PDA

View Full Version : Combat commandant

thedrifter
06-20-06, 01:23 PM
June 26, 2006 <br />
Combat commandant <br />
Battlefield presence, diverse background have Conway in line to become Corps’ top officer <br />
<br />
By Gordon Lubold <br />
Times staff writer <br />
<br />
He’s outspoken and demanding,...

ssgtt32
06-20-06, 03:33 PM
I think i served with this Officer, the name seems familiar where can i find a pic and bio? Anyone!

Maurice

kentmitchell
06-20-06, 03:58 PM
Let's bypass Commandant and elect this guy president. He's just what the country needs.

Osotogary
06-20-06, 04:02 PM
http://www.usmc.mil/genbios2.nsf/biographies/24F33DF7BF06B3A2852568030060440A?opendocument

Good picture .

ssgtt32
06-20-06, 04:15 PM
thats whay i know him, he was the G-3 OpsO, and worked in G-3 Ops for 2d FSSG! thanks for the info Gary!

Maurice

ssgtt32
06-20-06, 04:17 PM
sry, He was the G-3 OpsO, for 2d MarDiv and i worked in G-3 Ops, 2d FSSG. have to proof my posts...LOL

Maurice

lovdog
06-20-06, 04:44 PM
Sounds like a pretty solid resume under the General's belt!! I was beginning to wonder about his credentials up until the last three words of the write-up -
graduated from Air War College with honors.
To be an effective Commandant - ya gotta know how the Air Wing portion of the mix operates - and how to use it to your advantage.
Now, if he can just get the Navy to give us some good aircraft instead of junk they gave us in Nam - perhaps we can get the job done in a more efficient manner!! No problem though, the Swabbies always made sure we had enough bailing wire to hold the parts together. Sure hope things have changed in 35 or so years!!
Maybe he'll catch the Defense Department Team all sleeping at the next Congressional Hearing & end up making the Marine Corps a separate enity - wouldn't that be a hoot!! SF

redneck13
06-20-06, 05:55 PM
:flag: :banana: :evilgrin: I wonder how he will get along with Rummy Dummy? Maybe he'll fire one across his bow!!! I hope he don't get entangled with all the political crap, and when he tells Rum Dum something, I'll just betchya he'll get what he wants. We need a "HARD CORE MARINE AS COMMANDANT." I just wish we could vote for all appointments. Go get 'em Commandant, Sir.....SF