:evilgrin:

()(&@)#)__*^&#$%@#( Estate (newspaper cartoon):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/dnelson457/press.jpg

This cartoon was posted June 4th in the Orange County Register

On the same level as this one 1:

http://www.azcentral.com/sshow/News/Benson/3708_62813.jpg

greensideout
06-16-06, 09:36 PM
Books, if you have time edit (dump) the pics! I know that you are sharing these with us BUT I hate them being on this site.

booksbenji
06-16-06, 09:52 PM
:marine:

When I first saw the 1st cartoon I was jumping mad, but I took a second look and Mike Shelton was trying show that the 4th Estate attacks us with ink instead of bullets, which can be just as damaging.

This cartoon is not the level of the 2nd cartoon.

:marine:

greensideout
06-16-06, 10:07 PM
The CMC should send a Pendelton Marine to their office to drag the cartoonist and the editor out into the street and stomp their a$$ !!!

sgt tony
06-16-06, 10:37 PM
:usmc: Well we need to pull our boys and girls out of califorina and just blow the place this will made for a good start:flag:

Ironrider
06-17-06, 01:18 AM
Ok the "gallows" cartoon didn't bother me too bad. After all, the guy is trying to show what the 4thestate is trying to do to our Brothers.

RLeon
06-17-06, 02:04 AM
There's nothing wrong with the first cartoon, it's demonstrating the ill treatment of the Marine Corps by the media.
The Second one is vile and the catoonist needs an attitude adjustment. Just looking at the evil grin on the eagle makes me want to vomit.

2motorbike
06-17-06, 02:20 AM
I wonder how far back in annals of journalism we must go to find a dire crime committed by a cartoonist we can use to paint ALL cartoonists with? These people don't have a clue what "the stare" is all about. I wish someone could give them a sample of warfare so they could "RELATE MAN"!

Dean Morgan RVN 69-70

jennifer
06-17-06, 03:47 AM
WTF!!!! :devious: :devious:

Sixguns
06-17-06, 07:04 AM
The part most disturbing about the 2nd cartoon is that the creator assumes there is some institutional plot or plan to cover up events in Iraq. If it was a cover up, would Marines and a sailor be in the brig in shackles? If it was a cover up, would it make sense to have NCIS and an Army general leading investigatons into Marines' actions? The real cover up is being committed by the media majority. They continue to provided one-sided coverage and opinions. So, is it any surprise that cartoons like these appear? It must be great for ratings, your media outlet and your personal career if you can take a shot at a big, bad organization like the Marines and make them look bad, so you can have your claim to fame as the Reporter who brought them down.

booksbenji
06-17-06, 08:23 AM
:evilgrin:

do they!!! The 1st is in support of us, PEOPLE, look beyond the pic, look at the history of group of Marines on left (that's history) and then look @ the pic on rite. That's watt the 4th Estate thinks is their crowning moment. Will it, ain't ifin i have anythibg to do with this. Write your Congresspeople and let 'em pinkos know where y'all stand the proper thing that should take place with the Marines and the Doc. NOTHING should be done to nobody. They just were doing their job. http://www.thesquadbay.com/forum2/Smileys/default/salute.gif