PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Tired of Everyone's negative attitude?

Barret
06-23-06, 04:35 PM
Today, I opened up an Issue of Newsweek, to a random page, And what is the First thing my eye spots? "ZARWQAWI'S SUCCESSOR: The Dath of Abu Mussah al-Zarwaqi is Unlikely to have put much of a dent in the ranks of Iraq's Insurgents. I am pesonally Tired of the American Media, American people, etc. Having such a bad attitude. When It comes to the War/Problems in America, All too often I see unending complaints, with not a whisper of a way to fix it. Maybe if we spent more time trying to fix the problem, than to blame everyone else(Schools,Government,etc.) We could find a Solution. And for every 1 good thing that seems to happen in the country, these certain people find 2 more things to find wrong with it.

I do realize, though, That there are an abundance of Great Americans, Who are an asset to this great country. They are the ones who are trying to solve the problems, not just pass blame.

Thank God for these people.

Static_Sky25
06-23-06, 05:30 PM
and I'm also impressed with the way you expressed your thought... good to see a few well said words that I couldn't have come up with :)

Tallboot
06-23-06, 06:25 PM
You could take Osama and Saddams body's, Show live footage and pictures put it on tv. The whole media would say "DID WE REALLY GET THEM?" "TROUBLES STILL ARENT OVER" .. They make more money off complaining, denying, lieing, changing stories then telling the truth. Some of Media just acts like they speak for everyone. I agree

hawks
06-23-06, 06:34 PM
Getting rid of zarqawi, bin laden, saddam, etc etc wont put a big dent into terrorism. Kill one, three more pop up, theyre not being negative, theyre being realistic. You have to kill them all till theres no more left.

Barret
06-23-06, 06:51 PM
I didn't Exactly Mean that the Zarqawi Comment wasn't true, But some make it out to seem that no matter what we do, it's bad, it's getting worse, And we will fail. I mean, would we be better off if we had never killed zarqawi, and found/killed at least 800 other insurgents? (Don't qoute me on the 800, I think I read that somewhere.)

Barret
06-23-06, 06:52 PM
Also, Wouldn't it be better for Americans to see equal amounts of Pros and Cons? I think all I see on tv right now is: Bad news for a month, good news for a week. Bad news for 2 months, Good News for 4 days.

teddyn
06-23-06, 07:22 PM
I don't know, I guess it's true that the news is often depressing and negative, but when has there ever been an optimistic/friendly or even evenly divided between good and bad press? Often, when the press has been least critical has been when there was the most goverment influence in the free press. A good example is from 1937-1939 under the government of Neville Chamberlain- the guy responsible for appeasement. He had quite tight control of the press, and up until Hitler forcefully annexed the main part of Czechoslovakia, the press was very uncritical of Chamberlain's policies and positive about what he was doing. The press was prevented from airing complaints about the policy of appeasement in any substantial way.

Overall, although I agree that the media tends to make us look to the next bad thing, it's all part of the process of scrutiny; and the fact that the press is recognising a problem (such as the fact that another guy has quickly stepped into the shoes of Al-Zarqawi) is probably not a bad thing. Anyway, George W. is always a good source of optimism, so I think there's a decent balance. (my 2 cents)

What really annoys me tough is when one of the parties tries to divert attention from real issues and tries to get political gain by dividing America even further; like with the gay marriage amendment. The Republicans have been keen to emphasize that we are in a war and that the national body should be united in a common struggle; yet because their midterm prospects are looking a bit dodgy, they cynically raise the moral issues to distract us from the things some are angry with them about. (In case I'm sounding partisan, the Democrats are guilty of this also).

Anyway, just my opinion lol :)

Barret
06-23-06, 07:32 PM
I can see exactly what you're talking about. Good Post.

Tallboot
06-24-06, 11:46 PM
Didnt his own men tell us where he was?

theoaj34
06-25-06, 10:18 AM
True. I believe that the media is putting a dent in American morale. Fighting a war on "terror" is like fighting a war on "drugs" or "aids." There will be no end to the fighting. Until we kill everyone of the insurgents in Iraq, as well as all the terrorist throughout the world the war will still have to be fought. In addition, I would like for our government to castrate all the insurgent prisoners so they cannot reproduce more evil that we will end up just killing.

Thanks