PDA

View Full Version : DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency)

Covey_Rider
06-23-06, 12:02 PM
I know that it's not directly related to the Marines. But I was wondering if anybody knew anything about this agency. From what I hear there is alot of military currently reporting to this agency. Can anybody give me any information regarding anything that has to do with the DIA?

Osotogary
06-23-06, 12:05 PM
www.dia.mil/ - 13k

Wyoming
06-23-06, 03:26 PM

You made it too easy for him Gary.

You shoulda tole him to Google it and go to the 2nd link down.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=DIA&btnG=Google+Search

Jeez, sometimes it makes me wonder if Mommy still wipes their noses and makes their beds.

Covey_Rider
06-23-06, 11:50 PM
Well now you guys are just thinking I'm stupid...I did google it as a matter of fact...but I was looking for information beyond what they tell you on the website. Such as what kind of ops the Intel Officers get to go on etc. haha I do appreciate the links though.

dscusmc
06-24-06, 12:01 AM
DIA is a huge agency and the types of "ops" that you would participate in would depend largely on your area of specialization within the agency. Go to the employment page and peruse the job openings to get a sense of what jobs there are.

As a Marine, you will have the opportunity to attend various DIA schools. As an 0231, I had attended the DIA Joint Intelligence Analysts Course and the Indications and Warnings Course.

The current Deputy Director of Human Intelligence for the DIA is Brig. Gen. Ennis. B.Gen. Ennis is a Marine intel officer who was the G-2 at III MEF, went onto Joint Intelligence Center Pacific, and eventually to become the first intel flag officer in the Marine Corps.

Osotogary
06-24-06, 12:16 AM
Covey Rider-
How's it going?
Was there a link hook up to website dia.mil? From my limited experience sometimes the attached links can provide you the information that you are seeking. I think DefenseLink is a good example. (Just letting you know that I believe there is a Defenselink website. It has been a long time since I have accessed it.) Searching for DOD on Google or Yahoo and then checking out those links will have your head spinning but you might find what you seek. I imagine that finding out what kind of operations the officers go on might get you either a very generalized, clinical, job position, vacancy posting, response. I wouldn't tell you squat until I knew more about you.
If there is information out there and on the internet I am sure that it can be found.
Good luck and all the best to you.