PDA

View Full Version : "Iraq WMD's Planted by Bush" and Other Forthcoming Explanations

fontman
06-22-06, 08:52 AM
June 22, 2006
Doug Powers

For years we've heard about Saddam's "weapons of mass destruction." These have been acronymed, which our busy society does ASAP to anything consisting of more than one word, as "WMD."

A big knock on President Bush has been his insistence going into Iraq that Saddam Hussein had WMD's. This claim was based on intel, not to mention thousands of gassed Kurds. Once we were there, it was reported that none were found (some say they were moved to Syria), and Bush has since been treated by his political opponents like a pinata on Cinco de Mayo over this.

Well, it turns out some have been found, but will it matter?:

Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) and Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-Mich.) announced Wednesday the finding of over 500 munitions or weapons of mass destruction, specifically "sarin- and mustard-filled projectiles," in Iraq.Reading from unclassified portions of a document developed by the U.S. intelligence community, Santorum said, "Since 2003, coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent. Despite many efforts to locate and destroy Iraq's pre-Gulf War chemical munitions, filled and unfilled pre-Gulf War chemical munitions are assessed to still exist."

Now the fun begins. What will Bush's opponents make of this? So far they've been fairly quiet, but should this story show signs of resonating with the public, get your tinfoil hats out of storage.

There may be some who say that this stuff was planted as part of a grand scheme by Karl Rove. After all, is it a coincidence that these happened to be "found" just after Bush left Iraq? Of course, these are the same people who think Bush staged 9/11 so he could rule the world (which would have been poorly planned since, if the Bushies wanted to invade Iraq, wouldn't Rove have been smart enough to recommend that at least a couple of their invented hijackers be Iraqi?).

Most likely, this will make no difference in public opinion one way or the other. This is such a polarizing issue that nuclear missiles could have been found in Baghdad pointed at John Murtha's living room and it still wouldn't make any difference to Democrats.

Yes, last night on Hannity & Colmes, ol' Sean was practically orgasmic over the discovery as he interviewed Santorum and Hoekstra, but the flap over this war has gone beyond facts and is well into the realm of simple hatred for Bush. Nothing will change that now.

One thing of interest: I fully expected by now the Democrat forums and liberal websites to be buzzing with theories about why the WMD's were "found" now. So far all's quiet on the leftist front. Not much so far from Michael Moore, the Democratic Underground (though there is some light buzz there claiming, predictably, that the found WMD's weren't a threat at all), or the Huffington Post. For the most part though, they must still be in the "talking points" meetings.

For the people saying the found WMD's are "old and useless and not a threat," hey, they used to say that about Bob Dole's johnson, too.

Take one of these sarin nerve gas shells that are "old and useless and not much of a threat" and toss it at the person saying that, and you'll see exactly how fast they can move and how loud they can scream.

Ironrider
06-22-06, 12:00 PM
It's already started. Everything from "lies by the Administration", to "ONLY 500" to "useless and unusable". Ok I don't know about you, but ONE is enough to ruin my day.

Jim

horselady
06-22-06, 12:55 PM
If we captured Osama bin Laden they'd be saying he
was no big deal anyway. :devious:

Ironrider
06-22-06, 01:52 PM
Those people way over on the left, still seem to think that, sitting in a circle,singing Kumbaya is gonna save us all. Alot of them, simply do not recognize, that sometimes, unfortunatly, we have to fight.

My ex is one of those. She honestly believes that there is no need to go to war...for anything...but she also despises being an American, she actualy told me once that she's ashamed of it. She actualy told our daughter that it's our own fault 9/11 occured!!

So, nothing we do is going to satisfy that kind of mindset.

Jim
Las Vegas

Ohhh...took my girlfriend over to our League HQ..she was well impressed :marine: