PDA

View Full Version : A Notice To All:

booksbenji
06-20-06, 04:45 PM
I have been in touch w/SP (Sky Pilot, Chaplin, since Sunday) who is helping the wife of Texas soldier to deal with this BIG CRISIS. NO INTEL FROM FAMILY COMING FROM HOUSTON AND BIG SPRING (Wife lives in Big Spring, TEXAS 40 miles east of Midland).

I will update when I can AND AT at the request of the FAMILY. Do y'all understand?

Tks for understanding

IT NOW TOTALLY SAD SITREP, I'M CAN'T PUT IN WORDS WATT I FEEL NOW. I hope that my 3rd son does not go this way, it so TOTALLY WRONG

SEMPER FI, DAMN DUST STORM IN THE HQ NOW. PGR NOTIFIED.

http://www.thesquadbay.com/forum2/Smileys/default/handsalute.png

booksbenji
06-21-06, 08:51 AM
Big Spring woman awaits news of missing husband

Ruth Campbell
Staff Writer
Midland Reporter-Telegram
06/20/2006

Big Spring resident Christina Menchaca, whose husband is one of two soldiers missing in Iraq, is trying to cope as best she can while she awaits news, a family spokesman said.

"Right now she's still very grief stricken," said Joel Miller, senior chaplain with the Emergency Services Chaplains Corps.

Miller said he helped notify Menchaca and her family with the Army and had been with them since Monday afternoon. He would not disclose the family's address or phone number because of contact since 4 a.m. with national news organizations.

Christina Menchaca's husband, 23-year-old Army Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, is one of two soldiers missing in Iraq after an insurgent attack. An umbrella group that includes al-Qaida in Iraq claimed in a statement Monday it had kidnapped the two U.S. soldiers, but it did not name them. There was no immediate confirmation the statement was credible, although it appeared on a Web site often used by al-Qaida-linked groups, the Associated Press reported.

Kristian Menchaca has been in Iraq since October and worked at military checkpoints, AP reported.

"She's very distraught. She's a young woman. All she can see is what al-Qaida has done in the past to prisoners," Miller said, adding the family is glued to the TV for any information they can learn.

According to AP, Christina Menchaca said she married her husband in September and he deployed in October. The couple met through her brother, who served in the military with Kristian Menchaca.

Miller said Christina Menchaca is not speaking to any news organizations and is not making any public statements.

"She appreciates all the concern and prayers lifted up to her family. She wants them to continue," Miller said.

OLE SARG
06-21-06, 08:56 AM
All our prayers are with her during this difficult time. God Bless

SEMPER FI,

Osotogary
06-21-06, 09:57 AM
booksbenji-
Every minute my sons were "over there", for the years that they were, I dreaded that something like this could possibly happen to them. I always tried to put a positive spin on the events that they would no doubt be part of because of their mission(s) but here was no getting around it, dread was my next door neighbor while they were deployed. I cannot imagine the grief that the families of those involved are going through. It's just heart breaking to hear. My prayers and thoughts are with all of you and all those who are either suffering or giving aid. Bless you all.

Plan to win, train to win, supply to win, support to win, fight to win...or don't fight at all. (My random thought)

Booksbenji, this news just pizzes me off big time beause of the trajedy of it all. Thanks for your input and your efforts.
Gary

booksbenji
06-21-06, 04:01 PM
http://www.thesquadbay.com/forum2/Smileys/default/handsalute.png

Stanley Hroszow
06-21-06, 05:56 PM
My prayers are with the family. from Stan