PDA

View Full Version : Two Soldiers, Captured or Dead?

redneck13
06-17-06, 02:16 PM
:mad: After hearing of two US Soldier's captured during a firefight near Bagdad, I just wonder now what will become of them? Will they be used as a tool to predicate and outrage other Soldier's into possible traps to illicit "liberal" news, to yet even more unproven allegations of killing innocent Iraqi people?
Or will they use them to show "WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU (God Forbid) IF WE GET OUR HANDS ON YOU?" Such as beheading's, torture, captured on film?
We as Marine's need to keep a close eye on this situation to show the utmost respect to their families. To ward off any possible insensitive antics such as this "idiot" with our EGA!!
The names have not been released as of this posting that I'm aware of. Let us all pray that they will somehow be taken back by our Armed Forces, and rejoined to their families which should be first, and a long time before they're ever returned to combat duty in Iraq or Afgan, with psychological help. God Bless and keep them. SF

rb1651
06-17-06, 04:17 PM
wind'nface, I'm with you Brother. Prayers were said when I first heard of this, and will continue until these men are found.

Ironrider
06-18-06, 03:22 PM
Amen Brother....and I keep checking the news..if anyone hears anything let me know.

marinegreen
06-18-06, 03:43 PM
affirmative wind,sure glad that whats his face isnt on here anymore and I think u know who.These 2 along with our other bro's/sis's will be in my prayers,specially the 2 captured.SF

mrbsox
06-19-06, 07:01 PM
Not real sure what is gripping my a$$ more over this;

A) How could the 2 soldiers have been taken ??
The media makes it sound like 'with out a fight'. No mention of fighting back, weapons, etc. Where was their covering team ??

B) The media is using the phrase 'KIDNAPPED'.
KIDNAPPED... What are we gonna do, put out an amber alert ?? Maybe put their faces on a milk carton !!
Common Mr. News man.... these men are P.O.W.s, and deserve all we can throw at their captors.

Some how, some where, I pray these soldiers remember their 'Code of Conduct'. Woe be unto them whom get caught with custody, 'cause I hope it gives the media something to field day with. Then maybe the 'leftwingpantywaistedtrehugginfuthermukers' will see what kind of enemy we are up against.

'Loose the dogs of war', and count the rubble piles later.

Pheewww.... that feels better.

Terry

horselady
06-19-06, 07:38 PM
I pray it won't happen but fear that we will soon
get a bulletin from Al Jazeera announcing "Soldiers'
beheading video" at www.aljazeera.com

I wonder if Dave Marash, former CBS reporter, now
working for this Al qaeda propaganda machine, will
offer an exclusive report.:mad:

booksbenji
06-20-06, 12:23 AM
Pls note the listing of KIDNAPPED, MIA:

the identity of two soldiers listed as Duty Status Whereabouts Unknown (DUSTWUN) . WTF? http://www.thesquadbay.com/forum2/Smileys/default/icon_scratch.gif watt is wrong w/MIA?

DoD Identifies Army Casualty and Soldiers as Whereabouts Unknown
The Department of Defense announced today the death of one soldier and the identity of two soldiers listed as Duty Status Whereabouts Unknown (DUSTWUN) who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. On June 16, in Baghdad, Iraq, the soldiers were manning a checkpoint when they came under enemy small arms fire. All three soldiers were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Ky.

Killed was:

Spc. David J. Babineau, 25, of Springfield, Mass.

Reported as DUSTWUN are:

Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, 23, of Houston, Texas

Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, of Madras, Ore.

For further information related to this release, contact Army Public Affairs at (703) 692-2000.

Rest of story:

101st soldier killed, two kidnapped during attack on checkpoint in Iraq

By Chantal Escoto
The (Clarksville, Tenn.) Leaf-Chronicle

One soldier who was killed and two others kidnapped at a checkpoint in Yusufiyah, Iraq, Friday belonged to the 101st Airborne Division’s 2nd Brigade Combat Team.

Spc. David J. Babineau, 25, of Springfield, Mass., was killed after the soldiers’ traffic control checkpoint came under enemy attack, said Fort Campbell Public Affairs spokesman John Minton.

The two missing soldiers are Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, 23, of Houston, Texas, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, of Madras, Ore. All infantrymen were assigned to Company B, 1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment.

Ahmed Khalaf Falah, a farmer who said he witnessed the attack Friday, said three Humvees were manning a checkpoint when they came under fire from many directions. Two Humvees went after the assailants, but the third was ambushed before it could move, he told The Associated Press.

Seven masked gunmen, including one carrying what Falah described as a heavy machine gun, killed the driver of the third vehicle, then took the two other U.S. soldiers captive, the witness said. His account could not be verified independently.

Another Iraqi said the Americans were offering $100,000 for information leading to the abductors, but the U.S. command denied that.

An umbrella group that includes al-Qaida in Iraq claimed in a Web statement Monday that it had kidnapped two soldiers reported missing south of Baghdad.

There was no immediate confirmation that the statement was credible, although it appeared on a Web site often used by al-Qaida-linked groups. U.S. officials have said they were trying to confirm whether the missing soldiers were kidnapped.

“Your brothers in the military wing of the Mujahedeen Shura Council kidnapped the two American soldiers near Youssifiya,” the group said in a statement posted on an Islamic Web site.

The White House promised to do everything it could to find the soldiers and said it had a message for anybody who may have taken the two men: “Give them back.”

More about the soldiers Babineau joined the Army in August 1998 and came to Fort Campbell the following December. He is survived by his wife, Rondi, and sons, Dominic and Donovan Babineau and stepdaughter Samantha Hensley, all of Oak Grove, Ky. His parents Paul and Dawn Babineau live in Springfield, Mass.

Menchaca entered the Army in March 2005 and arrived to Fort Campbell four months later. His wife is Christine Alvarez of Big Springs, Texas, and his mother and stepfather Maria and Sergio Vasquez of Houston, Texas.

Tucker arrived at Fort Campbell in Dec. 2005. His parents are Wesley and Margret Tucker of Burns, Ore.

Multinational Force Iraq spokesman Army Maj. Gen. William Caldwell said the missing soldiers are listed as “duty status and whereabouts unknown.” The category changes to “missing in action” if they are not found after 10 days.

Caldwell said a squad of on-call armed U.S. soldiers, called a quick-reaction force, responded within 15 minutes to the attack site.

Coalition forces continue to search for the two missing soldiers who were manning the checkpoint at a canal crossing near the Euphrates River.

The search U.S. troops, backed by helicopters and warplanes, fanned out across the “Triangle of Death” south of Baghdad searching for the missing servicemen. At least four raids had been carried out, but the captives were not found, the military said.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said he had no new information about the search and could not confirm reports the two men were abducted.

“We’re still trying to ascertain their whereabouts,” he told CNN’s “Late Edition.” “Obviously, there is a vigorous effort to try to locate them and to bring them back safely.”

A U.S. military spokesman, Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, said Saturday a dive team also was searching for the men, whose checkpoint was near a Euphrates River canal not far from Youssifiyah, 12 miles south of Baghdad. The Sunni region is the site of frequent ambushes of U.S. soldiers and Iraqi troops.

The U.S. military said Sunday it was continuing the search.

“Coalition and Iraqi forces will continue to search everywhere possible, uncovering every stone, until our soldiers are found, and we will continue to use every resource available in our search,” it said.

Falah also said tensions were high in the area as U.S. soldiers raided some houses and arrested men. He also said the Americans were setting up checkpoints on all roads leading to the area of the attack and helicopters were hovering at low altitudes.

A Youssifiyah resident, who claimed his house was searched by U.S. soldiers Sunday afternoon, also said the Americans used translators to offer $100,000 for information leading to those who took the soldiers.

He said he would not cooperate because he was angry with the Americans.

“I will not do it even if they pay $1 million,” the resident said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he feared retribution. “They deserve all that they are facing ... We are living a hard life because of them.”

Caldwell said, “We are currently using every means at our disposal on the ground, in the air and in the water to find them,” said Caldwell, the spokesman for U.S. forces in Baghdad.

He said blocking positions were established throughout the area within an hour of the attack to keep suspects from fleeing.

Caldwell also said the military was still searching for Sgt. Keith M. Maupin, of Batavia, Ohio, who went missing April 9, 2004.

“We continue to search using every means available and will not stop looking until we find the missing soldiers,” he said.

Maupin was captured when insurgents ambushed his fuel convoy with the 724th Transportation Co. west of Baghdad. A week later, Arab television network Al-Jazeera aired a videotape showing Maupin sitting on the floor surrounded by five masked men holding automatic rifles.

That June, Al-Jazeera aired another tape purporting to show a U.S. soldier being shot. But the dark, grainy tape showed only the back of the victim’s head and did not show the actual shooting. The Army ruled it was inconclusive whether the soldier was Maupin.

“There have been ongoing efforts,” Snow said. “Unfortunately, again, no word on Keith Maupin, either.”

Maupin, a 20-year-old private first class at the time of his capture, has been promoted twice since then.

— The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Pls note :

Menchaca entered the Army in March 2005 and arrived to Fort Campbell four months later. His wife is Christine Alvarez of Big Springs, Texas, and his mother and stepfather Maria and Sergio Vasquez of Houston, Texas.

Big Spring, TEXAS is 40mi E of Midland. Called a friend in Big Spring and he will updated in am.

Big Spring is correct spelling :thumbup:

Kegler300
06-20-06, 06:33 AM
Both soldiers have been found dead.

Link to Article at CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/20/soldiers.missing/index.html)

OLE SARG
06-20-06, 08:09 AM
YOU WON'T HEAR ANYTHING OUT OF THE PINKCO FAGS CALLED THE aclu ON THIS ONE. BOTH OF THESE YOUNG MEN WERE TORTURED AND THEN SHOT!!!!!! F#$%ING aclu FATARSE SH#$HEADS!!!! I DOUBT THAT WE HEAR ANYTHING OUT OF FATARSE, RETARDED, PSUEDO-INTELLECTUAL, PIECE OF SCUM ms murtha EITHER!!!

SEMPER FI,

8th&I Marine
06-20-06, 09:42 AM
Just got the AP news the 2 bodies found were of the 2 soldiers missing My prayers go out to their families

Cantrell

marinegreen
06-20-06, 09:53 AM
you Served Well.....
rest In Peace !!!

Camper51
06-20-06, 09:53 AM
and where are the HUGE SCREAMING HEADLINES about this atrocity against our soldiers???? Just imagine the horrific screams of protest if we captured then killed two insurgents. Bastards in the press would crucify us but they dont say squat about the insurgents barbaric actions!!!

ROHO
06-20-06, 09:59 AM
Hell yea, Camper51!!! murtha, murtha where are you? you sonofaB***H!!!