PDA

View Full Version : Midway Island, Virginia Housing 1962

BOBPENRY
06-16-06, 07:21 PM
My wife and I lived at Midway Island in 1962. This was substandard base housing for Quantico where I was stationed. I am looking for a photo of the housing area or of any of the houses. I wish I had taken a photo then, but didn't realize that someday I would need it for my autobiography.
Anyone?

GySgtRet
06-16-06, 11:42 PM
A little confusion on my part here. Are you saying that you lived at Quantico in the 60s, or you lived at Midway in the 60s? I live about 10 miles from Quantico. Beleive it or not most of the old housing has been torn down. Lymann Park has single family housing, Thomason Park the same. I think the lettered apartments are still there? Argone Hills have been torn down. They were the all metal housing at Quantico.

I hope this helps and sorry for my confusion.

Semper Fi

Write2mon
09-08-14, 04:47 PM
I am looking for my birth grandmother Mary Jane Roberson that lived there in 1959. She had 6 children and was divorced, we believe, from her husband in 1954. She is listed in the directory of that year as Mrs. B L Roberson. If you knew them, would you please share your memories with us?

My mother has gotten permission to open her adoption record but the State of Virginia did not have a social on file to contact her or next of kin. Thank you for any help you can give us!

PJones64
09-08-14, 05:11 PM
8 year old thread.

Write2mon
09-08-14, 08:31 PM
I was hoping this person was still active perhaps. Will start new thread. Thanks.