PDA

View Full Version : She’s Back… Cindy Does Canada

thedrifter
06-20-06, 08:28 AM
She’s Back… Cindy Does Canada
June 20, 2006
by Bob Parks

As I said during my most recent radio spot, “listening to my arguments rarely involves having to have bail money ready.” Think about it….”

Whether it’s getting gather-all-the-facts ignorant students to engage in street protests while their protester-professors are usually curiously absent, liberals use kids to perpetuate their causes, just daring the authorities to do their jobs. If the kids get busted, it’s considered a necessary evil, as more kids come along to fill any voids.

Thus we now have (again) Cindy Sheehan in her latest quest for attention and relevance, goading kids who’ve fully digested the anti-war diatribe and “fled” our nation as well as their signed contracts with the US military, and has re-united with some of the very young unfortunates who now seek refuge in a neighbor that really doesn’t want them.

Again reciting the sentiments that have made her a darling of the anti-war left, Miss Cindy met with a group of military deserters in Canada and claims she wished her son could’ve been a law-breaker as well.

“I begged him not to go to Iraq, and I wish he was standing up here with these people because he didn’t want to go.”

It’s easy to quote the dead as they have no method of retort, and that’s the way the left usually likes it. From all accounts, her son went back to Iraq willingly and was proud of his service to his country. Obviously no sane person would ever enjoy the notion of going back to a war zone and that’s what makes him or her special. But of course, Cindy Sheehan has no problem ****ing on her own son’s grave to keep herself in the spotlight.

The self-proclaimed Rosa Parks of the anti-war movement was in Canada again trying to talk their government in granting sanctuary for people who feel a contract is something that isn’t worth the paper they sign. So far, the Canadian government is cold to offering political asylum for US soldiers who made bad choices, as opposed to genuine political refugees who left a bad place for fear of their lives.

“They’re trying to deport me. When I was in Iraq, we were killing innocent people for oil. It was obvious they didn’t want us there.”
Darrell Anderson of Lexington, Ky., who according to the Associated Press, “arrived in Canada by way of Niagara Falls in January 2005. He spent seven months in Iraq with the Army’s 1st Armored Division and received a Purple Heart following a roadside bomb attack before deciding during a leave he would not go back.”

Yes, Mr. Anderson, they are trying to deport you. When you joined the military, there was probably some kind of warfare going on. Unfortunately, when you sign on the line, you become the property of the United States Armed Forces, something only an ignoramus wouldn’t understand.

People don’t get the choice of what conflict they wish to be involved in. We serve at the discretion of the Secretary of Defense, period. All the BS learnt in school about having rights gets tossed out the window once you signed on the line. There is no Cindy Sheehan clause that allows you to change your mind depending on who is in the Oval Office. Remember that Sheehan once praised President Bush, who did meet with her in the White House. Just because she changed her mind doesn’t give others the mission to violate the terms of a contract.

You can blame dishonest recruiters but c’mon, who in their right mind doesn’t know that signing up for the military today will probably include an eventual plane ticket to Iraq? Young men and women are still joining up and that makes them more honorable than any “conscientious objector” that will flee his own country when she needs them the most.

And what about a deserter is attractive enough to make Canada want them in the first place?

“They say we’re traitors, we’re deserters. No, I’m a Marine and I stand up for what I believe in, and I believe the Constitution of the United States of America is being pushed aside as a scrap piece of paper.”
Former Marine Chris Magaoay, 20, of Maui

If Mr. Magaoay were truly still a Marine, he’d remember that what he believes in is irrelevant, and what about the Constitution is being pushed aside as a piece of scrap paper? I contend the only piece of scrap paper is the contract made such because it has his signature on it.

But back to Cindy: “They’re moral human beings who don’t want to go to Iraq and kill innocent people to line the pockets of George Bush and the war machine.”

Yes, they may be moral human beings, but Sheehan and her like-minded anti-war compadres are also using them. If not for the attention and sympathy these deserters are receiving, they may not have proceeded on the course they now find themselves in. It is not courageous to flee. It is not courageous to incite desertion, especially in the case of Cindy Sheehan, where she personally has nothing to lose.

Although I am no longer active duty, I sometimes feel as though I am a combatant on the other front line. We have truly brave young men and women fighting the insurgency in Iraq, yet we have an insurgency back home that indicts them here. Our liberals tell us that we are the problem.

I heard a liberal interviewed Monday who said there’s no way the prisoners at Guantanamo would commit suicide while in detention because it’s against the tenants of Islam to do so. I guess he conveniently forgot about 9/11, or those who routinely blow themselves up in malls or obscure roadsides in search of martyrdom. He blamed our treatment for their deaths, and only those who do the processing know if they truly belong there or not, yet these are the same liberals who also claimed that Tookie Williams was also a victim.

We’re told we commit human rights abuses, while not hearing one negative about those that slice the heads off civilians and do so on videotape for all to see. Our own elected officials tell us that we should pull our troops out by a certain date. Tell you what: I’ll accept the logic in such a telegraphed pass when Bill Belichick publishes the 2006-07 New England Patriots playbook online next week. Every time we call for withdrawal, the enemy gets the idea they just may be doing something right.

The safest place in the world may just be the ten-foot radius around Cindy Sheehan. She is one of the best things the Iraq insurgents have going for them. She agrees on a common enemy: George Bush, and she wants the same result: removal of troops from Iraq. And she’s quite sincere.

Anybody know how much she got paid for the movie rights to her “

Sarandon to play anti-war mom
By David Usborne in New York
Published: 21 March 2006

Susan Sarandon, the film star who is known almost as much for her leftist political views as for her acting, is reportedly in talks to portray Cindy Sheehan in a forthcoming biopic about the Californian mother who became an icon of the anti-war effort in the US after losing her son in Iraq.

Ms Sheehan, who joined protests on the third anniversary of the war at the weekend, is thought to have met Ms Sarandon in New York yesterday to discuss the project.

Ms Sheehan is already the subject of Peace Mom, a one-woman monologue play in London, and is close to delivering a memoir to her publisher.

Ms Sarandon and her acting husband, Tim Robbins, have long worn their political views on their sleeves. In 1993 they used the Oscar awards to highlight HIV-infected Haitian refugees held at Guantanamo Bay. Ms Sarandon, 59, won an Oscar for Best Actress in 1996 for her role as a nun campaigning against the death penalty in Dead Man Walking.

The news follows a Newsweek poll that found just 29 per cent of Americans approved of US policy in Iraq, down from 69 per cent after the conflict began in March 2003.

But public sentiment towards Ms Sheehan has also shifted. She was admired when she set up camp last August outside President George Bush's Texas ranch demanding a meeting with him. Increasingly, however, Ms Sheehan is being criticised for overplaying her role. She recently called Mr Bush "The Führer", and suggested that mothers who have lost loved ones in Iraq without turning against the war are "brainwashed".

Ellie