PDA

View Full Version : Criminal background question!!!

karkrazy1243553
06-25-06, 06:20 PM
Im trying to get into the marines and i have a criminal record. I have 8-9 speeding tickets, ive been on probation for running away when i was younger, ive been on house arrest last year for driving...

outlaw3179
06-25-06, 06:49 PM
talk to a recruiter, they will be able to best answer and all questions you may have. I do know you cannot join while on probation.

Sixguns
06-25-06, 07:09 PM
The Marine Corps looks at juvenille and youthful offenses the sames as all others. You will need a waiver. You can not be on probation or be under any type of ongoing court action in order to process for enlistment. A recruiter will need to run court and police background checks to ensure the status of your offenses are all closed. You will also need to have a few character references and your probation officer will have to submit a recommendation in order to process a waiver. Hopefully, you have information and accomplishments that will outweigh these issues and show others how you have matured since the offenses.

karkrazy1243553
06-25-06, 08:41 PM
While I'am in no current probation matters I would like to ask if you guys have any suggestions on what i can do to make myself look more eligible, and also some examples of who I should get to fill out my character refferances. I'am honestly not a trouble maker, I was just a confused kid. I know i have what it takes to be a United States Marine and I would like to be given the opportunity to earn that coveted title. Thanks

kovanfleet
06-26-06, 12:57 AM
i think you can get some of that exsponged if it was while you were a minor. at the most i think you would need to take some college classes. you shouldnt have much proublem when you see the recruiter as long as you have a high school diploma. its really hard to have a GED and criminal record.
just make sure you tell the recruiter every thing that is on or might be on your record. GL with everything

karkrazy1243553
06-26-06, 03:47 AM
Yeah I do have a GED and a criminal record.

Brooklyn
06-26-06, 06:44 AM
You're going to need to get 15 credit hours of college level courses ( 100 and above ), else there will be a small chance of you getting in. For instance, my local Recruiting Station only sent in 4 G.E.D. applicants for all of the last fiscal year.

Sixguns
06-26-06, 07:17 AM
Having the college credits is the best way to overcome the GED issue. As far as your police record... The question is "Have you ever been charged, arrested, fined or convicted of any crime to include...

kovanfleet
06-26-06, 02:06 PM
My friend was going to do the buddy system with me and he was in your same situation. he had a GED and a criminal record with 10 speeding tickets and a battery charge. the recruiter said it would...

Brooklyn
06-26-06, 06:03 PM
How does someone go about getting so many speeding tickets? I'm 24 and I've only had 2 speeding tickets in the 8 years I've been licensed to drive. Don't get me wrong, I speed, but I don't do it in front of police officers, over and over and over X 3 again.

I just don't get it...

karkrazy, with your traffic wrap sheet, there ain't a better name for you. :thumbup:

Shadowman777
06-26-06, 07:55 PM
Yo Guns - <br />
<br />
I thought getting his offenses exponged was a good idea - but you would know better then I. LOL - I remember 6 out of 60 guys in my boot platoon were in the Corps because a judge gave...

Shadowman777
06-26-06, 07:57 PM
How does someone go about getting so many speeding tickets? I'm 24 and I've only had 2 speeding tickets in the 8 years I've been licensed to drive. Don't get me wrong, I speed, but I don't do it in front of police officers, over and over and over X 3 again.

He lives in Grand Island, NE. I've been there. It not an island, neither is it grand! It's a one horse town.

My guess why? Sheer boredom!

Sixguns
06-26-06, 08:02 PM
Like I stated, less than two percent of all future Marines get in with a GED. It will be harder to get a non-grad slot than it will be to get a waiver for minor traffic violations.

Courts cannot give military service as a punishment or option to avoid punishment. Nor can any member of the military lobby a court on behalf of an applicant.

Times have changed!!! LOL

Shadowman777
06-26-06, 08:23 PM
Like I stated, less than two percent of all future Marines get in with a GED. It will be harder to get a non-grad slot than it will be to get a waiver for minor traffic violations.

Courts cannot give military service as a punishment or option to avoid punishment. Nor can any member of the military lobby a court on behalf of an applicant.

Times have changed!!! LOL

Well that sucks on many levels! Homeschooled kids get shafted (and they a hell of a lot better educated then public schooled kids) - and what good is having friends in high places if they are of no influence? I mean, geez, that's the American way! And can you think of a better way to straight out the @ss of a juvenile then Marine Corps boot camp??? LOL

Well, I guess I'm a dinosaur. But then again, I am of the "Starship Trooper" line of thinking. No serve country? No citizenship and no vote!

Just call me Tea ... T-Rex if you're nasty ....

Marine84
06-26-06, 09:20 PM
LMAO T REX!!!!!!!

I remember meeting this Marine one time that got in that way too - straightened him out.................somewhat - wasn't around long enough to see what he had to do with that "JOKER" tattoo on his neck - I think his collar on his dress shirts covered it but boy did it stick out in them cammies.

Shadowman777
06-26-06, 09:36 PM
LMAO T REX!!!!!!!

I remember meeting this Marine one time that got in that way too - straightened him out.................somewhat - wasn't around long enough to see what he had to do with that "JOKER" tattoo on his neck - I think his collar on his dress shirts covered it but boy did it stick out in them cammies.

That's Mr. T-Rex!

Hey, I would be fair and balanced about this voting procedure! I am thinking the following breakdown works quite well:

1) No service, no vote
2) Each Marine vote equals 1000 votes
3) Each Army-puke vote equals 10 votes
4) Each Air Force vote equals 1 vote
4) Each Squid vote equals -10 votes.

Seems fair and balanced to me!

TimSinner
06-30-06, 02:47 AM
Well Sandoval keep ypur head up! You just got to get in! Do what ever you can in your power to get in! Keep strong!

mlurtsema
06-30-06, 03:58 AM
Just make sure you don't lie about your past going in. They will ask you if you have hidden anything about your past when you go through processing. If you don't fess up, and your history is found out, you will not get a waiver. It will be ugly and it is a long walk home.

Camper51
06-30-06, 10:58 AM
That's Mr. T-Rex!

Hey, I would be fair and balanced about this voting procedure! I am thinking the following breakdown works quite well:

1) No service, no vote
2) Each Marine vote equals 1000 votes
3) Each Army-puke vote equals 10 votes
4) Each Air Force vote equals 1 vote
4) Each Squid vote equals -10 votes.

Seems fair and balanced to me!

Ya got it all wrong there, Shadowman777, squid votes are worth at least 50, and Corpsmen, especially Fleet Corpsmen get 1000 in my book, maybe more...

Shadowman777
06-30-06, 06:23 PM
Ya got it all wrong there, Shadowman777, squid votes are worth at least 50, and Corpsmen, especially Fleet Corpsmen get 1000 in my book, maybe more...

I stand corrected. Fleet Corpsmen should get 1000 votes as well. My bad.

I also agree to the 50 votes for Squids. I was just cracking on the sea urchins with the minus 10 votes.

cplbrooks
07-01-06, 02:03 PM
criminal record waiver + GED = forget it. Your past reflects bad judgement and a lack of commitment. Other than heart, these are the two most important traits for a successful Marine Corps career. I am afraid that you would be a walking time bomb or a train wreck just waiting to happen.