PDA

View Full Version : An Old Jarhead Speaks His Mind

fontman
06-25-06, 11:02 AM
An Old Jarhead Speaks His Mind
June 25, 2006
The Rogue Jew

A friend of mine emailed me this letter that was written by a former member of the United States Marine Corps.

As we all know, Congressman John Murtha (D-PA) is himself a former Marine who has chosen as of late to do nothing but slander the Men and Women who proudly serve the people of the United States in the Marine Corps. He has chosen a path of support for the Islamic Terrorists who want to kill American Soldiers and has forgotten what it means to be at war.

Phil is a retired Marine who is 55 years old. He would do anything to, once again, put on the uniform of the country he loves and fight against the threat he knows exists. Phil has experience in defending his nation. He did so with valor during Vietnam. He still relies on his instincts of right and wrong to guide his life.

My friends, Now we are told that [the two American soldiers] had their genitals cut off and stuffed into their mouth. They were beheaded. They were tortured unmercifully while still alive by the disciples of Allah, and I hear no words of outrage from the "left" today. Not a single word from Kennedy, Kerry, Pelosi, Howard Dean or Cindy Sheehan. If they speak at all, it is only to blame our president. Shame on the liberals. Shame on the Democrats. Shame on the MSM (mainstream media).

They were U.S. Marines. They were America's finest. They were slaughtered.

There is a growing chorus coming from the "left" today urging us to close Gitmo. At Gitmo we have detained 432 terrorists. These vermin are the worst scum on the planet. We are at war. Can I say that again? WE ARE AT WAR!

At Gitmo these proud, bloodthirsty, murdering cowards have the following amenities:

Air conditioning; three meals per day; they have their Qurans; and, they have an army of ACLU types willing to do their bidding.

At Gitmo they eat better than you and me. Yet, all we hear from the "left" today is that we must close Gitmo because of our abuse of those poor terrorists. Lies and audacity.

Meanwhile, when our enemies detain our troops, America's best and America's bravest get slaughtered in the name of Allah.

Where is the treasonous press today? Why aren't the headlines today filled with rage for this subhuman enemy?

My friends, allow me to share just a shred of truth with you: "Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Said differently? Many in this nation do not deserve the freedom these brave soldiers have provided us. Can you think of another time in history where there was such blindness, hypocrisy and lack of honor?

I am depressed. I am discouraged. I want to fight back. I don't know what to do. I have never felt so uneasy or so helpless. I suppose this letter today is my way of coping with my sadness and anger. Please forgive me.

Will America wake up in time? Will we find the courage to face this enemy and defeat him? If we sleep on, if we continue to give way to the "politically correct," I am afraid we will be overrun and our children will rise up and curse us.

If there was ever a time to pray, perhaps it is in this time.

Semper Fi,

From an old and frustrated jarhead.

I guess it's a good thing we didn't have men and women like John Murtha, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton when we were fighting the Nazis and the Japanese during World War 2. France would be speaking German instead of Arabic right now, and just how many more millions of people would have perished at the hands of that times Axis of Evil had America not "Interfered"?

John Murtha and John Kerry are a disgrace to this Nation and especially to the uniform that they once wore. Love of Country and honoring the uniform that they once wore is something that escapes these two. It has occured to me more then once that men like Murtha and Kerry never joined the military to serve their country, they joined for selfish reasons only to serve their political ambitions of Screwing America.

One last question. Did it ever occur to anyone else that Liberal Columnist Helen Thomas could be John Murtha dressed in drag? Just one of those thought to make you gag!

Gary Hall
06-25-06, 02:02 PM
Your comments are totally appreciated and supported. Gary Hall, PFC, W-3-1, 1950 - 51. Some of you intelligent ones out there, help an old PFC to understand how the Moderator can ask that responses be polite and considerate to positions that are repugnant and unworthy? What has happened to respond in kind? I am old enough to remember journalists photos of Jewish children during WW II showing mothers dutifully shepherding their children along to their fate, in total conformance, while under guard by the Nazi's. I would much appreciate a view from the likes of Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, or Chesty Puller. Kindest regards, Gary Hall, Tyler, TX

WalkingMan
06-25-06, 02:50 PM
Some of you intelligent ones out there, help an old PFC to understand how the Moderator can ask that responses be polite and considerate to positions that are repugnant and unworthy? What has happened to respond in kind?

In my opinion, 'responding in kind' is a weaker strategy than following one's own code of conduct.

When confronted with a sniveling, lying worm, a fool, an idiot, or an enemy who commits all sorts of deranged, monstrous atricities in the name of God, etc., 'responding in kind' would bring me down to the level of the individual whose behaviour I have no respect for, and I would wind up having no respect for myself.

No thanks.

Gary Hall
06-26-06, 09:57 AM
Thank you for a considerate response. I should suggest that my life's experiences have caused me to look at the choices we each make daily as "options", or in the computer science world " ... if ... then ... else ...". One of my several favorite authors, Col. T. R. Fehrenback, in his book LONE STAR, on page 549: " ... Mackenzie, who was probably the single most effective Indian fighter on the Plains, never became an American hero like Custer (he lost). He (Mackenzie) did not fight like a Civil War hero; he fought Indians their own way, until they sickened of it. (Mackenzie won). I have learned to be careful of being concerned with "self respect", perhaps there can be something more worthy (a set of values?), in life. Since I understand and agree that I am a sinner (I know myself better than anyone else) I must conclude that there be something more appropriate in this life, than self. I remember the Indian Braves stated they could not live without war. I suggest therefore a review of history shows if you choose war, then you want to be sure you do not lose. Losing a war can be really bad medicine. I am thankful (not proud) that I can say truthfully I once worked for Chesty Puller and I never believed he was concerned with "self respect". I have to believe there is something much more worthy than self respect, which can become hazardous to your well being, and Chesty knew what it was. In my time I have learned to also be wary around those who profess to be "intelligent". John Murtha claims to have been "an Intelligence Officer". Some intelligence I have suffered from over the years: the 2nd SecDef Louis Johnson, Gen'l MacArthur's staff prior to entering N. Korea in 1950, Robert McNamara, LBJ, the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) and the list goes on and on. In closing, my all time favorite President wil remain Harry Truman, an honest man. He once said in public in reference to our Nation, " ... we are a Christian Nation ... " and nobody objected. As he made his early morning walk around the White House grounds it is reported he frequently spoke to a stately old tree, doffing his hat in the custom of the day and stating: ".. You're doing a good job!) Thank you President Harry Truman.
Lord, save me from intelligence. Kindest regards, Gary Hall PFC W-3-1, 1950 - 1951.

lovdog
06-26-06, 12:22 PM
You know, I've always said that 95% of this Nation is made up of some pretty good people. There is no country that is more giving than the United States - this has been proven time and time again - not only monetary giving, but a people that are willing to put their lives on the line over & over again to help in the defense of others that are living under brutal conditions and ruled by dictators.
Now, the other group in the USA (the 5%) are put on this planet to make our lives as miserable as possible. These are the ones that strive to divide the USA, ruin what good values and morals that we still have left, remove God and pride from our daily lives and tell us time and time again that this is for our own good!!! The days of the "majority rules" are long gone - taken over by ACLU and Supreme Court rulings to further weaken our resolve.
America longs for leadership - something that we haven't seen around in a long time. I think thats why so many mention Marines of yesteryear - because they remember a time when your Marine leaders were rough & tough, at the front lines with their troops - leading by example, and because of this attitude that officers carried, the troops under them would in turn follow them "into the fire"!!
I don't know about you guys, but when President Bush stood atop the rubble that was once the "Towers" and proclaimed - "The people that knocked these buildings down will soon hear from us"!! At that time - he became a Harry Truman, George Washington - and Patton & Chesty Puller all rolled into one!! The Nation was behind him at that time 100% - what the hell happened???
As usual, between Washington Politics and the Media - they made sure that no one would stand above the crowd for long!! Parties bickering, Congressman grandstanding, elections looming in the near future -our leaders in Washington now forget that they voted to send our boys (& girls) to a war but now have decided to change their minds - we have to blame others instead of ourselves they bellow!! How quickly the tide changes.
We've lost 2500+ so far and scores on top of that wounded. I'm, like most of you behind our troops 100% - they've done a good job, one that takes some guts and determination to continue the "good fight"!! I thought that we were into this war to not only take away the threat of WMD and kill the bad guys, but to free a people and make them our ally - not just fight one day and "just leave"!! That makes no sense at all!! Come on Mr. President - your supposed to be surrounded by the most intelligent that our country has to offer - give us the plan!! Make us all understand that our sacrifices are not in vain!! Put those loudmouths in Washington in their place - your the Commander in Chief (of the Marines), if you can't do it, who can?? SF

2motorbike
06-26-06, 01:46 PM
I'm wondering how many have noticed the "5%" are, for the most part, anti-Christian and anti-God. Yeah, we're at war, but maybe some don't realize the real war is being fought on a spiritual level. Our nation has been blessed beyond imagination, but those blessings are slip-sliding away because we are allowing the 5% to ruin it for the rest of us.

II Chronicles 7:14 "If my people which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

How do we fight spiritual war? Pray for YHWH to turn the iniquity of the wicked back upon them. It's called imprecatory prayer people.

nuff said.

artymarine
06-26-06, 05:05 PM
To my Brothers, I too am an old Marine, and I tried to get back in 2003. First time in my life, I was told, I was too old. We need to conduct our occupation as we did the rollup in 2003.
Screw the Left,
Murtha is a pig whose end of tour awards are in question.
Kennedy killed more people in his car than most Marines can claim.
Nothing else can be said about Kerry that has not already been said.

Leave our troops alone and let them do their job. Quit taking the word of the enemy to indict our troops

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the Lord my strenght, which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Semper Fi