PDA

View Full Version : Like to learn this board.

Riven37
12-22-02, 10:33 AM
I really like to learn this board but I find all these buttons confusing. I don't understand how to do the changes to type in color, place an image, get those ribbons, do a quote. God I feel dumb. Can someone tell me why this place is sooo complicated to master?

And this URL what the heck is this about. I suspose to know every URL and how to use them. The only thing I know how to do is change fonet size and add those faces. Only if R. Lee could see me now I be giving him 1,000.

Any real help will be appricated.

:dazed: :marine:

firstsgtmike
12-22-02, 11:25 AM
Riven37,

May I suggest KISS?

I have over 300 posts on this board and never bothered learn how to change font sizes, add color, place an image, or add the faces.

I don't feel that I missed anything either.

But what the hell? I resisted changing from CPM to DOS and only changed from DOS to Windows because that was the only way I could surf the Internet.

That's OK. I *****ed when they replaced the M-1 with the M-14, and then *****ed again when they replaced the M-14 with the 16's they got from Toys R Us.

I prefer KISS and and ignore the bells and whistles they install for planned obsolescense.

Mike Farrell
Cagayan de Oro
Philippines

DevilDog1
12-22-02, 11:38 AM
I have posted images in the Gallery before, i go today to post images and there is not an up load button, i started a thread and it never showed up, are we having tech. problems (bug)? im going to try again to upload this photo of my friend Cpl R Durrum a Golf 2/5 Marine Vietnam, here it is below somewhere in Hue (1968) area i hope i spelled that right.

MillRatUSMC
12-22-02, 11:59 AM
It all done with [ before some letters or a word such as img, url and quote then this ] the end tag needs the /...

That all it takes...

Fonts and scroll I need to refresh up on...

leroy8541
12-22-02, 01:10 PM
Riven I don't get it either but then again i can barely getthis thing turned on! I can't type either or spell. But I still have alot of fun!!

Havelka
12-22-02, 03:18 PM
:marine:
Rivan,
I started not knowing anything.Now after two years I'm banging away at this thing pretty good.I learned all by myself.You can't break the computer so just bang away and you'll learn.
You've done harder things,Remember Boot Camp???
Spelling is know big deal either.

I really enjoy my time on the computer and am sure you will too.
Semper Fi

Sparrowhawk
12-22-02, 04:18 PM
Its like a new toy, you get to play with all the buttons.

I'm still trying to figure out where I'm suppose to put the quarter in.

I just clcik, click, click everywhere and every which way and when it doesn't work, I dont do that again and go and click elsewhere.

I been here about as long as everyone else but still dont venture out much beyond posting and a few pics here and there, but this morning tried to post something and it didnt work.

Had to go figure out how to reduce a photo to the right size again, so I could post it here.

Just try one feature at ta time, til you're comfortable with it and go on from there, no use going thorugh boot camp all in one week. There is a lot of pokey bait in here so just enjoy it and if you get lost, well just pop off a flare and someone will come out to help or we'll call in an air strike to get you out of the muddy paddie fields.

Ahhh, as far as speling? Well jerry's working ona new feature that interpets Marine speling so it'll corrrect it and make us look good.

Sempers

Cook

SHOOTER1
12-22-02, 06:15 PM
Trying to read Marines spelling, back in the 40s they had some geeks at Los Alomos trying to decyphyr it, they finally gave up on it and invented the Atomic Bomb, it was eaiser , other than that Riven, just punch buttons till you git the flavor you want,, i stick with Corona, with a slice of Lime, FNGs buy the first one for the board, encludes shipping.

Riven37
12-23-02, 08:16 AM
I see I will be posting lots of mistake post soon. I just want to do a few images like ribbons, and some pics. Ok I will bang away...feel like a cherry on his first patrol lol...hope I don't blow myself up lol Hehehe:banana

Riven37
12-23-02, 10:28 AM
Well I figuared out I was pressing the wrong buttons. I now know how to add images. Its amazing i made it home (pressing wrong buttons) LOL :o

wrbones
12-23-02, 10:49 AM
Thjat's the way I started out Riven!

"What does this one do?"

OOPS!