PDA

View Full Version : Pool Meeting/Function

Poskew
06-16-06, 03:37 PM
Can anybody inform me on what these Pool mettings are and what goes on during them.

Lithium
06-16-06, 06:31 PM
Its a meeting that poolee's are required to go to (unless there is a family problem, etc... you get the point). It usually occurs 1-2 times a week.

During the meetings you work out, learn USMC customs and traditions, and learn various other information about recruit training and anything relavant to the Corps.

Sixguns
06-16-06, 06:56 PM
The pool meeting is a chance for the recruiter and his boss, the NCOIC, to pass information on to future Marines, teach and train, test (PFT/IST and general subjects) in order to prepare future Marines to depart for the Recruit Depot. At a minimum, this happens once a month. Some RSSs have them more often based on geographical area because it is easier to round everyone up. Don't miss these events!! They are designed to make you a better recruit and get you ready for what lies ahead.

Marine84
06-16-06, 07:08 PM
No kiddin guys - I wish I had had one before I went in...........pffffft.............the closest recruiter to me was 30 miles away, there weren't enough of us from the area going in (the ride to PI was just me and some guy), so I didn't have that opprotunity. From what I've heard, Poolee Meetings are a good thing - listen up!

Poskew
06-16-06, 07:47 PM
Yeah I wont be able to PT with everybody due to my bum ankle but my recruiter wants me there for the classroom and history part.

Tallboot
06-20-06, 12:45 PM
They have them to keep you moto, goverment spends its money to make us poolee's stay moto lol. There acutally usually fun, always .. always pt pt pt. But i mean its not difficult, They just want you to push yourself. Then after they have a Barbeque, or pizza or somthing of that nature. I dont know how it is in other places but we have on occasion played paintball, football and everything. Thats poolee functions

Now with that said, The poolee meeting we had there were hundreds of poolees, i got a chance to get cussed out by a Drill Instructor. Pull up contests etc etc there fun, just dont eat before you go to them lol.

teddyn
06-20-06, 07:11 PM
Sounds like fun :)
When I go back to the US this summer after finishing high school in the UK I will start going to those things.
What's the range of number of people that usually show up to them?

Dainslef
06-20-06, 09:01 PM
Poolee meetings are VERY important. It was an opportunity to learn alot about the Corps and some things that are expected of recruits for when they go to bootcamp. We had an introduction speech by Ssgt Montney (who was a former Drill Instructor) and then a small speech by 2 PFC's who just recently graduated from bootcamp. It was inspiring and motivational. We also got a very good workout... I mean... a VERY... GOOD workout. I believe I slept very well that night. haha. So go to all of them! No excuses.

WannabeAT
06-22-06, 08:19 PM
I've only been to a couple and we've done the IST at both of them. We just play football or paintball after that. We haven't done any educational stuff like on Marine Corps history at them though. It sounds like it depends on the recruiters at your RSS.

Tallboot
06-23-06, 06:27 PM
Apparently, Since its Deployment time ... We dont get that anymore .. its just PT then go home. It should start back up soon.

DevilDogHEMech
06-24-06, 03:23 AM
You can always PT on your own time. If your recruiter is too busy to give you weekly classes on Marine Corps knowledge or history or about your MOS or whatever else you want to know, talk to Marines that have just come back from boot camp, or perhaps reservists or retired Marines in your area. Recruiters are often overworked, but you can find other sources of information. This forum itself is a great place to find answers to legitimate questions. There are currently-serving Marines and retired Marines in nearly every MOS here that would be glad to answer questions. But take advantage of every available resource. You will never know exactly what to expect until you have made the journey yourself, but you can get a good idea from others who have been there. I had some great poolee meetings before I went to MCRD, and it helped me out some once I got there. Don't slack in this area, poolees.

Future-USMC-LT
06-24-06, 10:16 AM
Take advantage of these and go as much as you can. I only wish I was able to. I was in the DEP program for only one week before I shipped, so the only one I went to was a PT function.