PDA

View Full Version : Can fraud discharged recruits re-enlist?

marinedropout
06-23-06, 10:06 PM
As you can see from my name, I am a Marines Corp dropout. I was fraudulent discharged for hiding past medical records from mephs(discharged from boot). It was mainly because I got sick...

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-24-06, 08:05 PM
Hold on, you hid your past and were discharged for that. What does that have to do with being homesick? Did you tell them what you had done? <br />
<br />
Regardless, I don't have an answer for you. I would say...

marinedropout
06-24-06, 11:44 PM
Yes Sir, I doubt a recruiter will want to talk to me. Well here's the story, when I enlisted, I had a past medical record which I was told not to tell mephs. If I did, I probably wouldn't have been able to enlist. But when I got to boot camp, I got sick, really bad, a flu, cold + fever or something. I was PTing while I was sick and developed chest pain which I thought was my past medical records. I panic'd and told about my medical history. While I was sick, I was asked whether I wanted to stay or go home. Unable to keep up with boot and also seperated from my platoon, I decided to quit. After I came home, it struck me the hardest. But I took this road, life must go on. I've learned alot from the Corp. I really wish I can get a second chance to earn the title but if I don't get it, I'd understand.

I got my DD214, it says I should have a re-enlistment opportunity. But I guess it's up to which recruiter I face that will allow me to re-enlist.

Yes I am ashame, I was 17 and was not mentally matured. I really didn't have the slightest clue of what I was doing with life. Everything just pretty much went to the pit.

But thank you Sir for your response. Have a good day Sir.

marinegreen
06-25-06, 12:23 AM
Plain AND SIMPLE,YOU TOOK A YOUNGMAN CHICKEN CHIT way out. Hey I think its safe to say we all have done something to embarrass ourselves at early ages,heck even at adult level. Are you 100% sure you'd be up for the challenge again ????????? We all got homesick when we were in boot and the only reason for it is cuz we all ?'ed why in the frug did we let ourselves get into this where all these guys with smokey hats do is scream,yell and belittle us. They do it for more then one reason.People have done alot worse then you and have gotten 2nd chances so I say if your mentally,physically prepared this time and your DD214 states you can give it another shot sometime then by all means do it,theres more then one recruiting station. But if this becomes a reality for you I would damn sure keep your mouth shut and dont let it get out, some arseholes love to cause trouble and back stab so just lock it away somewhere deep in your memory bank. GOOD LUCK !!!

marinedropout
06-25-06, 08:24 AM
Sir, all I can say is YES SIR! THANK YOU SIR! Yes sir I'm up for another challenge. I will look around and be careful. Thank you sir for the advice. It just made my day better. Thank you so much Sir.

Sixguns
06-25-06, 02:53 PM
Your enlistment was not a matter to take lightly. There were too many chances for you to come clean and be truthful and honest about your medical history. If you would have told someone before training, it would have saved everyone some time and energy. In recruit training, once known, it becomes a little harder. It is even harder if you are using that medical reason to get sent home. You need to round up all your medical documents that address the medical issue that sent you home. If it has been more than a year, you may be able to start the process of getting a waiver to re-join. You will have an uphill battle to prove you are medically all good and that you can complete training.

marinedropout
06-25-06, 10:47 PM
Sir, I did tell about my medical problem but was told not to tell. I didn't expect this to happen to me but it did. And I have to move on from it now. When the time comes for me to try and re-enlist, I will give it my best effort. I'm still maturing and searching for moral quality. I've spoken enough. I salute all Marines and look up to you fine people as heroes. Know that I am one person that will always stand by Marines whether I'm one or not. Good morning, good afternoon and good evening Marines. Good bless you all.

cplbrooks
07-01-06, 01:42 PM
no offense but, dont bother. I am not sure i would want you watching my back or that of my brothers. If you couldnt handle a few weeks of Boot then you dont have the right stuff. That is ok, not everybody has what it takes. Maybe you should consider the national guard?

If your medical history would have disqualified you then what makes you think it isnt still disqualifying?

ssgt spanndw
07-01-06, 04:33 PM
Im 99% sure u arent elegible unti 2 yrs after your discharge date. <br />
<br />
SSgt Spann:flag:

junker316
07-01-06, 06:13 PM
Marinedropout <br />
<br />
Here is the something I know alot of us have heard a million times. You were told not to say a word about your past medical history. I know of at least 200 others that did that...

GySgtRet
07-01-06, 06:35 PM
I want to get you straight on a few things.

1. The Corps is not Corp. (this is a short name for a corporation)
2. You haven't said anything about what your mediacal condition was therefore no body could possibly help you.
3. Your Recruiter did not screw you. I know that you didn't say that just clearing the air.
4. I think it is two years for you to try again, not sure?
5. Do you have any idea how much you have costed the tax payers by doing your little homesick routine?
6. I agree with cplbrooks.

Good Luck

junker316
07-01-06, 07:14 PM
I want to get you straight on a few things.

1. The Corps is not Corp. (this is a short name for a corporation)
2. You haven't said anything about what your mediacal condition was therefore no body could possibly help you.
3. Your Recruiter did not screw you. I know that you didn't say that just clearing the air.
4. I think it is two years for you to try again, not sure?
5. Do you have any idea how much you have costed the tax payers by doing your little homesick routine?
6. I agree with cplbrooks.

Good Luck

GySgtRet don't be to hard on the lad. Youngness equals stupidness. Mistakes are made and then it is something else to try to rectify them. I'm sure he has had a chance to rethink how stupid it was to go home because he was homesick. I agree with you though about naming what his medical condition is. But I still think it's a year and not 2 years. Hopefully he learned from his mistake and doesn't try it again if allowed to try to earn our beloved Emblem. I suggested he get another handle since he didn't make it to Marine status.

marinedropout
07-04-06, 12:24 AM
I appreciate all of you that responded. I can be disappointed and shocked at the negative response but I choose not to be. I've already dealt with the Drill Instructors in boot. They've already insulted me on my behalf. Yes, it wasn't the Marines that screwed me over, I screwed myself over. I understand all that. I choosed to go home because my mommy wasn't there to take care of me while I was sick. I admit to it all. I'm pathetic, afraid and sissy, all those names you can call me. I'll agree to it.

And I thank the positive response, as of right now, it's all about redemption. I will redeem myself one way or the other. I came back from boot as a no body. I spent the past years in search of myself. Wondering about my life and why it came to be this way. While I was younger I had no patience. After these years, I've learned patience, I learned that I have to wait in order to gain. While waiting I'd have to live with what I have and take everything step by step. I promised myself that I'd finish college and then head back to the Corp. And I hope that I will meet a fortunate recruiter who will let me back in. If not, I'll live with my past. The Marine Corps taught me that much.

Thank you all.

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening Marines.

marinedropout
07-04-06, 12:33 AM
Hey sgt(junker), just wondering if you're still in the corps or are you a vet?/what was your MOS? Curious, thanks.
And what did you mean by a crackhead cover you while you were deployed? You're 03xx?

marinedropout
07-04-06, 12:40 AM
Nevermind, I read your info Sir. Good day.