PDA

View Full Version : Reckless Endangerment of Our Troops: Murtha, Kerry-Heinz, and the Anti-War Press

fontman
06-15-06, 01:45 PM
Reckless Endangerment of Our Troops: Murtha, Kerry-Heinz, and the Anti-War Press <br />
June 15, 2006 <br />
Will Malven <br />
<br />
&quot;I know there was a cover-up someplace. They knew about this a few days afterwards and...

OLE SARG
06-15-06, 02:17 PM
I SAY AGAIN, ms murtha IS A PRICK!!!!!!!!! HE NEEDS A BOOT RIGHT UP HIS OLE WRINKLED ARSEHOLE!!!!! I'VE CHECKED WITH A FEW RESTHOMES AND NONE OF THEM WANT A GUMPY OLE PRICK LIKE ms murtha.

SEMPER FI,

sgtofrifleman
06-15-06, 03:01 PM
I love it when Mutha get bashed everytime i hear his name i think of a Marine Corps s*&Tbird. Keep up the bashing i love it

horselady
06-15-06, 04:19 PM
Do you think it's possible that there's something in Murtha's
background that might come back to haunt him? Maybe
some Democrat has threatened to blackmail him,
unless Murtha toes the party line by
betraying "his" troops in the media?

fontman
06-15-06, 04:28 PM
Murtha is a colonel in the Marine Corps Reserve who served during Vietnam.

Many Marines are questioning the award of his Bronze Star as he was in the rear with the gear and not on the front lines.

;)

marinegreen
06-15-06, 04:32 PM
I think its MARINETIME to send murtha to the bone yard,the guy must be sniffing glue or something, what is his adgenda for slamming the very institution he affiliated his sorry arse with for all those yrs.,wuz it cuz he didnt get promoted to a higher rank or is there a story of him in hiding that he knows will sooner or later materialize to damn him or is it cuz he thinks he's cock of the block and wants coulter/sheehan fame ?Time for these old prehistoric feeble politicians to sit down/shut up !!! My opinion,SF

fontman
06-15-06, 07:03 PM
For all interested, a little gouge on ex-Marine and current azzhat, John Murtha...

Subject: Rep. Murtha: Semper Fi?
by J.R. Dunn
To: Undisclosed Recipients

Please let me say it once more. Then Major Murtha and I served in the 2nd Marines at approximately the same time. My tour was from July 66 to July 67; he arrived in country (I believe) in August 1966, and spent the remainder of my tour (His entire tour?) as the regimental S-2.

In late Jan or early Feb, Lt Col Van D. (Ding Dong) Bell called me in from a letter company to become the battalion S-2. Within a day or two, I asked who this Major Murtha was. Everybody, and I mean including the troops standing the radios in the COC bunker, said words very nearly like this. "Oh, he owns a car wash business back in Pennsylvania. He is here to establish a war record so he can run for congress."

Within a very short period of time, the major told me what he wanted me to do. I answered back (rather rfirmly, in fact) that only Colonel Bell told me what to do, but that I would pass the major's recommendations on to the colonel. Still being a 2nd lieutenant, I wasn't sure how my "backtalking" to the major might set. Going to Col Bell's hootch after evening chow, I "fessed up." Col Bell laughed and said, "Ray, you a--hole, why do you think I gave you that job? Now, go on and keep doing it."

The same troops were later commentating on a purple hear awarded to the major. In the middle of a quiet night watch several discussed how they'd like to get that kind of a PH, and a couple more like it. Obviously, the "troop talk" reflected their opinion that it was no big deal. The only reason this PH verbiage is included is because I am sick and tired of hearing him described as a hero. Colonel Bell was a hero, Major Murtha was a staff officer. If he ever left the regimental AO on a combat operation, it would be news to me indeed.

Further, last year I attempted (three times!!!) to get him to "restore politeness" up in Pennsylvania when their lieutenant governor showed up uninvited at a Marine's funeral, and profaned the loss of that Marine's life. He ignored all three efforts.

VR and S/F, Phil Ray
(former AWS classmate of Tom Romanetz) USMC 1956-87

Another email follows:

Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 5:55 PM

As a reserve Colonel, let me give you my perception on Murtha and his "making" Colonel in the reserve. Prior to my promotion to Colonel, I had my ticket punched a bunch of times. I drilled monthly for almost 24 years, served as an arty FO, Rifle company commander, MTBn S-4, MTBn XO and MTBn CO. Also spent many summers doing additional active duty at LFTCLant with retired active duty Coloned Dave Nobel and at the RSU at CLNC. My last billet was OIC, IMADet, CLNC. Was mobilized for 6 months and served at CLNC taking care of mobilization/demobilization of reserves. Also had the pleasure of serving with my older brother, Tom, who was an active duty Colonel, ACS Logistics for MCB, CLNC during ODS. Also met Wayne Morris at that time. Oh, as a 2nd Lt., I was a rifle platoon commander with C/1/26 during the Seige of Khe Sanh '68. I had a great career and still cherish my duty as a reserve officer and having had the opportunity to serve with the active forces in a varirty of capacities.

Regarding Murtha: it has been my experience when an officer is an elected official as was Murtha, the Corps "takes care of him" simply for political/PR purposes. It never hurts to have an officer in high places (congress, house of representatives) and Murtha fit that bill. He was of use to the military in general and specifically, the Corps. I dare say that his reserve resume had him doing the absolute minimum to stay in the pipeline for promotion. He probably earned "reserve points" to count towards a good year simply by attending a function of some type in uniform or wearing his decorations. I have also known celebrity types who also fit the Murtha mold, never having belonged to a drilling unit and really earning their keep. It looks as though Murtha has used his "military experience" to his advantage and he is now brought dishonor, in my opinion, to what we Marines, both active and reserve, are all about.

By the way, with 8 months in Khe Sanh, not a scratch. Training? Luck? Ducking a lot?? I don't know, but I served with many Marines there that joked about "qualifying" for a purple heart for scratches. If Murtha truly deserved the award, SF Mac. If it was a "wound of convenience," shame on him.

Nick Romanetz
Colonel, USMCR (Ret)

Another email follows:

Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 10:33 PM

To All. I have done a bit more research of John Murtha. All of the news releases imply that he was a Colonel of Marines having served in Vietnam as an intelligence officer. We were given the impression that he had been at least the Asst. G-2 of the Division (which could have been a colonel). Having a penchant for keeping old Gazettes, I was doing some research on another book and lo and behold! I came across an article in the January 1968 MarCorpsGazette at pp. 31 which was written by one Major John P. Murtha. It identified the author as "S-2, 1st Marines (Regiment) in RVN from Aug66 to Aug67." The article is "Combat Intelligence in Vietnam. I have not had the chance to read the article, but would suspect his position has probably changed from what he wrote back in 1968. It warmed the cockles of my old Colonel's black heart to find info which dispelled his serving as a Colonel of Marines in combat - never! He apparently served there as a major and then came back to the active reserve and made colonel (ugh) in the reserves. This is not an indictment of reserve colonels. it just makes you think of the spin that has been put on his background that led the unwashed to believe that his were the spoutings of a real colonel who had served as a G-2 or Assistant G-2 in combat. Not so from the info I have been able to dig up. Does anyone have his official vita that all congress persons have about their background. I would be delighted if someone can set me straight on his background.

Col. Bruce F. Meyers
USMC(Ret).

I see an azzhat maximum, and ex-Marine, as well, in the form of an invididual named, "John Murtha." What say you, Marines???

OLE SARG
06-15-06, 07:16 PM
ms murtha's story reeks of a ms john kerry and his purple hearts. murtha's name and intelligence just don't go together!!!!!! ms murtha spouts real good for a combat staff officer HA HA!!!!!! I'm still checking on rest homes for this lardarse loudmouth!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

marinegreen
06-15-06, 07:23 PM
Make sure the one you find Ole Sarg has a rubber room with straight jacket, he's a prime candidate for a lobotomy..SF