PDA

View Full Version : Owen Wilson: From movies to the marines

thedrifter
06-21-06, 07:31 AM
Owen Wilson: From movies to the marines

BANG Showbiz
Jun. 20, 2006 08:15 AM

Owen Wilson almost quit acting to join the marines.

The actor says his first film, 'Bottle Rocket', which was acclaimed by critics but flopped at the box office, was received so badly he thought he would have to find a new job.

He told America's Maxim magazine: "The studio said 'Bottle Rocket' was their worst-testing movie in history, so I looked into the marines.

"Maybe I was influenced by 'An Officer and a Gentleman' or those Marine commercials - they were so cool! Like a Led Zeppelin song come to life, full of people pulling swords from rocks and fighting lava monsters."

Meanwhile, Wilson has recently confessed he has a crush on his latest co-star, Kate Hudson.

The 'Wedding Crashers' actor, and Matt Dillon, star opposite the married actress - the daughter of Goldie Hawn - in new movie 'You, Me and Dupree'.

He revealed: "I think Matt and I both had a crush on her. You kind of can't help it. She's hot, has a great sense of humour and is just plain cool."

Wilson is reportedly dating Donatella Versace's young niece.

He allegedly became totally transfixed with Francesa Versace after he spotted her during a night out in Los Angeles.

Ellie