PDA

View Full Version : General of 39 years busted & Drummed out

10thzodiac
06-25-06, 07:52 PM
Alledgedly because he contradicted Mr. Rumsfeld by saying publicly that the Army was overstretched in Iraq and Afghanistan and needed more soldiers.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050612/OPINION01/506120362

MillRatUSMC
06-25-06, 08:06 PM
So much for the chain of command loyality to those that serve...is the leadership now full of "yes" men...loyality is suppose to go up and come down.
That no loner seems to be the case...
Sad...

kentmitchell
06-26-06, 07:13 AM
I don't understand why anyone is wetting their pants and worrying about a general who was tight with Shinseki. Shinseki was a Clinton Chairman of the JCS because he went along with the Clinton Admin's plans to wreck the U.S. military.
And Shinseki didn't testify before Congress when the Clinton Admin de-balled the military.
Shinseki, remember, is the guy who took the black beret away from rangers and introduced it to the entire army (no big deal really; girl scouts wear berets).
We may never know the REAL reason the general was kicked out, but he probably deserved it.
There's a time to argue but when the boss decided the way he wants to go it's time to join the program or leave.

OLE SARG
06-26-06, 08:57 AM
I wonder if shinseki ever got on his knees for "suck my weiner" clinton!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
06-26-06, 08:59 AM
Marine 4 Star Anthoney C. Zinni's forthright, position was also attacked by some politicos in the White House and elsewhere who said he should be "loyal" and not criticise the government during war time. Zinni retorted, "Suppose you went to war with a rifle that malfunctioned and got your soldiers killed, would you just keep your mouth shut and let your men be killed or would you speak up?" He went on to say, "We have a policy in this war that is worse than a malfunctioning rifle, and it is our American duty to speak up", just as General Shinseki has spoken up and as have others who worked in the CIA, Military Intelligence, Inspection of Iraq group and others.

d c taveapont
06-26-06, 07:05 PM
stay the course...oh yes! that phase which has been made famous. by those who think that they know whats good for those in war.....gotta remember...you go too war with what you have...and NOT what you wish for....Let me ask this question...this so called NEW iraq governaments idea of Amnesty for the insurgents and terrorist....Our nations finest have died for their freedom.(iraq)..and this is how the NEW iraqi governament thinks....Will they can kiss my ass....and anyone who still thinks that stay the course is the answer....

10thzodiac
06-26-06, 07:41 PM
stay the course...oh yes! that phase which has been made famous. by those who think that they know whats good for those in war.....gotta remember...you go too war with what you have...and NOT what you wish for....Let me ask this question...this so called NEW iraq governaments idea of Amnesty for the insurgents and terrorist....Our nations finest have died for their freedom.(iraq)..and this is how the NEW iraqi governament thinks....Will they can kiss my ass....and anyone who still thinks that stay the course is the answer....

I'm with you brother:yes:

SF

yellowwing
06-26-06, 10:28 PM
The artlcle's focus was on SecDef Rumsfeld and Gen Riggs. Nothing about Billy Boy.

I think this Gen Riggs situation is another Loyalty Versus Honesty (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28593&highlight=integrity) question brought up by General Joseph P. Hoar, U.S. Marine Corps.

redneck13
06-27-06, 12:33 PM
:mad: :evilgrin: :flag: Rummy Dummy, is one of the most arrogant Bass Turd's I've seen come out of the Insanity of Politician's. His remarks when people were wanting him to get booted out was, "I'm at the Presidents' beckon call", or some b.s. like that. In other words, "I will do whatever my masser wants boss!!" And it carries over to anyone who speaks their mind against what Rummy and Dummy wants. That's right, King George has botched this war. I agree with the General, but, I know from experience, you can't open your mouth without consequences. Even if it means saving lives. And it just blows my mind that Rummy wouldn't realize what the Gen. said, it's truth. All I know is all this crap, makes me sick to my stomach.

MillRatUSMC
06-27-06, 01:13 PM
To whom it may concern...

If you can't answer a man argument, all is not lost;
You still can call him vile names.
Elbert Hubbard
In this case, we call the general vile names,
Yet, he was the injured party.
Is this striking too close to home?
Might the leader you thought was beyond reproach,
Has prove that he is a human being prone to making errors.
Many now are re-considering their vote, due to many things.
Iraq being one, pardoning illegals another.
Is this striking too close to home.
All is not lost, we can still call him vile names.
Than "I had other priorities" he now boast of how well were doing on tracking and monitoring countless of Americans, in the millions.
All is not lost,
We can still call him vile names.
How do we define patriotism?
If a man tells the truth as he sees the truth.
Is he less a patroit?
All is not lost.
We still can call him vile names...