegal. Sure was the opposite of what I was expecting/hoping to see.

Angel