PDA

View Full Version : Will media ever wake up?

Mike McIntyre
06-23-06, 11:13 AM
Will the activities in Miami and Canada wake up the American media? When will we learn that these people are playing for keeps and their rules are not our rules? Terrorism, torture, and hatred run deep in these animals’ psyche. US Marines don’t go murdering old men in wheel chairs let alone get seven to plan such an act. We treat Gitmo like a Caribbean Resort while our troops and Marines live in God forsaken conditions all over the World. Our fine men and women of the US Armed Services: work, sweat, bleed, and die so that pinheaded journalist’s can spout their dribble and accusations about how wrong our great country and military is. What ever happened to the “Greatest Generation” in America; the generation that lived by Honor, Duty, and Country? I guess their offspring must all be in the Marine Corps? They sure can’t be found in the media, the universities, or in D.C. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

OLE SARG
06-23-06, 11:32 AM
The driveby media in this country will never change. Better journalism through fiction!!!!!!!! This will continue to get worse - look at what is happening in our schools from k thru 12. NO DISCIPLINE and our teachers' hands are tied as far as making the munchkins mind. The teachers can't even make children quit using profane language!!!!! SAD!!!!! AND all our so-called government can do is throw money at the problem. We spent more per student now than any other time in history AND the quality of education continues to go DOWN!!!!!!!! That ought to tell you something is wrong somewhere!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Mike McIntyre
06-23-06, 12:02 PM
Here in New Orleans they have called in the National Guard because the murder rate is out of control AGAIN!!! There are several policy makes that believe that discipline, policing, and enforcement will not help. What these people need are more programs like, “Midnight Basketball”. No Kidding. Sure they need more programs. I suggest “Yellow Footprints”!!!!!

OLE SARG
06-23-06, 12:16 PM
I still don't understand this National Guard thing. New Orleans' population is less than half of what it used to be and the so-called police dept is back to full strength. They have a few murders, which by the way, is normal for New Orleans, and they call in the National Guard. Sounds like a nagin attack. The only problem I see is a mayor who couldn't lead termites to wood. The back thing is though, the people put this slug back in office. I'll never figure that one out!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Mike McIntyre
06-23-06, 12:36 PM
Sarg:
We had 54 murders here already this year. This is Baghdad on the Bayou. Last week 5 teenagers were gunned down in one car – Drug hit. As for the mayor, he is even less liberal than the man he defeated. If you think they are clusters, take a look at our Governor. This is what government programs get you without parental and spiritual support. Like you said’ “Lets just keep throwing money at the problem.”
We could use a few D.I.s to straighten these boys out. (And I don’t mean Air Force)

quillhill
06-23-06, 03:09 PM
This reminds me why people read my community newspaper and why people in general enjoy their local, weekly or monthly community paper.

Over here, we're working on a cover story about patriotism and what it means to people in this day and age, since our next issue comes out July 5, the day after Independence Day. There will be a pair of Marines quoted in the story.

And on top of that, I've got a story with an Army Master Sargeant who lives in one of the cities I cover. She's a reservist on a nine-month deployment to Kabul, Afghanistan. Her job is to arrange religious services with chaplains for service members, serve as a chaplain's body guard when he travels outside the post, and coordinate the distribution of school supply donations for Afghan school children.

And I would like to say that according to surveys, my paper has more readership than the three local dailies combined. I have about 61 percent of the community reading my paper. So, I'm trying to present a different view of things than what our daily papers provide.

I know I'm just one reporter in a remote corner of the country, but I think I'm at least doing my part.

As for the situation in New Orleans, I don't even know what to say about that.

Osotogary
06-23-06, 03:41 PM
Who reads the newspaper any more? Who even reads the electronic news any more? I think the retired editor of the NY Times said that the only way to get readership back to it's zenith is to get the story right ...the first time and to be able to name sources, if asked.
Good luck and congrats on your readership, Quillhill.

lifer1369
06-23-06, 04:04 PM
Here on the Pacific coast, We have 2 of our young brothers being held @Camp pendleton(?) brig for murder(accident of WAR) more like it...Then there is the US Army LT. who refused to go the show with...

tkmac58
06-23-06, 04:23 PM
Here in New Orleans they have called in the National Guard because the murder rate is out of control AGAIN!!! There are several policy makes that believe that discipline, policing, and enforcement will not help. What these people need are more programs like, “Midnight Basketball”. No Kidding. Sure they need more programs. I suggest “Yellow Footprints”!!!!!
The Corps wouldnt take these thugs!